L'ascesa del rosanero - a Palermo la storia

nice signings there..i don't kno much about sanogo as never signed him but astori is a gd defender...keep up gd story

Thanks White army! Yeh it's the other way about for me, never had Astori, but heard good things about him!

Will do :) Thanks for the comment ;)

View attachment 265659

February

A very hard month ahead with games at Inter Milan, AC Milan and Juventus the league leaders.

Serie A
Genoa vs Palermo
2-0

Serie A
Palermo vs Sampdoria
5-1
J.Ilicic, F.Brienza, A.Hernandez x3

Serie A
Inter Milan vs Palermo
1-1
A.Mehmeti

Serie A
Palermo vs AC Milan
2-0
A.Hernandez x2

Serie A
Torino vs Palermo
0-3
E.Zahavi, A.Hernandez x2

Serie A
Palermo vs Juventus
1-2
R.Y.Jenssen

Probably one of the more difficult months we have had playing all the big sides together though could be bonus coming to the end of the season. Losing at Genoa and to Juventus at home were obviously the main disappointments, however Juventus are the league leaders and in great form so it was to be expected if I'm honest.

Beating AC Milan was probably the main highlight of the month, however, it was an expected win as they are slipping down the table futher and further, currently in 14th place.

We could of in fact snatched a win at Inter Milan if it wasn't for F.Brienza skying a penalty over the bar in the 91st minute which would have made it 2-1 with no chance of them coming back to get result. Was literally the last kick of the game!

February League Table

View attachment 265663

Player of the Month

View attachment 265664
5 Apps 7 Goals

In other news

View attachment 265667

Mauro Tasscotti sacked by AC Milan following loss to Palermo
Pep Guardiola takes charge at AC Milan!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be continued..

Comments/Constructive Criticism and Feedback are all welcome..

Thank you for taking the time to read so far..Plenty more updates to follow..

Last edited:
Sorry mate, I have been reading it.

Great story, keep going pal. Love a Palermo story :)

Sorry mate, I have been reading it.

Great story, keep going pal. Love a Palermo story :)

Thanks Sam :D Have been following yours also!

Yeh i thought it would be something different rather than a top side, enjoying this save at the minute :)

Still following mate, keep it up. Nie to see that Hernendez is playing well had him in one of my previous saves and he was top class when fit :D

Still following mate, keep it up. Nie to see that Hernendez is playing well had him in one of my previous saves and he was top class when fit :D

I will mate. Should have a few more up tomorrow at some point. Yeh he is playing out of his skin for me, hope it continues :D

View attachment 265951
March

A very busy month ahead with 5 games in total. 3 away games and 2 at home.

Serie A
Napoli vs Palermo
2-3
J.Ilicic, F.Anderson, A.Hernandez

Serie A
Palermo vs Cheivo
1-1
A.Hernandez

Serie A
Bologna vs Palermo
1-2
A.Hernandez x2

Serie A
Palermo vs Fiorentina
2-1
A.Hernandez x2

Serie A
Parma vs Palermo
0-1

A.Mehmeti

So, a busy month but a very good one, only dropping 2 points in 5 games! It definately came at the right time too as we were struggling with form etc.

We honestly didn't deserve to win the game at Napoli, they were the far better team, we quite simply just took our chances and they didn't.

The Cheivo game was very different, we dominated from start to finish, having 7 CCC's, we just couldn't put the ball in the back of the net for a second time unfortunately meaning it ended all square.

The Fiorentina match, well, that was a dirty game, a man sent off in each team, however we still held our own on our home ground and took the three points meaning Fiorentina hadn't won in 4!

Parma game was a strange one also, we seemed to dominate possession and chances, we just couldn't convert, it took to the 83rd minute before we could find a winner. Parma also had a man sent off.

March League Table

View attachment 265952

Player of the Month

View attachment 265953
5 Apps 6 Goals

In other news

View attachment 265954

Juventus and AC Milan knocked out of the Coppa Italia by Sampdoria and Cagliari respectively!

------------------------------------------------------

To be continued..

Last edited:
Juventus' results are scary oO
Since it's March....did you get some good regens? :)

Juventus' results are scary oO
Since it's March....did you get some good regens? :)

Yeh, there dominating the league in all honesty! AND they did the double over me :(

Nah not yet, haven't really looked as of yet, and didn't get anything that promising through my academy! There's still time :)

Juventus are ******* **** up!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely dominant

Juventus are ******* **** up!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely dominant

Yeh, there taking the biscuit :(

I'll never catch them now, didn't expect to win the league anyway first season haha, but by the table i could finish anywhere still!

View attachment 266532

April & May

As the end of the season drew near, i realised there was only 2 games in May, so i have decided to combine the last two months in my first season as Palermo manager.

April

Serie A
Palermo vs Cagliari
2-0
A.Hernandez, A.Mehmeti

Serie A
Atalanta vs Palermo
2-1
F.Brienza

Serie A
Palermo vs Pescara
4-2
F.Brienza, A.Mehmeti

Serie A
Udinese vs Palermo
2-1
F.Miccoli

Serie A
Palermo vs Catania
5-0
A.Hernandez x3, R.Y.Jenssen, N.Ravaglia (O.G)

May

Serie A
Siena vs Palermo
1-5
A.Hernandez x4, R.Drenthe

Last Game of the Season
Serie A
Lazio vs Palermo
2-1
R.Y.Jenssen

An average two months that was very up and down, played outstandingly well in all our home games but played less than average in our away games. It seems to be the story of our season in all honesty.

I was thinking of highlights throughout the final two months of the campaign and honestly? I can't split the home result against Catania and the away result against Siena. If i had to choose it would be the away result, because of the fact we have been lackluster away from home for the majority of the season.

So as i say, that brings the season to a close and there will be an end of season summary to follow in the next update!

Final League Table

View attachment 266546
Player of the Month

It's that man again!
View attachment 266547
7 Apps 8 Goals!

In other news

Palermo go on the hunt for scouts signing two! Tord Grip and Martyn Glover
Juventus retain Serie A by a massive 20 points total.
Sampdoria win Coppa Italia final.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be continued..

View attachment 266552
End of Season Summary

View attachment 266554

A solid 3rd place which takes us into the Champions League next season, the building begins now that the foundations have been laid.

So, with the final league table looking like this, it was plain to see the underachievers and overachievers. Juventus walked the league winning it by a massive 20 points!

Underachievers (Media Prediction)
AC.Milan (1st)
Fiorentina (6th)
Inter Milan (3rd)

Overachievers (MP)
Chievo (16th)
Sampdoria (14th)
Palermo (8th)

Promotions and Relegations
Relegated from Serie A are as follows:

Catania
Parma
Fiorentina

Promoted to Serie A are as follows:

Novara
Cesena & either
Nocerina

Thought i would also give you a little insight to the quality of football we played throughout the season by providing you with some Palermo stats, these are as follows:

Top Goal Scorer: A.Hernandez (37)
Most Assists: R.Y.Jenssen (16)
Most Man of the Match Awards: A.Hernandez (12)
Most Yellows: R.Drenthe (16)
Most Reds: R.Drenthe (3)
Highest Average Rating: A.Hernandez (7.60)

Below is the stats of all the team throughout the season sorted by average rating.

View attachment 266562

A few of our players also made it into the Team of the Year! Namely, Abel Hernandez.

View attachment 266564
What a strike force that is!

So, we move onto my awards, the award for Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year!

And the winner of the Player of the Year goes to....

Abel Hernandez!

View attachment 266566
Definately no suprises here, 37 Goals in 37 Appearances, how could he not of got the award?

And finally, the winner of the Young Player of the Year goes to....

Ezequiel Munoz

View attachment 266567
The centre half had a great campaign with an average rating above 7. I said at the start of the season he would be vital, and he was!

So this brings the season to a close with all games played and we finished in a solid 3rd place. It could have been 2nd if we didn't slip up in the final game of the season, but all in all, we're in the Champions League next season and we will have to build on that and our league performances if we are to stand any chance of finishing were we did this season.

In other news

Jobs available
at the end of the season

Inter Milan
(Italy)
AS Roma (Italy)
Betis (Spain)
Werder Bremem (Germany)
Athletico Bilbao (Spain)
Vallodolid (Spain)
Espanyol (Spain)
Reading (England)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to say as it is the end of the season, thank you for following my first season in charge of Palermo and i hope you continue to do so :)

To be continued..

Last edited:
wow well done...inter and ac milan had very bad season...gd luck next season

wow well done...inter and ac milan had very bad season...gd luck next season

Yeh AC Milan especially did, predicted 1st and finished 13th...i suspect they will do well next season as Pep Guardiola will have full charge from the very start!

Thanks for following once again :)

View attachment 267120
Summer Update

View attachment 267121

Palermo have today announced that Steven Mckergan has signed a 4 year contract extension to his current deal. It is said that Mr.Mckergan had 1 year left on his current deal.

View attachment 267123

"We actually have the manager on the line now i believe? We cross over to Sicily!"

View attachment 267129

Sky Sports: "Hello Mr.Mckergan, how do you feel to have agreed a new contract at Palermo?"

Me: "Hello Jim, I feel absolutely delighted, as i said at the very beginning, it is truly a dream come true to be part of this club so early on in my career and i fully believe in the project they have going here"

Sky Sports: "That's great! So, how do you feel about the club releasing how much you have to spend this year and is it true, and do you have any targets in mind as of yet?"

Me: "In all honesty Jim, it was a joint decision, we discussed it, and i fully believe the supporters of this club should know what is happening with the club they support, so yes, the statement is true. As for targets, yes i have a few in mind, we need strengthening in a few areas, but i think i will keep that to myself for now"

Sky Sports: "Thank you for your time Steven, and good luck with the beginning of the new season"

So, it has been confirmed! In a dramatic change of tactics, Palermo have announced what the club will be giving Mckergan to spend during these summer months before the new campaign begins. He will approximately have 20M Euros to spend on players and what is thought to be around 570k for wages.

However, if Mckergan sees fit to sell players in his squad at this present moment, ALL money he makes will be added to the funds available to bring new quality in!

Palermo Friendly Games

Espanyol
Alcorcon
Zaragoza
Sabodell
Boavista

So a tour to begin our season, 4 games in sunny Spain and then off to Portugal for the final match.
View attachment 267131
Sky Bet can today announce the title odds for the Serie A season 2012/13.

Juventus - 5/2
Inter Milan - 12-1
Palermo - 16/1
Napoli - 16/1
AC Milan - 20/1
Chievo - 25/1

And that concludes the odds for the following season in Serie A, don't forget, new customers will get a £10 free bet!

In other news

Italy have been knocked out of the European Championship's Semi Final by Spain, losing 1-0.

----------------------------------------------------------

To be continued..

Last edited:
Top stuff pal, can't believe Fiorentina got relegated!!! AC Milan were awful, such a mad league

Top stuff pal, can't believe Fiorentina got relegated!!! AC Milan were awful, such a mad league

Thanks mate, the creative side is coming back in by the looks of things!

It really is, it's that mad i actually think i have a shot at the league this season haha!

Thanks for the comment :)