End of the season (April and May)

View attachment 371385

Only had 3 games in April so wasn't really worth it's own update to be honest so I just decided to combine the two months into one bigger update which also includes the Coppa Italia final against Juve!

Results time!

Lazio 1 - 0 Roma (Serie A)
Sarabia

Oh Sarabia, how I love you! We were (again) terrible but a little bit of magic from Sarabia saved us. He's now an undisputed started on the left wing and he's just an amazing player to be honest.

Verona 2 - 0 Lazio (Serie A)

We're just throwing away the title to be honest...

Lazio 4 - 0 Torino (Serie A)
Novaretti, Own Goal, Sarabia x2

The Pablo Sarabia show! Scored 2, assisted 2 here. If we want to win the title we have to win every single game and hope Juve slip up a couple of times to be honest but I've just kind of accepted that it's gone now..

Inter 1 - 1 Lazio (Serie A)
Hernanes

Yeah it's really gone now I think. We did well to challenge Juve but in the end we've just tired out..

Lazio 4 - 1 Bologna (Serie A)
Klose x3, Hernanes

So Klose gets a start this game and boy did he take it, he scored a hat trick in 22 minutes! Hernanes then scored a 4th after 30 mins then we just gave up and were terrible lol..

Sassuolo 3 - 3 Lazio (Serie A)
El Shaarawy, Candreva, Klose

A really entertaining game but man, so disappointing and we are just so ****** inconsistent at the moment!! Oboabona got a 3.3 rating for the first half, unbelievable!!

Lazio 5 - 1 Livorno (Serie A)
Milic, Klose x3, Astori

Well, good to see that we have some goals in us and Klose has some form I guess lol.. But this inconsistency is just so frustrating it makes me want to cry. One game left and Juve have now officially won the title..

Cagliari 0 - 0 Lazio (Serie A)

And we end with a disaster, Vergara, Onazi and most importantly Klose got injured and all 3 will miss the cup final. Disaster.

Here's the final league table of the season before the cup final:

View attachment 371387

So we lost out by 7 points in the end, really disappointing but can't do anything about it I guess, they were just better in the end. Their only defeat of the season was against us!!

View attachment 371388

Coppa Italia Final

Lazio vs Juventus

3rd Minute: Goal for Lazio! Davide Astori from a corner! 1-0
16th Minute: Juventus Penalty and yellow card for Lorik Cana
17th Minute: Goal for Juventus! Carlos Tevez scores the penalty 1-1
22nd Minute: Goal for Lazio! Libor Kozak 2-1
43rd Minute: Goal for Lazio again!!! Libor Kozak with his second! 3-1
45th (+2) Minute: Second yellow card and now red for Lorik Cana!! 6th Red card this season for the Laizo captain
50th Minute: Yellow Card for Kwadwo Asamoah of Juventus
54th Minute: Lazio Penalty!! Second yellow and now red for Kwadwo Asamoah!
55th Minute: Goal for Lazio!!! Kozak completes his hat trick fronm the spot! 4-1 to Lazio!!

Full time.

Lazio 4 - 1 Juventus (Coppa Italia Final)
Astori, Kozak x3

Wow, what a game. We were brilliant as we had been off and on for the previous month. At least we beat Juve in the final to get a bit of revenge for the league!! Kozak came in for Klose and made it count by dominating the game and basically winning it for us as he assisted Astori's goal too (no clue how, it was a corner..)

In the team of the year, one of our players got in:
View attachment 371390

Thoroughly deserved for Astori, he's been a rock at the back for me. Best rated player in the league all season from practically the first game!

I forgot to take a picture of the squad but Astori, Novaretti and Andre Dias were all comfortably my highest rated players and Hernanes was involved in about 30 goals with about 15 goals and 15 assists!

One more slight bit of news was on my regen right back:
View attachment 371392View attachment 371393

The picture of his stats is (obviously) from the current season but he's going to be some player, already looks good now! He'll get plenty of game time and I have no clue why the regen face isn't there. I was trying to get my face pack to work and in doing so have just ruined it all it seems!

Player of the Season - Davide Astori
View attachment 371391

No way I could give this to anyone else! Best player in Italy and definitely my best player. Klose and Kozak were both good as well but they went through dry patches here and there that lasted quite a while, thankfully when one was one a dry patch, the other seemed to be firing!

Plans for summer:

1) Sign Angelo Ogbonna - Never had the chance to manage him but he looks top notch and was the second highest in the league behind Astori on average rating so I want to try him out
2) Sign a new anchor man - This is so necessary, Cana is very good but his discipline is just abysmal.
3) Attempt to sign a new striker - Not the highest priority but I want to move on Klose as he's a bit old and very hot and cold it seems..
4) Attempt to sign Marco Verratti - Doubt this will happen but worth a try!

That's all for this season. 2nd is higher than I expected and to win the cup is always a bonus!​

Congratulations on the CL qualification and the cup title! Very strong to win against Juventus in the finale!
Very well done indeed.

Congratulations on the CL qualification and the cup title! Very strong to win against Juventus in the finale!
Very well done indeed.

Cheers man! Disappointed to lose the title like we did but yea good to get CL qualification as it was my main goal. Great to beat Juve as well as they have an amazing team even after selling Marchisio to Man Utd at the start of the game (always seems to happen).

About to post up pre season and August people!

Pre-season and August

View attachment 371571
Our midfield engine Hernanes, with interest in him, could we keep hold of him?

So with one season done, here I am at the start of the 2013/14 season with a good squad already however some areas needed improvement badly, such as striker. I went into the summer with 3 key transfer targets in mind:
1) Angelo Ogbonna - The Italian CB is one of the best however he moved to Udinese at the start of the 2012/13 season so he'll cost me £22.5m, his buy out clause, still worth it I think as he'll be a top player for me.
2) Yann M'vila - The French Anchor Man is at Rubin Kazan and will cost £16.75m but the problem is he's already on £66k a week wages so his wage demands may be a bit more than I can afford.
3) Andreas Cornelius - The Danish striker is at Cardiff and was star man for me in my Leverkusen save, becoming the first player to displace Messi from his perch at the top of the Ballon D'or in 2015! He'll cost a lot but will be worth it, the main problem is if he'll want to join.

So could I get any of these players? Here's my transfers:

View attachment 371579

In terms of transfers in, I only got 1 of my 3 main targets lol... M'vila wanted 155k a week!! That's just way more than I can afford right now and Cardiff wanted £50m for Cornelius so I bailed out and went after Fierro instead. Instead of M'vila I got Guilavogui from St. Etienne who was a star player for me in my save with them in FM12, he'll be a starting anchor man but he's still young so he may still take some time to settle in and start playing well. Fierro was a bit of a spur of the moment, I only signed him on loan because I didn't want to commit to him in case he turns out to be poor for me (highly doubtful, he's never failed...anyone it seems). Bonaventura was transfer listed and he'll provide good cover for positions but I doubt he'll ever be a definite starter for me. We shall see though. Ogbonna was the big summer transfer and I'm so glad I got him as he's going to be star for me I'm sure, his stats aren't amazing but eh always seems to have amazing average ratings whenever I've seen him. The rest were a mix of young players and pre arranged deals with nothing really of note.

Here is my outgoings:

View attachment 371580

So a major clear out, as I said I was going to, I sold on Cana and Klose but to get rid of Novaretti and Andre Dias as well is a bit of a risk, I predict a slow start to the season with basically none of the players who started the game at Lazio here anymore! I like to have my own team though and don't forsee to many tranfers in the next few seasons except the odd big one, hopefully Verratti.

Results time!

Lazio 2 - 0 Porto
Lazio 2 - 1 Tigres
Lazio 0 - 2 FC Bayern
Lazio 3 - 0 Velez

A decent pre season, there was meant to be a game against Arsenal in between the Bayern and Velez but it got cancelled a few days before due to Arsenal having a European qualifier or something like that, still I'm fairly happy. Time for the results that count:

Juventus 1 - 2 Lazio (SuperCoppa)
Kozak, Biglia

We beat Juventus to another trophy! The third time in just over a season that we've done this and a good win after we fell behind to yet another Llorente goal.

Chievo 2 - 1 Lazio (Serie A)
Kozak

Really disappointing to lose the opening game of the seaosn but I do think it'll take a while for the players to settle in so I think this may be a transitional season, hoping to get Champions league qualification at the end of it as a minimum though.

So only 2 games that counted this month so no real point in a table, I'm fairly happy with my transfer business as well even though I couldn't get any of M'Vila, Cornelius or Verratti but I just don't think we're big enough for Verratti or Cornelius yet anyways.

All for now guys, will do September in an hour or so!​

September 2013

View attachment 372493

So I got a bit carried away playing a couple of nights ago and actually played up until May so I'm planning on just cracking out a ton of updates today to try get up to date.

I also forgot to mention what my Champions League group is, we have been drawn with:
Shaktar
Schalke
Hapoel Tel-Aviv

We'll do well to qualify as Shakhtar and Schalke are both quality teams.

Results time for September:

Lazio 3 - 1 Sampdoria (Serie A)
Ogbonna, Sarabia, Fierro

2 assists and a goal for Sarabia who has started the season on fire!

Inter Milan 2 - 0 Lazio (Serie A)

Just really poor to be honest..

Shakhtar 2 - 0 Lazio (UEFA Champions League Group H)

Again, just really poor. Not started the season too well..

Lazio 2 - 1 Atalanta (Serie A)
Ogbonna, Hernanes

2 more assists for Sarabia, the Sarabia corner to Ogbonna header mix seems to be working so at least there's a slight positive I guess.

Ascoli 1 - 2 Lazio (Serie A)
Felipe Anderson, Candreva

McGeehan got a rare start here and took it really well as he got 2 assists and Man of the Match!

Lazio 0 - 0 Juventus (Serie A)

Disappointed because we seem to normally play really well against Juve but we just didnt turn up for this game, lucky to get even a draw!

No more news for the month. Pretty poor start to the season if I'm being totally honest. Some big games for us enxt month as we start with Schalke at home which if we want to qualify, we must win to be honest, and we end with the Rome Derby. So an important month next time out!

Here's the table:

View attachment 372491

Juve have had an incredible start to the season and already after only 6 games, they'll take some catching up as they just seem to never lose!

Player of the Month - Pablo Sarabia
View attachment 372492

Top notch player, really coming into his own now as he;s started the season as not only my best offensive player but just my overall best player above my CBs!

Like I said, I plan on just cracking out loads of updates today to try and get up to date with the actual game so expect a lot!​

Bit of a wobbly second season start.

Also good sales.

Not sure about OGBONNA tho (dont like his very low pace) but I never used him so I may be wrong.

Also, Fierro. How is he turning out for you? Im very interested to know as he's a player I never seem to go for as I want instant results from my cf from the get go and in second seasons when I get more money I tend to go for more fully formed players. Plus he's Mexican and occupies foreign slot in certain leagues. Also Im thinking of going for him end of my VELEZ season to alternate with the beast that is FACUNDO FERREYRA.

Bit of a wobbly second season start.

Also good sales.

Not sure about OGBONNA tho (dont like his very low pace) but I never used him so I may be wrong.

Also, Fierro. How is he turning out for you? Im very interested to know as he's a player I never seem to go for as I want instant results from my cf from the get go and in second seasons when I get more money I tend to go for more fully formed players. Plus he's Mexican and occupies foreign slot in certain leagues. Also Im thinking of going for him end of my VELEZ season to alternate with the beast that is FACUNDO FERREYRA.

Ogbonna is a class act, his stats aren't otherworldly like Astori and a few others but he is just so consistent it's unreal.

Well (obviously) I'm a lot further in advance than the posts show but I can say that Fierro's been good, he's had to play second fiddle to Kozak because Kozak has just been godly for me since the start of the save (he pushed Klose out of the team in the first season) but when called upon he's been good, developing nicely too. I'd really recommend him as I had him in my Stoke save and he turned out to be the world's best striker, comfortably getting 50 goals and 20 assists a season!

October 2013

View attachment 372495

No news at the beginning of the month so I'll just get straight into the results I guess

Lazio 3 - 4 Schalke (UEFA Champions League Group H)
Candreva x2, Ogbonna

Nooooooooooo! We were 2-0 down and getting battered then 3-1 down but then we brought it back to 3-3 only for Bonaventura to get sent off and Schalke to score a late goal, gutting!!! Very tough to qualify now..

Bologna 2 - 2 Lazio (Serie A)
Candreva, Guilavogui

So we were 1-0 down and playing badly when Guilavogui decided he'd take it into his hands and set up Candreva then scored a beauty of a goal! He then promptly got injured straight away, they then scored their second and Sarabia got a second yellow.. Damnit.

Lazio 0 - 0 Cagliari (Serie A)

This is a terrible start to the seaosn...

Hapoel Tel-Aviv 0 - 3 Lazio (UEFA Champions League Group H)
Kozak x2, Biglia

Biglia got a rare game here, I tried desperately to sell him in Summer as Felipe Anderson is better now but noone wanted him so I'm stuck with him until atleast January, 4 games into the month and this was our first win, not good enough.

Sassuolo 0 - 2 Lazio (Serie A)
Hernanes, Sarabia

Guilavogui made a comeback here, then got a knock and had to come off again. This is so frustrating because he just hasn't got going yet and is looking like a waste of £9m! Decent victory though.

Lazio 1 - 1 Roma (Serie A)
Kozak

So we end the month with another draw in the league, terrible start to the season continues.

So another disappointing month for us, hopefully we'll start to turn it around as our performances seemed to improve later in the month and we were so unlucky to draw the games against Bologna and Roma and lose to Schalke so the results aren't totally indicative of how we've played.

One good thing happened this month:
View attachment 372498

Got to take every positive I can at this stage!!

Here's the table:
View attachment 372499

The gap isn't too big but it'll take some closing so we really need to hit some form next month!

Player of the Month - Cameron McGeehan
View attachment 372500

Honestly, I can't remember why i gave him player of the month but I'm sure he was good!

One last thing:
View attachment 372501

I promptly rejected it as I've took all 3 of their best youth products off them already!​

November 2013

View attachment 372508

The month's just keep on coming! Trying to catch up still..

Results time!

Verona 1 - 3 Lazio (Serie A)
Kozak x2, Bonaventura

A good win, Kozak was superb but then got himself sent off in the 92nd minute after getting booked for diving, twice.

Lazio 6 - 0 Hapoel Tel-Aviv (UEFA Champions League Group H)
Kozak x4, Candreva x2

Another average victory, nothing special, not like 2 players got 10.0 ratings or anything. 4 goals for Kozak and 2 goals and 3 assists for Candreva after he came off the bench! Unbelievable.

Lazio 3 - 0 Genoa (Serie A)
Sarabia, El Shaarawy, Hernanes

3-0 up at half time and then we just coasted the victory, looks like we're hitting some form now!

AC Milan 1 - 2 Lazio (Serie A)
Hernanes, Sarabia

GET IN, 93RD MINUTE!!! Sarabia pops up with a bit fo magic in the 93rd minute to win us the game, brilliant!!

Lazio 2 - 0 Shakhtar (UEFA Champions League Group H)
Hernanes (pen), El Shaarawy

Another good win, really hitting form now. This leaves us with a simple equation, we MUST beat Schalke to qualify otherwise we drop into the Europa League.

Lazio 2 - 0 Napoli (Serie A)
Kozak, Murru

Kozak scores again after being chief assister for the last few games, he's had an unbelievable month despite not scoring too many.

So a perfect month! Finally hit some form...in November. Hopefully it doesn't take us this long next season!

Here's the table:
View attachment 372509

Juve had a very poor month so we've closed right up on them now! However Palermo have made a storming start to the season for some reason so maybe I should be worrying about them? I do think they'll drop off during the season though and the quality in Juve and ourselves will pull us through to being top 2.

Player of the Month - Libor Kozak
View attachment 372510

After his 4 goal performance there was never going to be someone different for player of the month. The big man started to fire a bit this month and we'll need him at his best because he's the main man now that Klose's gone!

I got another job offer!
View attachment 372511

Which I rejected instantly lol...​

December 2013

View attachment 372546

Straight into the results!

Catania 1 - 1 Lazio (Serie A)
Fierro

Never seem to perform against Catania, really frustrating me..

Schalke 1 - 0 Lazio (UEFA Champions League Group H)

All I'm going to say is **** SCHALKE, I really hate them in FM! We drop into the Europa League..

Lazio 2 - 0 Spezia (Serie A)
El Shaarawy, Fierro

El Shaarawy and Fierro have been disappointing so far this season so good to see them both get on the scoresheet here.

Udinese 2 - 0 Lazio (Serie A)

**** Udinese too.

So a pretty poor month after our incredible one previously, here's the table:

View attachment 372547

Didn't really lose any ground thankfully, so I guess the month didn't turn our horrifically.

No player of the month because well, noone deserves it!

Sarabia got some well deserved recognition:
View attachment 372549

Still don't think 3rd is fair, 1st should've been his!

The board decided to give me some extra money too:
View attachment 372550
I chose to just stick with Champions League Qualification as I don't really need that much extra cash, can go after a few of my targets though with £19m.

In the Europa League we've been drawn against Brondby, so should be easy enough to get through​

Before I continue just posting for no reason, is anyone actually following this?

Well there's a few options but there's 2 that clearly stick out in my mind, I could:

1) Continue this save

2) Do a save with Swansea, noone else seems to have one and I've always admired how they play their football, so is a good possibility.

Well I guess that was pretty unanimous! I'll start posting updates again in a bit, just got up 30 mins ago

How did you spend 50 millions euros on transfers?:O Also, In my opinion it is impossible to sell players like Floccari and Ledesma (co) for so much money. What about Biglia, Novaretti and Felipe Anderson, did you buy them as well or put them in the team via FM Editor ? Tell me more about the training, pre season training, match training etc... I am starting all over again for 2-3 times... i have very bad results with this team and i always get sacked even thou i used your tactics. :( And last thing , are you using the very first version of FM 13 or you got 13.3 version? Looking forward to hear some answers from you, greetings Martin from Skopje, Macedonia