L.A. Noire

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 74
  • Views 5K
Pre-ordered it from Game, can't wait to get it...they usually deliver a day before release too ^^)

I absolutely :wub: Rockstar Games.

Intro to GameSpot review, they gave a 9/10

L.A. Noire's absorbing investigations and intoxicating sense of style make it an unforgettable journey through the seamy side of the City of Angels.
List of all 8 critic reviews so far:

GameSpot: 9/10
IGN: 8.5/10
Giant Bomb: 5/5 stars
VideoGamer: 10/10
GamePro: 5/5 stars
1up: A
SpazioGames: 9.5/10
Computer and Video Games: 8.9/10

Holds a 94 rating on MetaCritic.

Looks like I'm going to have to add that to my Summer wishlist, as I've got only 10 exams to do and then cracking on with time off.

looks really interesting, apparently u got 2 spot clues on ur own and interrogate people and stuff like that which sounds pretty fun, will be curious to see how the gameplay will be like but after seeing the graphics, I am defo gonna trudge my way down to the shops to get a copy for myself

I've only read IGN's review so far, and they said it can be boring and repetitive, so I'm glad more credible sources such as CVG & Gamespot have given it higher scores.

I've only read IGN's review so far, and they said it can be boring and repetitive, so I'm glad more credible sources such as CVG & Gamespot have given it higher scores.

I don't really trust IGN anymore, only seem to give high scores to massively hyped games like CoD (although at times GameSpot can be just as bad).

Anyway, another review; this time from EuroGamer.

8/10

exams. =[
june 28th, i shall be playing this in my boxers.

I don't really trust IGN anymore, only seem to give high scores to massively hyped games like CoD (although at times GameSpot can be just as bad).

Anyway, another review; this time from EuroGamer.

8/10

You give a reviewer enough money, and you too will have a 9 out of 10 game.

IGN are good for previews and media only, there reviews aren't the best so I don't pay attention. However, I find eurogamer usually to be spot on and I'm disappointed they only gave it 8/10.

Ultimately, it's your own opinion on a game that matters and from what I've seen so far on justin tv, this could be a 10. Can't wait to play it Thursday after work :D

It better live up to my Noir expectations. Can't be bothered with the GTA aspect of thingsa though, they seem to love car chases etc.

Unfortunately couldn't get the money together to pre-order the game, unless I can successfully do it by tonight (2 days until release is still enough time time to pre-order, right?). Really want the game.

Got home an hour ago from work and I've played it for 30 minutes or so before I go to football and first impressions of it are pretty good, not Red Dead good, but it's unique. Your hand is held during the first interrogation though so you can't **** that up, it auto saved before the first proper interrogation so I turned it off to go get ready, will play some more later.

Also got a free L.A. Noire T-Shirt from shopto.net, girlfriend thinks I look a geek in it. She's not wrong.

Got home an hour ago from work and I've played it for 30 minutes or so before I go to football and first impressions of it are pretty good, not Red Dead good, but it's unique. Your hand is held during the first interrogation though so you can't **** that up, it auto saved before the first proper interrogation so I turned it off to go get ready, will play some more later.

Also got a free L.A. Noire T-Shirt from shopto.net, girlfriend thinks I look a geek in it. She's not wrong.

You look like a geek, period.

Got it today also, yet to play it though.

How is the 3 disks going as apparently on the PS3 it is overheating some machines and shutting them down due to only using 1 disc

How is the 3 disks going as apparently on the PS3 it is overheating some machines and shutting them down due to only using 1 disc

I've had it running for 12 hours on my PS3 and it's running fine. Where did you hear it's been overheating some PS3s?

Last edited:
The game is pretty much Grand Theft Auto in 1940. I love the music and the dialogue is better than I expected. Finding clues will be tricky if you don’t use the help & tips but I suppose it makes the game interesting.