Leading Truro City to the Premier League

Truro City

View attachment 65634

January 2020

Vanarama National
Guiseley 0 - 0 Truro

View attachment 65633

So we start the New Year with a bore draw hope this performance is not a sign of things to come in the year ahead

Vanarama National
Gateshead 2 - 3 Truro

View attachment 65632

This was a huge win against a 6th place side in the league, we were 3-0 up and cruising but almost threw it all away with a couple of late goals let in

Vanarama National
Truro 3 - 2 Salford

View attachment 65631

Another 3-1 win as we do the double over Salford one of the teams we came into this league with this season

FA Trophy 2nd rnd
Truro 3 - 2 Barrow

View attachment 65630

Neal has finally started to get into this season with some big important goals including this last gasp winner which knocked Barrow the current holders of this Trophy out of the competition

We face FC United in the 3rd rnd

View attachment 65629

Vanarama National
Truro 1 - 0 Dartford

View attachment 65628

Yeah we finally win a match without conceding a couple of goals in the process with Watkins netting the only goal of the game in a near perfect month

As you can see as the squad has moved up the league and better players have come into the side Neal is no longer considered the best player like when i joined but he has got some good goals recently

View attachment 65627

After that near perfect month with just the draw at the start of the month and the rest wins we are flying high in 6th place! We are 4 points deep in the Playoffs too

View attachment 65626

Good to see Welling holding their own after promotion as well

Good to see Welling holding their own after promotion as well
Yes mate all 4 promoted teams are not doing too bad with Salford and FC United just about out of the relegation zone too

Truro City

View attachment 65320

February 2020

Vanarama National
Leyton Orient 3 - 0 Truro

View attachment 65319

A tough start to the month as we face the runaway league leaders Orient who duly smash us around the pitch, this could be a make or break month with the Playoffs as we still have to face Ebbsfleet and York meaning we will face all of the top 3 this month

Battle was smashing them in at the beginning of the season and the Top Goalscorer in the whole league but has now gone 9 hours without a goal

View attachment 65318

Along with Jamie Richards who got sent off 3 more of my back 5 are set to miss a couple of matches through suspension

View attachment 65317

Look at that! 4 of my main back 5 are out with suspension for the next 2 games!

View attachment 65316

FA Trophy 3rd rnd
Truro 5 - 3 FC United

View attachment 65315

Whilst Battle's goalscoring form has trailed off Neal's has picked up as he nets a Hattrick including the fastest goal since i took charge

Vanarama National
Truro 3 - 2 Ebbsfleet

View attachment 65314

What a win as we come from 2-0 down to win this one despite them having the majority of the chances, Battle even managed to break his goalless streak as we beat one of the best teams in the league

We face Newport County in the FA Trophy 4th rnd

View attachment 65313

Vanarama National
FC United 0 - 1 Truro

View attachment 65312

It took something special to decide this game and Cooke delivered with an awesome strike as we grind out another key 3 points

Vanarama National
Maidstone 2 - 3 Truro

View attachment 65311

Battle gets another key goal this month this time a 90th minute winner against one of the clubs struggling in the relegation places

Vanarama National
Truro 1 - 2 York

View attachment 65310

York come from behind to beat us as we see that despite our upturn in form in recent months we dont yet quite have the quality to match up to the top couple of sides in the league

We have our very own Golden Generation come through the youth intake

View attachment 65309

Central Midfielder Stevenson is seen as the best prospect

View attachment 65308

Although i think striker John Peacock looks like he could come straight into the first team squad

View attachment 65307

Now thats what i call a Youth Intake

View attachment 65306

FA Trophy 4th rnd
Truro 3 - 2 Newport

View attachment 65305

We come from 2-0 down as Watkins nets a second half 11 minute Hattrick to send us through to the semi finals and now the Trophy is certainly in our sights

Watkins not only has been a goalscoring force with 18 goals he has created 17 goals for his teammates too

View attachment 65304

Flying high in 5th place, the Playoffs look all but secured but now its all about making sure we get as high as we can so we dont play as many playoff matches, look at that Dartford result too they smashed 8 goals past relegation rivals and our local rivals Torquay

View attachment 65303

Truro City

View attachment 65219

March 2020

We will face Fylde who are in the league below in a 2 legged Semi Final in the FA Trophy

View attachment 65218

Vanarama National
Truro 1 - 1 Torquay

View attachment 65217

Youth intake striker John Peacock literally scored with his first touch of the ball whilst Torquay despite being relegation threatened played well and managed to grab a late equalizer

Peacock and Sheppard make their Professional debuts

View attachment 65216

Vanarama National
Eastleigh 3 - 4 Truro

View attachment 65215

Peacock came off after not doing as well in this game but he did get an assist, Wing Back Sheppard did get another game and even scored this time in a solid win!

After 15 yellow cards Calum Rose has a 3 match ban!

View attachment 65214

I complete my National B licence

View attachment 65213

Vanarama National
Tranmere 4 - 2 Truro

View attachment 65212

This was a shocker of a performance and really could be damaging in where we end up in the league this season with Tranmere right next to us in the league standings

Vanarama National
Truro 1 - 0 Aldershot

View attachment 65211

Battle nets the only goal of the game near the end of the match to get us back to winning ways and all 3 points

FA Trophy Semi Final 1st Leg
Truro 1 - 1 Fylde

View attachment 65210

Watkins saved our blushes late on after a poor result against a side not doing a lot in the league below us, its all to play for in the 2nd leg

Vanarama National
Truro 2 - 1 Wrexham

View attachment 65209

We come from behind with Youth intake striker Peacock netting a good equalizer before forgotten man Lolos netted a late winner

FA Trophy Semi Final 2nd leg
Fylde 2 - 3 Truro

View attachment 65208

What a beauty of a come from behind win! They scored twice in a minute before we came back into the match with 3 goals all before half an hour had gone

Truro City are going to Wembley

View attachment 65207

We should be considered favourites for the FA Trophy as we face Eastleigh in the final who are currently struggling in this league, we have only beaten them once in the 4 times i have faced them though

View attachment 65206

Vanarama National
Welling 1 - 2 Truro

View attachment 65205

Watkins netted early on before i thought they had stolen a very late point with an 83rd minute goal but Watkins popped up again just 2 minutes later to win us the match

Watkins has scored some hugely important goals this month and is not only a goalscorer but also provider of goals

View attachment 65204

Its getting close up near the top, Leyton Orient have all but won the league but everything below that is very much up for grabs, 2nd or 3rd has to be our aim as they play one less Playoff game if its the same rules as the league below, we are on equal points as 3rd placed York but they do have a game in hand

View attachment 65203

A day out at Wembley and the playoffs to look forward to.....Wishing you all the best for the end to what looks like a great season so far!

A day out at Wembley and the playoffs to look forward to.....Wishing you all the best for the end to what looks like a great season so far!
Thanks mate, gone better than i could have ever hoped for so far, im pessimistic about the playoffs though as we do struggle against the top teams in the league

Truro City

View attachment 65202

April 2020

Vanarama National
Kidderminster 2 - 1 Truro

View attachment 65201

A poor result against one of the teams looking to climb into the Playoff places as Wynter-Coles nets in between two goal for them including a late winner

Vanarama National
Truro 1 - 1 Notts County

View attachment 65200

They score very early whilst we need Watkins to net a last gasp equalizer despite the fact they are bottom of the league we were largely outplayed

Vanarama National
Truro 3 - 1 Barrow

View attachment 65199

Wynter-Coles grabs a brace in a much better all round performance

Along with Wrexham and Barrow who we just beat we have secured a Playoff place at least

View attachment 65198

Vanarama National
Newport County 0 - 2 Truro

View attachment 65197

Centre back Richards not only puts on a suprise man of the match display he even nets a goal too! Watkins netted the second goal late on

Ouch Jamie Richards is set to miss the last few weeks of the season

View attachment 65196

Watkins just seems to be constantly amongst the goals at the moment with now 27 goals for the season including 3 more this month

View attachment 65195

1 point behind York in 3rd place with just the one game left of the normal season, if we get that 3rd place spot it means one less Playoff match and a better draw for us

View attachment 65194

Truro City

View attachment 65073

May 2020

Vanarama National
Halifax 1 - 2 Truro

View attachment 65072

A good come from behind win ends the normal league season with Watkins netting an equalizer right before the break and they then scored a last gasp own goal

Wynter-Coles out for 9 weeks!

View attachment 65071

York only just about ****** a draw with lowly Notts County meaning we just about sneak into 3rd place! We were equal with 2nd place but that doesnt mean much

View attachment 65070

Not only did we reach 3rd and make the Playoffs our closest rivals Torquay have just been relegated!

View attachment 65069

Beating York into 3rd place means we have one less Playoff match to win, Salford were one of the teams to come up with us this season to show we were not the only surprise package

View attachment 65068

Barrow beat Wrexham and York beat Salford to make the Semi Finals

View attachment 65067

Vanarama National Semi Final Playoff
Truro 5 - 5 Barrow
Truro win 11-10 on penalties

View attachment 65066

What a crazy match! Neal put us ahead before we went 4-1 down at one point then Watkins netted a second half Hattrick including a 93rd minute equalizer to take us into extra time.
We then conceded early into extra time before Battle this time cropped up with a last gasp equalizer deep into injury time of extra time!
It then went all the way in the penalties with every player in the side taking a penalty before their Keeper missed the final penalty to see us through!

We shall face Ebbsfleet in the Playoff Finals

View attachment 65065

Its pretty even in the matches we have played against Ebbsfleet before with a win and a loss each

View attachment 65064

Neal ends his goalscoring drought at the perfect time!

View attachment 65063

Vanarama National Playoff Final
Ebbsfleet 2 - 2 Truro
Truro win 4-3 on Penalties

View attachment 65062

Yes we did it! We are like the Germans in our Penalty winning abilities! We were winning this match for nearly the entire second half before we conceded a 91st minute injury time equalizer and i almost threw my laptop across the room, as you can see from the stats they had plenty of chances and we just about clung on til penalties and secured Promotion!

League 2 here we come!

View attachment 65061

Truro Promoted

View attachment 65060

3rd place in the Vanarama National is a new High for us

View attachment 65061

FA Trophy Final
Truro 2 - 1 Eastleigh

View attachment 65059

What a close hard fought win! Watkins nets early on before they quickly equalize, it was youth intake John Peacock who came off the bench to net an 87th minute winner!

In 3 seasons we have achieved 2 Promotions and 2 Trophies

View attachment 65058

What a season....football league here we come!
Thanks mate, was a bit of a surprise to be honest, just started the first few matches in league 2 and im struggling, just hoping to stay in the league, got sinusitis at the moment so on antibiotics and hoping for plenty of football manager today whilst i sit and watch soccer saturday and the rugby later!

Thanks mate, was a bit of a surprise to be honest, just started the first few matches in league 2 and im struggling, just hoping to stay in the league, got sinusitis at the moment so on antibiotics and hoping for plenty of football manager today whilst i sit and watch soccer saturday and the rugby later!

Hope you feel better soon pal! League Two is likely to be a huge struggle for you this season after such quick promotions to the football league. Hopefully, you can survive and then build on the squad next year. You've had very quick success up until now, but likely it may take you a good 3-4 seasons before you see another promotion.

Out of interest, would you take another job as there must be higher ranked teams after you by now! Or are you determined to see it out with Truro (as your story title suggests).

Hope you feel better soon pal! League Two is likely to be a huge struggle for you this season after such quick promotions to the football league. Hopefully, you can survive and then build on the squad next year. You've had very quick success up until now, but likely it may take you a good 3-4 seasons before you see another promotion.

Out of interest, would you take another job as there must be higher ranked teams after you by now! Or are you determined to see it out with Truro (as your story title suggests).
Yes i think its going to be a struggle this year but my team is young and i need to just build the fanbase and make some money get the facilities upgraded, this is why a lower league save so much to achieve than just winning matches, yes my first aim was to get to the football league in 5 seasons and i managed it in 3 so im pretty chuffed, im going to try and stay with Truro but it may be out of my hands, most of my team are in bad moods at the moment despite just being a few games into the new season

Yes i think its going to be a struggle this year but my team is young and i need to just build the fanbase and make some money get the facilities upgraded, this is why a lower league save so much to achieve than just winning matches, yes my first aim was to get to the football league in 5 seasons and i managed it in 3 so im pretty chuffed, im going to try and stay with Truro but it may be out of my hands, most of my team are in bad moods at the moment despite just being a few games into the new season

It's always frustrating when that happens. To be fair, the lads should just be on a high and enjoying the ride this season after massively overachieving over the past 3 seasons. Always annoying when they all get the ump when their losing after just being promoted....I mean what do these players expect?!

Truro City

View attachment 65021

May 2020 - End of Season

Squad in Order of Most Appearances

View attachment 65020View attachment 65019

My Best 3 Players

Top Goalscorer - Jake Watkins - 32 Goals and 21 Assists

View attachment 65018

Alex Battle was not far behind, despite a dip in form during the Christmas period he still managed 28 goals and 22 assists

View attachment 65017

Cody Cooke is Club Captain, Record League Appearance Maker and still one of our best players at the grand age of 27 with 7 goals and 14 assists

View attachment 65016

I Win Manager of the Year!

View attachment 65015

When it came up about my Best Eleven Ever i was shocked to see that one time best player Tyler Harvey has now retired at the grand age of 25, i dont know what happened their!

View attachment 65014

Cody Cooke has made the most appearances for my side with 159 matches whilst Palfrey our right wing back is in 2nd, Neal is still our top scorer with 86 goals

View attachment 65013

Centre back Clinton wins the signing of the season award whilst striker Watkins wins Fan Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year

View attachment 65012

The board are set to spend 85k on the Youth facilities, a big chunk of our bank balance gone but a good necessity to push the club on

View attachment 65011

A loan is taken out as we need to spend 750k on a Stadium expansion for the league to allow us into League 2 despite the fact we get less than a 1000 people at the moment

View attachment 65010

We have to start paying back the bank loan immediately

View attachment 65009

We sign an agreement that Fleetwood will be our Senior affiliate

View attachment 65008

Just as we join League 2 Plymouth my main rivals in this save get promoted into league 1, So we are currently above Torquay whilst Yeovil are in the same league as us now Exeter, Bristol Rovers and Plymouth are in the league above whilst Bristol City are currently the top South West team to conquer!

View attachment 65007

So the next aim for the save is hopefully survive League 2 and give it a go in the Cup Competitions

It's always frustrating when that happens. To be fair, the lads should just be on a high and enjoying the ride this season after massively overachieving over the past 3 seasons. Always annoying when they all get the ump when their losing after just being promoted....I mean what do these players expect?!
I know i would like to think i had a sort of Sean Dyche invincibility where i could get relegated this year and still say with the side

Truro City

View attachment 65006

June/July 2020 - Pre-Season

Second choice keeper Gareth Owen leaves the club after signing a proper contract with Gillingham

View attachment 65005

My first piece of business is bringing in a backup keeper to replace Owen in the form of another former Plymouth player in Max Childs

View attachment 65004

So we have no extra wage budget and no transfer budget at all to try and stay in League 2

View attachment 65003

We get 315k for the upcoming seasons TV rights in league 2

View attachment 65002

We finally turn Professional at the start of my 4th season with the club

View attachment 65001

I sign a 1 year contract extension

View attachment 65000

Our first foray into the Carabao Cup is to face Colchester from the league above

View attachment 64999

Next free transfer is centre back Lucas Murray who joins on a free transfer from Newport County

View attachment 64998

old centre back Zubar retires after a couple of injury hit seasons

View attachment 64997

17 people leave the club after not signing new deals including my first ever signing central midfielder Racchi and our one time first choice LB Riley-Lowe whilst Jamie Richards has been playing for us last season a fair bit but just wanted too much money

View attachment 64996

I signed 3 quality players from WSM who i thought had come on free transfers but due to their ages i guess cost me 28k! These 3 have got me excited for the new season though

Matt Roberts - Striker - He has got 44 goals in two seasons for WSM whilst he is a former Swansea prospect

View attachment 64995

Charlie Kendall - Striker - He also scored 41 goals for WSM whilst he is a former Bournemouth youth player

View attachment 64994

And finally GK Alfie Whiteman is a class above anything i have had in that position before, hes a former Tottenham youth prospect but WSM must be jumping that my scout checked them out!!!

View attachment 64993

Just thought i would show how young my squad is ! Our starting 11 for the first game of the season has an average age of just over 21 years of age! Our central midfield makes us older with them both in their mid twenties whilst wing back Sheppard at just 16 brings it back down

View attachment 64992

Dean Winnard has been playing League 2 football last season and adds a bit of depth and versatility to the squad and a bit of experience too

View attachment 64991

With our big spend of 28k we are the biggest spenders in the league after our 3 big acquisitions, whilst we are still considered the most likeliest to get relegated this season, our only saving grace is their are only 2 relegation spots in league 2 so 22nd place is good enough for us,
I would also like to point out that the two players that cost us money are seen as our two key players this season

View attachment 64989

Checkatrade Trophy is another new competition for us and looks tough as we face two teams in the league above us and Chelsea youth side

View attachment 64988

Battle set to miss the start of the season

View attachment 64987

One time Liverpool youth player Jordan Lussey joins our central midfield and again adds a bit of experience for this league

View attachment 64986

Watkins out injured, so thats both of my top two scorers from last season set to miss the start of the season

View attachment 64985

4 new signings straight into the starting 11 whilst 2 more make the bench in the first game of the new season

View attachment 64984

Truro City

View attachment 64982

August 2020

League 2
Mansfield 5 - 4 Truro

View attachment 64981

What a ****** well to start life in League 2! We scored 4 goals but still lost! Kendall up top didnt score but set up 3 goals for us in a back and forth game that had an own goal a piece and plenty of missed chances!

Copp out for 6 weeks

View attachment 64980

6 new signings make their debuts

View attachment 64979

265 season tickets sold a rise of 111 season tickets from last season

View attachment 64978

Carabao Cup 1st rnd
Truro 1 - 3 Colchester

View attachment 64977

It was all equal coming into half time after Roberts had netted an equalizer, they netted a late winner before one of our subs got sent off and they netted a third not long after

Record Breakers Truro!
Lowest attendance in a Carabao Cup match ever lol

View attachment 64976

League 2
Truro 3 - 6 Port Vale

View attachment 64975

Another highscoring defeat with Telford smashing in 4 goals for them whilst we had Kendall net his first couple of goals for us,

League 2
Gillingham 5 - 2 Truro

View attachment 64973

Another highscoring defeat, our strikers seem to be enjoying the league but our defenders are showing i need to bring in some fresh blood

Lussey out for 4 weeks

View attachment 64972

League 2
Truro 5 - 2 Wycombe

View attachment 64971

We are finally on the right side of one of these highscoring games with my strikers and midfield linking up well with the goals spread out throughout the team

Another broken record this time with the lowest attendance in league 2 ever with just 981 in attendance, take into account Gillingham who we faced in the game before had nearly 5,000

View attachment 64970

League 2
Rochdale 6 - 4 Truro

View attachment 64969

We score 4 goals for the second time this season and lose both of those matches! We were 2-0 up at one point but fell apart later in the game

Despite our poor start Kendall has 3 goals and 6 assists already this season

View attachment 64968

18 goals scored compared to 24 conceded shows that we love a highscoring game but it wont help us stay in the league, with that one win though we are out of the relegation places which is enough for us

View attachment 64967

Possibly the most entertaining team in English football this season? Guaranteed a shed load of goals if you go down to watch Truro! Lol

Possibly the most entertaining team in English football this season? Guaranteed a shed load of goals if you go down to watch Truro! Lol
Definitely been some good matches to watch so far, although i have watched some of them behind a cushion as i watch our shocking defending!