Le Tour de France

I love the tour de france..it's awesome..I love all the crashes and drama - this year's been great for that so far..i love it when one guy leads the whole day, and then looses it in the final straight...it aint gay or boring, tis crazy. i love the coverage on itv4, the music reminds me of summer and being young. Feel a bit sorry for it this year, and all sporting things..the world cup overshadows everything..

Wish ITV 4 would show highlights of the Giro & the Vuelta too. A few of the classics would not go amiss, like Paris-Roubaix for instance. Have a bad feeling this is gonna be the most one sided TDF for years though - Contador is out on his own & Lance is past it now. Maybe if Team Sky with Wiggo do well it'll raise the profile of the sport in the UK a few notches. I wouldn't worry about other sports pulling shapes on Le Tour - pedal heads will watch it anyway

incredibly gay the Tour de France, but some dude lacerated an eye-lid :S

I love it too, and follow it every day on eurosport/itv4. It's been a pretty eventful start with all the crashes, and it's a pity about Frank Schleck. Hopefully the British riders will put in a decent challenge although I expect all but Wiggins will fall away in the mountain stages. Congrats to Geraint for 2nd though!

a) What's wrong with gay people?
b) If you don't like the tour stay off the thread.
c) Ouch.

the FRENCH are gay, but doenst mean the tour de france is.

get yer facts straight!

Andy Schleck is the only person who can match Contador in the mountain, and Frank not being there is a massive blow. Contador's a better TTer, and a better climber, although it could be argued his team is worse.

As soon as I saw how Frank was holding himself I said "collarbone". Such a shame.

a) What's wrong with gay people?
b) If you don't like the tour stay off the thread.
c) Ouch.

the FRENCH are gay, but doenst mean the tour de france is.

get yer facts straight!

no no no no guys, I didn't say the French are gay, I said that the whole idea of a extremely long, pointless, cycle race around France, going on for ever, in a lot of countries is a tad gay. I mean, how long does it take to find the best endurance cycler in the world. The winning time last year was 85 hours :O.

I am just saying my opinion, and as you can see, the first post said, "Nobody cares, do they?"

That was just me wondering if anyone on a forum for a football game cared about cycling. And obviously they do.

And will someone please tell me what's wrong with gay people? Anyway, it's exciting at 3 weeks imo. There are races that are less, 1 week and suchlike, but 21 stages of pain is perfect for me.

Just saw the collision pictures and the cut on Lance Armstrong's arm. OUCH! That is gonna leave a big ugly scar.

That was just me wondering if anyone on a forum for a football game cared about cycling. And obviously they do.

And will someone please tell me what's wrong with gay people? Anyway, it's exciting at 3 weeks imo. There are races that are less, 1 week and suchlike, but 21 stages of pain is perfect for me.

lol, there's nothing wrong with gay people

Well why use it as a negative word while describing a race? oO)

because in today's language, gay means boring or weird. I never said I don't like gay people. Like most people, I have an impartial view.

Still, I might as well go away now, I've aired my view, and we've been off-topic for to long

because in today's language, gay means boring or weird. I never said I don't like gay people. Like most people, I have an impartial view.

Right, and you're okay with gay meaning boring or wierd? You must like it, in fact, seeing as you're using it yourself.

no no no no guys, I didn't say the French are gay, I said that the whole idea of a extremely long, pointless, cycle race around France, going on for ever, in a lot of countries is a tad gay.

At least it won't end in a 0-0 bore draw. In cycling, you are GUARANTEED some form of drama, whether it be a daylong break trying to survive, a duel on a mountain or a straight-up sprint finish.

Also, people in cycling only stay down if they're truly hurt: watching football right after cycling makes me feel a little ill. Seeing a hulking sprinter fall at high speed and then get up, covered in blood, to finish the stage before switching over to the world cup and seeing six foot two inch Lucio fling himself to the ground as if he's just been shot after a slight nudge by five foot seven Wesley Sneijder. Sometimes, there is just no contest.

Last edited:
These bikers have got guts - I wonder how many professional football players would go out & give their all if they knew in advance that every time they hit the deck there would be an even chance of a broken collar-bone ?

You have to be brave ( & slightly mad ) to contest a massed sprint finish like on the Champs E'llysees & have amazing stamina & willpower to win a mountain top finish like Mont Ventoux.

Forgive my presumtion but you knockers havn't really watched the sport in any depth, have you ? Just because these bike riders havn't got 500cc engines strapped on their machines dosn't invalidate their masculinity or the excitement & enthusiasm that they produce from their fans - so have a heart & lay off !

These bikers have got guts - I wonder how many professional football players would go out & give their all if they knew in advance that every time they hit the deck there would be an even chance of a broken collar-bone ?

You have to be brave ( & slightly mad ) to contest a massed sprint finish like on the Champs E'llysees & have amazing stamina & willpower to win a mountain top finish like Mont Ventoux.

Forgive my presumtion but you knockers havn't really watched the sport in any depth, have you ? Just because these bike riders havn't got 500cc engines strapped on their machines dosn't invalidate their masculinity or the excitement & enthusiasm that they produce from their fans - so have a heart & lay off !

<3 Awesome post, so true as well.

<3 Awesome post, so true as well.

The good news: Pro Cycling Manager 2010 is supposed to be out this friday (09/07/10).
The bad news: the first patch is ALREADY out before it's been released !