L.A. Noire

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 74
  • Views 5K
The game is pretty much Grand Theft Auto in 1940. I love the music and the dialogue is better than I expected. Finding clues will be tricky if you don't use the help & tips but I suppose it makes the game interesting.

Played it more today, I'm on the second case of Traffic cop and enjoying it so far. The whole of the Beat cop route is pretty much tutorials, after that you're on your own. I've only used intuition once so far and it was in interrogation, it just removes one response you can use. Not used one on a crime scene because where is the fun on having all clues revealed?

Gonna get it tomorrow, I owe out about £300 quid so I'll be up to my limit for today, just hope they have some copies left in GAME.

Played it more today, I'm on the second case of Traffic cop and enjoying it so far. The whole of the Beat cop route is pretty much tutorials, after that you're on your own. I've only used intuition once so far and it was in interrogation, it just removes one response you can use. Not used one on a crime scene because where is the fun on having all clues revealed?

Agreed. I love that your partner gives you directions, nice little feature.

Just bought this.. Will play and let you know how it's gone.

for those of you who have bought this game, how is it in general? I am thinking about buying it as the graphics look pretty amazing but am a bit skeptical of the gameplay so anyone can give suggestions on whether its worth its quid?

Game is AWESOME.

Been playing it since half four non stop and I can't get enough. In fact, for the last hour I've been saying I'll stop now and then something else happens!

The interrogations are good, as you can do things wrong which is always a plus in a game and the clues are quite difficult to find as you can select things that aren't actually of any use to you e.g. a cup.

Love the interaction features, how you can talk to your partner all the time, and the fact you can get your partner to drive to save time etc. Like the ranks and the 'Intuition points'. Come in really handy when you're not sure if they're telling the truth or not.

Overall so far been a really good game and very happy I bought it. One weakness for it though is that it seems like it's going to be really easy to clock and if I played it constantly over the weekend I'd be able to clock it quickly. Also, the chases are far too easy - never run out of breath and can hop pretty much every wall.

Great game though, really do enjoy it.

really enjoying this game, I'm about halfway through now and I am currently in homocide where some of the cases are pretty grusome. The foot chases are great and the interegations are really difficult. Top game though.

Still haven't played too much but I am getting a bit more into it than I was, keep making stupid ****** mistakes & seem to burst my load too early half the time. Rumour has it my guy's nickname is now 'Dunc'

Last edited:
Will be getting this once I have the funds.

Although I am enjoying the game, it's grossly repetitive. How's everyone else enjoying it?

I like it a lot, quite hard but enjoyable, and to Kris^ are you on about the three female murders ? that got on my nerves.

keep making stupid ****** mistakes & seem to burst my load to early

Quote of the year. Thats sig material :D

How is the game for everyone? Im considering it if i get my new job next week as i will have 3 months of no internet. Realy need a game to get stuck into.

Basically got my final 3 exams this week so may get it to play over half term and until Im back at school on June 20. Friend bought it online but won't play it til Friday after exams finished. Annoyingly enough for him it came early and came today. How strong is his will power?.....

How is the game for everyone? Im considering it if i get my new job next week as i will have 3 months of no internet. Realy need a game to get stuck into.

If you need if for 3 months don't get it. If you have a lot of free time/constantly play it you could clock it in a few days. Mate of mine bought it on the Friday and had it completed fully by the time Survival Sunday kicked off. It is a very good game though.

It is repetitive, but for some reason I find it really addictive. Brilliant story and graphics are the best in any game I've seen. The best game out at the minute. It's a bit like heavy rain if you enjoyed that you'll probably like this more.

Mhm, i may wait a few weeks and see. Well all going well ill be working from 3pm till midnight most days so may just be for a hour or 2 a day. I find most rpgs repeditive but it looks amazing so i may take a gamble on it.

It is repetitive, but for some reason I find it really addictive. Brilliant story and graphics are the best in any game I've seen. The best game out at the minute. It's a bit like heavy rain if you enjoyed that you'll probably like this more.

Heavy Rain + Grand Theft Auto + Detectives = L.A. Noire

Agreed. Heavy Rain IMO would have been one of the best games ever if it was free-roam :'( That's the sole reason I prefer L.A Noire both amazing games though. I was well on my way to completing it, but haven't felt like playing it the past 2 days. Half day at college tomorrow though so should have plenty to play it :)

Although I am enjoying the game, it's grossly repetitive. How's everyone else enjoying it?

Feel exactly the same about it, it's good so far but not had much time to play it. When I do play it I feel like I'm doing the same **** I did on the last case. If it wasn't for the story it would be boring as other than looking for hidden cars and the side missions, what else is there to do?

Also, has anyone managed to run a person over, I've not been trying but I always seem to just miss them.