Leading Truro City to the Premier League

coolmcool

Reaction score
Truro City

View attachment 68541

So i have really got into some of the stories on here that are lower league saves and thought i would give it a go, as a proud Cornish man i had to choose the only club in Cornwall that i could be Truro City

Truro City have been on the rise over the last couple of decades at one point they went up something like 5 leagues in 6 years, they currently reside in the Vanarama National League South 2 years ago when they were promoted back into this league they made it up to 4th place but the following season only just managed to stay in the league
My main aim for the save is to get into the Football League proper within around 5 seasons? 2 Promotions in 5 seasons should be doable if i stick with it. The other aim is to try and get higher positions in the league eventually over other teams closest to us including Plymouth Argyle, Torquay and Exeter

I also want to try and bring some Cornish players through and even get a new Stadium built
As a child i used to go to Plymouth Argyle which is about a 2 hour drive from where i live but that was the closest professional team we could see, the likes of Dan Gosling, Ashley Barnes and Jamie Mackie graced the pitch and we even saw the likes of Paul Ince Captain Wolves back when Plymouth were in the Championship and had the likes of Barry Hayles and Ebanks-Blake in their strikeforce

Right and so it begins

View attachment 68540

Truro City

View attachment 68515

July 2017

So the first thing i get told when joining the club is their is not transfer budget and our wage budget is less than we currently spend, well this should be fun

View attachment 68514

My best player by far is Tyler Harvey who was a youth player at Plymouth Argyle a couple of seasons ago, hes only on a one year deal and already said he wont be resigning

View attachment 68513

Next up is DL Connor Riley-Lowe hes also only 21 and has just joined from Exeter after playing for us on loan last season

Ben Harding at 32 is at the other end of his career and even played for Wimbledon in the Championship many moons ago

View attachment 68512

Brilliant to see that our side doesnt have a single Leader

View attachment 68511

We start our friendlies with a comfortable 5-1 win over the U23's

View attachment 68510

So you know how i pointed out Harding was one of my best players, well now he has gone and got injured for 5 months

View attachment 68509

We have a very small squad overall with no players in the two reserve sides and dont even have a left sided midfielder

View attachment 68508View attachment 68507

Just to show our level Plymouth U23's beat us 2-0 and the media said we played well but the result was expected

View attachment 68506

Aberdeen put 7 past us, did my Chairman book any friendlies that we could actually win?

View attachment 68505

So the media are predicting a 13th placed finish, personally i will be really happy if we just about break into the top half of the table 10th will be overachieving

View attachment 68504

Its more like it as we only just fall to defeat to Plymouth Argyle

View attachment 68503

I set up a Senior Affiliate with Bristol Rovers who are in League 1 with a view to getting some of their players on loan

View attachment 68502

I make my first signing! Its a central midfielder on a free transfer who most recently played for Torquay

View attachment 68501

Danny Racchi - AMRC

View attachment 68500

We lose our final friendly and it was even against the only team we should have been able to beat

View attachment 68499

Truro City

View attachment 68446

August 2017

Here is the Tactic that my Assistant Manager believes is best for the players i have available

View attachment 68445

Heres my Boards expectations for the year

View attachment 68444

Vanarama South
Truro 1 - 2 Welling

View attachment 68443

An unlucky result and i blaming my defender who got sent off for the loss, we went ahead early on but they got one back right before half time, RB Palfrey then got two yellow cards in 9 minutes to get sent off and they scored not long after, we pushed for the equalizer but it wouldnt come

Ouch we get a fine for having so many yellow cards

View attachment 68441

A massive 75 season tickets sold

View attachment 68440

Vanarama South
Gloucester 3 - 3 Truro

View attachment 68439

We were 2-0 down by halftime and it looked all over, i made some subs and they still scored another, i then went all out attacking mode thinking we had nothing to lose and two of my three subs scored! Including Allen netting an injury time penalty equalizer

Vanarama South
Concord 2 - 0 Truro

View attachment 68437

Shocker of a result and a poor performance too, im not liking this tactic and will look to freshen things up as i wont be able to bring any players in

Vanarama South
Truro 0 - 2 Bath

View attachment 68436

This looks like its going to be a long season, we do the same again concede, early then spend the rest of the game chasing a goal before they net a late second

Vanarama South
Truro 2 - 0 Eastbourne

View attachment 68435

Truro Win a game! Truro WIN a game! As you can see its the second game with a different tactic which finally seemed to work well, Striker Neal scored a beautiful goal right before the break before they had a man sent off with around 20 minutes to go, it was only classed as a free kick just outside of the box after i thought we had won a penalty but Cooke scored from the subsquenting free kick anyway

Vanarama South
Chelmsford 2 - 2 Truro

View attachment 68434

We were down and out at half time 2-0 down but i hauled Neal off at half time changed things round a little and AMC Keats netted a quick brace to gain us a point,

Vanarama South
Truro 3 - 3 WSM

View attachment 68433

We came from behind 3 times in this game and Harvey even missed a penalty to gain another point and the tactic does seem to be working a bit better especially in the attacking side of it the defence not so much, it doesnt help that most of my defence are very young, my backup centre back is also the assitant manager

Heres the new tactic which seems to be working better especially with Cooke in the middle pulling the strings

View attachment 68432

We are all the way down in 18th place but unbeaten in 3 shows maybe the players are coming around to the tactic, this is going to be much harder than i thought

View attachment 68431

Keats has been our best player by a mile so far with 2 goals and 3 assists, the fact that he doesnt even have a proper contract with us shows our level whilst Tyler Harvey our supposed best player has been awful so far,

View attachment 68430

Truro City

View attachment 68397

September 2017

Vanarama South
Hemel Hempstead 1 - 4 Truro

View attachment 68396

Neal gets a Hattrick in an awesome result for us whilst his replacement Yetton then came off the bench to score to in our first proper result since i took charge

LB Riley-Lowe out for 3 weeks in the only downside to the recent match

View attachment 68395

We face Farnborough in the FA Cup 2nd Qualfying rnd a team who are in the division below us so we should beat them

View attachment 68394

Vanarama South
Havant 1 - 0 Truro

View attachment 68393

I really thought we were going to hang on to a very unlikely point but they netted a very late winner to dash my hopes and finish our recent unbeaten run

I finally sign a backup GK as we dont actually have one let alone a decent one

View attachment 68392

Gareth Owen - GK

View attachment 68391

Vanarama South
Truro 2 - 1 Whitehawk

View attachment 68390

Harvey put us ahead really early on before Rachhi netted a late wonder goal before going off with a nasty injury, they got a late consolation goal but we managed to just about hold on

Ouch! Rachhi out for 6 weeks

View attachment 68389

Vanarama South
Truro 1 - 3 Chippenham

View attachment 68388

Our GK went off injured showing that my recent purchase of a backup keeper was a smart move, Harvey netted not long after that before the break,
They came back into it in the second half grabbing an equalizer then netting a late brace when i tried to push for the win

Another key player injured, this time my GK is out injured for 3 month

View attachment 68387

FA Cup 2nd Qualfying rnd
Farnborough 1 - 1 Truro

View attachment 68386

Another shocker of a result with Harvey putting in a man of the match display and netting the opener but we couldnt kick on and get that second goal despite a ton of chances, they netted an equalizer shortly after the break and then rode out the draw

FA Cup 2nd Qualfying rnd Replay
Truro 2 - 0 Farnborough

View attachment 68385

A much better display after we have a ton of chances again but this time put some of them away, Riley-Lowe came back from his injury and put in a man of the match display at LB

We face Gainsborough in the next round of the FA Cup who are in the Vanarama North

View attachment 68384

Vanarama South
Thurrock 3 - 5 Truro

View attachment 68383

A much needed win against one of the other teams around us in the league, we got pegged back 3 times in a row i this match before kicking on near the end with a couple of unanswered goals with Harvey really showing hes a level above this league

FA Cup 3rd Qualfying Rnd
Gainsborough 3 - 1 Truro

View attachment 68382

And our FA Cup dream is over

Tyler Harvey wins Player of the Month after 4 goals in 5 games

View attachment 68381

We are 7 points clear of the relegation zone which is the most important thing, a win and loss at the moment can change everything we are all the way down in 15th but just 4 points off a Playoff place

View attachment 68380

Truro City

View attachment 68329

October 2017

Vanarama South
Truro 2 - 0 Hampton

View attachment 68328

An amazing start to the month with Neal up to putting away two good chances whilst Cooke ran the midfield

Vanarama South
Braintree 3 - 2 Truro

View attachment 68327

We were 3-0 down against Braintree the current league leaders and it looked like business as usual for us again, but we actually managed to come back into the game with a couple of second half goals and we nearly even got an equalizer

Vanarama South
Wealdstone 3 - 1 Truro

View attachment 68326

Another loss and another change of tactic, im really struggling to find a tactic that works for my side, i think i just need a bit of a player overhaul next summer or hope the youth intake gives me some different positioned players

Vanarama South
Truro 1 - 1 Bognor Regis

View attachment 68325

I really thought the new tactic was working, we had plenty of chances and were ahead for a good chunk of the match, then they managed to score a late equalizer something which will become a habit this month

Vanarama South
Oxford City 2 - 2 Truro

View attachment 68324

2-0 up and flying and then we just let it all fall apart yet again, a real switch the game off and give up moment, but that was last night and this morning i hope to get back into it!

Palfrey playing at wing back now has enjoyed playing their now and racing forward with some recent assists and a goal

View attachment 68323

We are around mid table at the moment in 14th place and just cant string a run of form together, we are closer to the playoff places though than the relegation places with us 7 points off 7th but 10 points away from the bottom 3

View attachment 68322

Truro City

View attachment 68246

November 2017

Vanarama South
Truro 1 - 2 Dartford

View attachment 68245

An pretty even back and forth game but they just took their chances whilst we fluffed ours

Copp out for 3 weeks

View attachment 68244

5 matches without a win in the league

View attachment 68243

We face fellow Vanarama South strugglers Eastbourne in the FA Trophy

View attachment 68241

Never been asked if we would want extra time before?

View attachment 68240

Vanarama South
Hungerford 2 - 3 Truro

View attachment 68239

A another very back and forth game but one we came out on the right side of, Harvey netted first they then missed a penalty before coming from behind to equalize, we then went ahead they then equalized before Harvey got his second late on and we managed to not concede another equalizer

So we finally just win a match and they say our meaningless cup match up next will determine whether or not i get the sack!

View attachment 68238

FA Trophy 3rd Qualfying rnd
Eastbourne 3 - 4 Truro

View attachment 68237

Well didnt i get lucky! We were 2-0 down in just 8 minutes and i thought my run as Truro manager and all my hopes and dreams were over but it wasnt to be!
Neal got one back but it was when i had a change in tempo around an hour in and made some subs that we really kicked on with 2 quick goals, we then scored another before yet another goal was disallowed, they netted one more but it was a mere consolation

We face Welling in the FA Trophy 1st rnd

View attachment 68235

Neal is my best player with 17 goals in 21 games an almighty turnaround for a striker in a struggling team

View attachment 68236

So we continue to flounder in mid table obscurity as we lie nearly slap bang in the middle 7 points away from the playoffs and 8 points clear of the relegation places

View attachment 68234

Truro City

View attachment 68107

December 2017

Vanarama South
Truro 3 - 0 St Albans

View attachment 68105

Finally an assured performance with the new tactic, we actually never looked like losing this match and played well throughout rather than having to come from behind or concede a load of late goals

Our bank balance is not looking good and so with that i let Harding go on a mutual termination, he went from being touted as one of my best players to picking up a bad injury to complaining about not getting into the team all in 5 months

View attachment 68101

Vanarama South
Welling 4 - 1 Truro

View attachment 68099

And its back to business as usual with a shocker of a result against Welling, i didnt expect us to get much from them as they are 3rd in the table but 2 very early goals conceded meant the game was over before it had even begun

Richards out for 3 weeks

View attachment 68096

FA Trophy 1st Rnd
Truro 1 - 4 Welling

View attachment 68095

So despite the fact we were at home and had a ton of chances we were 2-0 down again early on this time thanks to conceding a couple of early penalties, we had plenty of chances its just they took theirs

Allen out for 5 weeks

View attachment 68094

Vanarama South
Truro 3 - 0 Gloucester

View attachment 68093

Thats more like it! Neal gets an early goal to put us on the right track but it was a second half brace from Yetton that put the icing on the cake

Vanarama South
Poole 1 - 3 Truro

View attachment 68091

What a game! We both scored goals in the same minute early on before my other two strikers went on and netted to give me another win in the league,

My only outfield signing Racchi has been in fine form recently

View attachment 68089

We might not have moved up many places in the league but things are looking up after 3 wins in the league this month, we are just 5 points of the playoff places whilst relegation looks unlike as we go into the New year 14 points clear of the final place

View attachment 68088

Truro City

View attachment 68083

January 2018

So im pretty sure i just won two games on the bounce and my tactic is finally working well but the media believe i could be fired if i lose the next match!

View attachment 68081

Vanarama South
Truro 2 - 0 Poole

View attachment 68079

So the tactic i found on one of these forums is really coming into its own now, i re-trained all the players too so they will fit in to their roles better and now a couple of months in they are starting to familiarize themselves with their positions more, Neal nets before the break but it was a rare goal from Assistant Manager Todd that sealed the 3 points.

GK Owen out for 6 weeks

View attachment 68076

Vanarama South
Bath 1 - 1 Truro

View attachment 68075

The unbeaten stays alive after they netted early on we spent the rest of the match struggling to break them down before Neal netted a 90th minute equalizer

Thompson our reserve striker out for 5 months

View attachment 68074

I bring in a couple of young loan players for the rest of the season to fill the squad out a little

View attachment 68073View attachment 68072

Vanarama South
Truro 3 - 2 Concord

View attachment 68071

We come from behind with another fine win, Yetton netted a superb Hattrick taking his chances scoring 3 goals from our only 3 shots on target

4 wins and a draw is my best run since i took charge of Truro, to be honest i feel theirs a reckoning coming as all the teams i have faced in recent weeks have been around me in the table so at some point i will have a bunch of the top teams to face

View attachment 68070

Vanarama South
Whitehawk 2 - 4 Truro

View attachment 68069

Yet again it was all about whos strikers took their chances, mine had just 4 shots on target and scored all of them, i dont know if they have just hit a purple patch, its the tactic, they like working together now or they are starting to do well thanks to the re training position wise

6 games Unbeaten

View attachment 68068

The media believe this signing to be a real coup as i bring in centre back Stephane Zubar who used to play for Bournemouth

View attachment 68067

Stephane Zubar - DC

View attachment 68066

Vanarama South
Truro 2 - 0 Havant

View attachment 68065

A couple of quick second half goals seals yet another awesome win, the only downside was Seymour the young striker i just brought in on loan came off the bench then went off injured not long after

Seymour out for 7 weeks

View attachment 68064

All of my strikers are playing well at the moment but Neal seems to be scoring nearly every game

View attachment 68063

Your eyes are not deceiving you we are in the Playoff places! Not only that we are up in 5th place 3 points deep into the Playoff spots, im not even going to talk about how far from the relegation spots we are as that is a non entity now

View attachment 68062

Truro City

View attachment 67984

February 2018

We let AMC Lamont move on a free transfer after he was complaining about lack of game time and i wanted to free up some wages

View attachment 67983

Vanarama South Truro 2 - 2 Wealdstone

View attachment 67982

They had a man sent off in the first half but the game didnt really jump into life until the last 20 odd minutes, Neal scored in the 73rd minute before they equalized 1 minute later, they then went on to go ahead but it was our turn to come back with Harvey netting a very late goal

I sign Jake Watkins a young striker who previously played for Cardiff's youth teams

View attachment 67981

Jake Watkins - ST

View attachment 67980

Vanarama South
Truro 4 - 2 Oxford City

View attachment 67979

What a near perfect performance from Tyler Harvey as he smashes in 4 goals, wins the Man of the match award but can only manage a 9.9 rating, he still wont sign a new deal, the only chance we have of keeping him i feel is if we get promoted

Vanarama South
Dartford 2 - 3 Truro

View attachment 67978

This was a huge result and shows how far we have come, Dartford are 3rd in the league so this was our biggest test since Christmas and we did amazing, We were 2-0 down inside the opening few minutes but Neal netted twice to bring us level, it was then the job of Watkins to come off the bench and net a late winner!

Watkins will be needed even more now that Yetton is out injured

View attachment 67977

Tyler Harvey Wins Player of the Month

View attachment 67976

We are currently in 6th place 7 points clear of 8th place and being out of the Playoff places, their are currently 10 games left to go this season and i have to feel that since the new tactic is working well and the couple of new signings fitting in nicely i must be aiming for a Playoff place to end a mighty turnaround.

View attachment 67975

Truro City

View attachment 67954

March 2018

Heres my best Youth intake player, none of them are up to much to be honest, i was hoping for one or two to go straight into the first team squad with having such a small team, a lot of them have been moved up to the under 23's after my assistant manager recommended it

View attachment 67953

Vanarama South
Truro 5 - 3 Hungerford

View attachment 67952

Racchi pulled the strings in midfield with a fine display whilst other free transfer Watkins netted to, their were plenty of goals but we were never in trouble of losing this one, winning at one point 4-1 before a crazy last 20 minutes

At just 25 years old central midfielder Cooke is closing in on the league appearance record

View attachment 67951

Vanarama South
St Albans 1 - 2 Truro

View attachment 67950

Lady luck seems to finally be on our sides in recent weeks as our centre back Gerring nets a last minute winner

Vanarama South
Truro 2 - 3 Chelmsford

View attachment 67949

Heartbreak against the league leaders, we came from behind as their was 3 goals in 8 minutes but they then equalized late on which was bad enough but then my on loan RB netted a late own goal and our unbeaten run was over.

Zubar has been doing well since joining in January but is now set to miss the rest of the season

View attachment 67948

Vanarama South
Eastbourne 2 - 1 Truro

View attachment 67947

Gutting result, i could take losing to top of the table Chelmsford but Eastbourne are 22nd in the league and after our upturn in form should have been an easy win maybe the bubble has burst

Vanarama South
Truro 3 - 0 Hemel Hempstead

View attachment 67946

A much better end to the month with a comfortable 3-0 win as we get back on track after the back to back losses.

Racchi wins Player of the Month

View attachment 67945

Still in 5th place with just 5 games to go now we are still 6 points into the Playoff places and we are now guaranteed to finish at least 13th

View attachment 67944

Truro FC

View attachment 67863

April 2018 - Part 1

Vanarama South
WSM 2 - 4 Truro

View attachment 67862

Another fantastic away performance but it definitely seems to be a case of score one more than them as we seem to concede silly goals after scoring ourselves

Cody Cooke sets a new record for most league appearances for Truro

View attachment 67861

I sign a new 1 year contract extension

View attachment 67860

Vanarama South
Truro 3 - East Thurrock 1

View attachment 67859

Well it was a good win in the end as we just about beat relegation fodder East Thurrock, Racchi netted first before we got a late second from on own goal, our on loan RB Hodges then netted a third before they got a consolation in a crazy 3 minutes

Vanarama South
Chippenham 3 - 3 Truro

View attachment 67858

This looked like another fantastic away performance before they got a very very late penalty in injury time

Chelmsford win the Vanarama South

View attachment 67857

After an indifferent start to the season as we struggled with a tactic and form and a little bit of luck we manage to secure a Play off place with 2 games to spare now its all about where we end up in the Playoff places

View attachment 67856

Truro FC

View attachment 67732

April/May 2018

Vanarama South
Truro 2 - 1 Braintree

View attachment 67731

A huge win against Braintree one of the top teams in the league as our end of season form shows we should be gunning for Promotion when the Playoffs come around

Vanarama South
Hampton 4 - 5 Truro

View attachment 67730

Our score one more than the other side philosophy continues to pay off whilst Tyler Harvey smashed in 4 goals himself, he is still refusing to even talk about a new deal and unless we get promoted i can see him leaving

We finish in 5th only a point off 3rd which could be pivotal after we have to play an extra game before making it to the Semi Finals of the Playoffs. The fact that we predicted to finish 10th though and spent a good chunk of the season before Christmas even lower shows the new tactic worked wonders and i should be proud of our 5th place

View attachment 67729

So we literally face the team Hampton we just beat with the winning moving on to face Braintree the other team we just beat so for us that draw couldnt have gone any better

View attachment 67728

Vanarama South Playoff 1st rnd
Truro 3 - 0 Hampton

View attachment 67727

A much more assured performance as we took our chances and move onto the Semi Finals the only downside was Cooke getting sent off late on.

Our record attendance was broken in this match by well over 200 people

View attachment 67726

Despite the fact Braintree finished higher than us in the league we are considered favourites due to recent form

View attachment 67725

Vanarama South Playoffs Semi Finals
Braintree 1 - 0 Truro

View attachment 67724

So the Promotion dream is over for at least this season, a terrible match from both sides perspective but they got the late goal and move onto the Finals, we will hopefully pick ourselves up for next season where i hope our form will continue and we can push to better things, the downside is the bank balance is not looking good and our best player Harvey is likely to leave for free

Truro City

View attachment 67669

May - End of Season 2018

One of the main reasons while i feel we struggled against Braintree in the Semi Finals is that Watkins has struggled for goalscoring form not scoring 10 games

View attachment 67668

It doesnt bode well for us that Tyler Harvey won Fans Player of the Season, Goal of the Season and Young Player of the Season yet is refusing a new deal and will be gone in the summer

View attachment 67667

Our moment of the season was when we won my very first game back in September, i really thought it would be one of those matches we won closer to the end of the season when we were in good form

View attachment 67666

Braintree our conquerors went and lost to Dartford in the Finals of the Vanarama South Playoffs

View attachment 67665

Squad in Order of Most Appearances

View attachment 67664View attachment 67663

Despite the fact we our set to lose Harvey we should be in for a better season next year with playing our better tactic from the start im hoping for at least the Playoffs again next season the likes of Yetton and Neal have scored a load of goals too so hopefully we should carry on from this season

Top Goalscorer - Andrew Neal - 34 Goals

View attachment 67662

Best Player - Tyler Harvey - 26 Goals and 10 Assists

View attachment 67661

So for next season i have no transfer budget and my wage budget is what i currently spend so until Harvey leaves i cant bring anyone else in, im going to hopefully bring in a few loan signings on no wages from the other clubs

View attachment 67660

Despite just bringing in 3 players on free transfers last year for hardly any wages we lossed a massive 140k last season

View attachment 67659

Truro City

View attachment 67644

June/July 2018 - Pre-Season

So our best player Tyler Harvey leaves on a free transfer after his contract ends, along with that our 3 loan players go back to their clubs after not impressing enough for me to want them to stay

View attachment 67641

To be fair Harvey goes on to join Wycombe for double his money and 2 leagues higher

View attachment 67637

Ouch CB Jamie Richards is out for 8 months with a broken leg!

View attachment 67635

My first signing of the window is a backup Striker, im not really able to go for players that are going to come straight into the first team so will be going for younger players on free transfers who are paid only by appearances to fill my small squad out

First up is Alex Battle who is a former Plymouth Argyle youth player

View attachment 67627

With Richards out for most of the season already another cb Zubar just coming back from a bad injury and Assistant Manager Todd now 37 and injured i had to bring in a couple of youthful centre backs

Matt Swann - DC another youth player from Bristol Rovers this time on only appearance money

View attachment 67624

Bradley Cherett - DC - A former Yeovil youth player

View attachment 67623

When my side came back from their Summer break i said i was looking for us to reach the Playoffs again and they got mad! Saying i should be looking for the Title and nothing less yet the Media believe we will finish 10th which is no different to what they thought last season despite coming 5th, they believe Welling will go on to win the league whilst thinking all 4 newly promoted clubs will stay in the league

View attachment 67622

James Carey a youth GK from Championship side Bristol City joins the club again on an appearance only contract

View attachment 67621

Aaron Taylor a central midfielder from Plymouth looks the best of my free transfers as i add much needed youth and depth to my side

View attachment 67620

Neal is 4th favourite for the Tin Boot

View attachment 67619

We played a load of friendlies the first several were for making some money as our bank balance was minus 170k and is now around - 130k after some money spinning ties, we have then had 3 games against local sides for us to dominate

View attachment 67618

Next month is very busy with 2 more friendlies then 5 league matches

Truro FC

View attachment 67590

August 2018

A win and then a loss end our Pre-Season friendlies

View attachment 67589

Battle and Cherett are the new signings that start the first game of the season

View attachment 67588

Vanarama South
Truro 3 - 2 Concord

View attachment 67565

A wins a win but boy were we lucky! 2-0 up inside half an hour but they came back into it in the second half and it took our all time league appearance holder Cooke to net a 90th minute winner

2 extra season ticket holders to take it up to 77 !

View attachment 67564

Vanarama South
Hemel Hempstead 0 - 1 Truro

View attachment 67563

Another late winner to seal all 3 points this time it was Neal who grabbed a 92nd minute poachers effort

Vanarama South
Truro 4 - 1 WSM

View attachment 67562

They got a mere consolation after we dominated the tie with Cooke in fine form again netting a brace whilst Battle got his first goal for the club

Vanarama South
Hungerford 2 - 0 Truro

View attachment 67561

First loss of the season against Hungerford and a poor performance to boot

Vanarama South
Truro 3 - 1 Wealdstone

View attachment 67560

Another good win with Racchi netting again after Gerring netted the opener and Watkins scored hopefully after a poor run of not scoring for months lets hope Watkins has turned a corner

30 year old Racchi is my player of the month with 2 goals and 2 assists in 5 games

View attachment 67559

5th place despite a good start of 4 wins from 5 games but unfortunately 4 other teams have got the same points as us to

View attachment 67558

Truro City

View attachment 67512

September 2018

Vanarama South
Hereford 3 - 4 Truro

View attachment 67511

Our score one more than you attitude is in full flow now as we concede 3 goals but net 4 including Watkins netting a 92nd minute winner

Zubar out for 6 weeks

View attachment 67510

I bring in another youngster this time a striker, the thing with playing 3 strikers is you need 6 to be able to rotate and accommodate injuries

View attachment 67509

Vanarama South
Poole 2 - 4 Truro

View attachment 67508

I managed to unlock the steam achievement Comeback King after this match as we come from 2-0 down in the first half to smash 4 past them in the second but another CB did go off injured

Another centre back out with concussion

View attachment 67507

We draw Leatherhead in the FA Cup 2nd qualifying rnd

View attachment 67506

Vanarama South
Truro 3 - 5 Braintree

View attachment 67505

For once we are unfortunately on the wrong side of a highscoring game with Braintree showing to be our achilles heel after they knocked us out of the Playoffs last season

Vanarama South
Truro 2 - 2 Bromley

View attachment 67504

This was a really bad result as we were expected to win this game and were up 2-0 at half time, they quickly netted a brace after the break and then hung on until the final whistle

Another centre back injured meaning i now have 4 out injured!

View attachment 67503

FA Cup 2nd Qualfying rnd
Truro 3 - 2 Leatherhead

View attachment 67502

Against lower league opposition we made very hard work of this cup tie and it was worrying that we conceded twice but my back 3 centre backs are all teenagers after so many injuries

We face Brackley who are in the Vanarama North in the FA Cup 3rd Qualfying rnd

View attachment 67501

Vanarama South
Bognor Regis 1 - 3 Truro

View attachment 67500

Thats more like it but Bognor Regis are one of the newly promoted teams so i expected us to win this game and despite our injuries in defence we looked assured in our performance

Vanarama South
St Albans 3 - 0 Truro

View attachment 67499

An absolute shocker of a result as St Albans are near the bottom of the table but they didnt show that today as they smashed 3 goals past us and we only had one shot on target

Cody Cooke is my player of the month with 4 goals and 4 assists in just 11 games

View attachment 67498

4th place in the league just a point of second place but WSM are top 5 points clear of us and we even beat them early on in the season so surely we can push them all the way this season

View attachment 67497

Well i was hoping to put up a couple of more updates this morning but my screenshots are not uploading, boo hopefully they will work tonight