Leading Truro City to the Premier League

What leagues next to England did you load in your game?

Check up on this story daily. Great read and fantastic achievements so far. Keep up the good work and hopefully this season you can get some silverware!

Agreed, this is a superb read.

I thought I was doing well to get Cambridge to the Championship on FM17, amateur stuff compared to this.

Keep it up, Premier League and Champions League trophies are on their way!
Thanks for the comments guys, really gears me up to carry on the save, im hoping for a better cup run this year and to at least give Man Utd a fight in the league

Check up on this story daily. Great read and fantastic achievements so far. Keep up the good work and hopefully this season you can get some silverware!

What leagues next to England did you load in your game?
I have only loaded all the available leagues in England to start with and then when i got to the Premier League i removed the lower leagues up to league 1, my laptop is not very good so i cant really have too many leagues

Truro/England

View attachment 42061

August 2031 - Pre-Season

Our new signing Theo Hernandez is set to play in Ben Woodburn's Liverpool Testimonial

View attachment 42060

Woodburn has spent his entire career at Liverpool playing a big part for his country Wales over the last decade too but 240 league games doesnt seem like that many in 12 years and the fact he has only one goal less for Wales than Liverpool is incredible

View attachment 42059

Of course back to back second place finishes would mean the Media believe we will finish 12th, i do think this is more based on the reputations of clubs as we are currently 14th reputation wise in England

View attachment 42058

We have played all the big guns in Spain in our friendlies, losing to At Madrid but we did manage to beat Real Madrid and Barcelona!

View attachment 42057

Allan is tipped to be the Top Goalscorer in the Premier League this season after winning it last year

View attachment 42056

Centre back Bedeau joins Swansea for 180k

View attachment 42055

Man City go nuts this window spending over £200Million! Real Madrid lose two star players one each to the Manchester clubs

View attachment 42054

£90Million Striker Jimenez to Man Utd is the biggest deal of the window

View attachment 42053

Nothing is expected off us again this season get past a couple of rounds in the cups, we dont even have to make it out of the group stages in the Champions League and a top half finish and the board will be happy! Where is the confidence! Im hoping for at least another top 4 finish and going for cup glory!

View attachment 42052

Starting 11 and Tactic to start the new season

View attachment 42051

Have to do a sneak peak on how the season started!

Premier League
Truro 7 - 1 Man City!

View attachment 42050

Allan smashed in a Hattrick but Cleyton just had to go even better smashing in a Hattrick and a Hattrick of Assists

View attachment 42049

England/Truro

View attachment 41809

August - 2031

4 new signings make their debuts

View attachment 41808

Bit of a difference in the level of clubs from when we last broke our biggest win record going from beating Leyton Orient 6-0 to beating Man City 7-1!

View attachment 41807

Nearly 3,000 season ticket holders extra from last season

View attachment 41806

In the end i do a bit of negotiating and get Cleyton to sign a 77k a weak, 5 year deal!

View attachment 41805

Douglas Alan out for 6 weeks

View attachment 41804

Premier League
Newcastle 3 - 3 Truro

View attachment 41803

Allan smashes in another Hattrick but our defence has a poor showing conceding 3 goals ourselves and have to settle for a draw

First choice Keeper and Winger set to miss the next England squad through injury

View attachment 41802

We face Huddersfield in the Carabao Cup 3rd rnd

View attachment 41801

A very interesting Champions League draw getting Sevilla, Zenit and Club Brugge, with that sort of draw we have to aiming for the knockout stages again

View attachment 41800

Premier League
Tottenham 0 - 0 Truro

View attachment 41799

Another draw this time a bore

Allan wins the Player of the Month after 2 Hattricks in 3 games

View attachment 41798

8th place at the moment, not too happy with the start after smashing 7 past Man City i really thought we would kick on not draw with Newcastle

View attachment 41797

Just hit 600 likes, thanks for the support guys this must be the most followed save i have done now and i feel like i have done a fair few over the years!

Just skimmed my way through this and wow you've done fantastically. Very good read, will try and go through in more depth when I have the time. Great to see you've made the Prem and held your own - fantastic effort smashing 7 past City!

Just skimmed my way through this and wow you've done fantastically. Very good read, will try and go through in more depth when I have the time. Great to see you've made the Prem and held your own - fantastic effort smashing 7 past City!
Thanks mate, the best i have ever done with a save, been on holiday this week so havent been able to update, i expect on tuesday when im back home i will bash out a few more whilst catching up on the football

Are you using plug and play tactics or custom? Great read.

I'm also doing a Truro save - finished mid table 1st season aiming for promotion is the 2nd season - any tips / advice would be appreciated. :)

Starting to realise how powerful your tactic is! After several seasons in the Prem slowly working my way up the table using a 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-1-2, I decided to change to 5-1-1-3 (CB, WB, MC, AMC, ST) (I had to change to an AMC instead of 2 MC's due to my AMC being a youth intake from many years ago that made it into the England Squad (I may also be the England Manager but in my defense, he does match Dele Alli's ability)). The difference has been significant. I owe you my current 1st position in the table with 7 points clear in December. Mind you, Liverpool have massively dropped down the pecking order sitting in 17th.
Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Are you using plug and play tactics or custom? Great read.

I'm also doing a Truro save - finished mid table 1st season aiming for promotion is the 2nd season - any tips / advice would be appreciated. :)
Yes its a tactic i downloaded but that was back when i started the save like 7 months ago so really cant remember, i would say my biggest thing was try not to sign anyone to a long term contract because your best player one season could be surplus 2 seasons later and have a big contract lasting 2 more years i have been burnt this way
Starting to realise how powerful your tactic is! After several seasons in the Prem slowly working my way up the table using a 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-1-2, I decided to change to 5-1-1-3 (CB, WB, MC, AMC, ST) (I had to change to an AMC instead of 2 MC's due to my AMC being a youth intake from many years ago that made it into the England Squad (I may also be the England Manager but in my defense, he does match Dele Alli's ability)). The difference has been significant. I owe you my current 1st position in the table with 7 points clear in December. Mind you, Liverpool have massively dropped down the pecking order sitting in 17th.
Keep up the good work!

Thanks mate i have tweaked it ever so slightly but i downloaded it from the tactics page here, i really cant remember the name off the top of my head as it was so long ago thanks

Im starting to lose interest in the save, im around January right now and if we end another season without a trophy i think i may call it quits, want to play an easier save for a bit before the next FM, i have only played as Man Utd for 3 weeks and then Truro for 7 months so far on this FM, feel like a need a Barcelona La Masia challenge lol. if i win something and i mean anything hopefully i will continue

Im starting to lose interest in the save, im around January right now and if we end another season without a trophy i think i may call it quits, want to play an easier save for a bit before the next FM, i have only played as Man Utd for 3 weeks and then Truro for 7 months so far on this FM, feel like a need a Barcelona La Masia challenge lol. if i win something and i mean anything hopefully i will continue

Hopefully you will. I'm three seasons into my Stockport save, lost the playoff semi finals in all three seasons. Losing streak around March time cost me the title, and possibly the FA Trophy as i'd have faced Barrow in the final.

Even if you do decide to call it quits mate, you've had one **** of a journey and achieved more than I think you could ever have hoped for when you started out. It's been quite the read along the way and I've enjoyed following. I'd love to see you do something similar in FM19 but maybe in a journeyman style....thats my favourite way to play as you still start from the bottom, but as you build your reputation, you move around the clubs (and hopefully up the ladder) which keeps you interested in the save. Maybe this might work for you!

Even if you do decide to call it quits mate, you've had one **** of a journey and achieved more than I think you could ever have hoped for when you started out. It's been quite the read along the way and I've enjoyed following. I'd love to see you do something similar in FM19 but maybe in a journeyman style....thats my favourite way to play as you still start from the bottom, but as you build your reputation, you move around the clubs (and hopefully up the ladder) which keeps you interested in the save. Maybe this might work for you!
Thanks mate i never thought i would get this far in the save but i think we are going to struggle for quite a few more seasons before i can beat the best teams, we are now out of all the cup competitions and i feel like we have had a good season in the league but Man United are still ahead of us by several points, gets a bit disheartening but yeah i may look at a journeyman View attachment 40592

Sad it's come to an end but no need to continue a save that you're not interested in, such a shame you couldn't win the Premier League but it looks like you took Truro as far as you could.

Sad it's come to an end but no need to continue a save that you're not interested in, such a shame you couldn't win the Premier League but it looks like you took Truro as far as you could.
Yeah just couldnt quite compete with the big guns, the stadium was only 26000 and was going to be years before we would get a new one, we seemed to be best of the rest as you can see we got knocked out of the cups by Barcelona, Man Utd and Liverpool, Man Utd were just too good and only going to get better spending hundreds of millions every season

Yeah just couldnt quite compete with the big guns, the stadium was only 26000 and was going to be years before we would get a new one, we seemed to be best of the rest as you can see we got knocked out of the cups by Barcelona, Man Utd and Liverpool, Man Utd were just too good and only going to get better spending hundreds of millions every season

Yeah it's just annoying how you need that bit of luck when you're taking a small team to the top, who knows what would've happened if you didn't have such bad luck in the cup draws

Yeah it's just annoying how you need that bit of luck when you're taking a small team to the top, who knows what would've happened if you didn't have such bad luck in the cup draws
Yes i totally agree made the knockout stages of the champions league twice and faced Barcelona and PSG i think, a lot of my big players had promises before their contracts that we would win silverware soon and they were not happy we went so long without winning anything