league 1

i fancy brentford this year as well. charlie mcdonald come back to charlton :'( :) plus they have a very solid defence. playoffs IMO.

If there is anything I know about league 1, it's that you shouldn't think you're going to walk it. Sheff Wed are not going to necessarily destroy everyone, same with Southampton.

In my opinion Forest had the best squad in the league each year we were in league 1, and even if you do, teams put 10 men behind the ball to stop you scoring. We had the best defensive record in league 1 history, but we didn't score many cause the teams we were playing were playing 5-5-0

i reckon Brentford have a chance with the play offs but top 2 when there is Wednesday Southampton Charlton Peterborough Plymouth ... it's not going to be a easy league by far apart from the fact we battered Plymouth and Peterborough at our ground last year and we have a stronger team this year ..... however it's a new season anything can happen maybe i underestimated Brentford

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

If there is anything I know about league 1, it's that you shouldn't think you're going to walk it. Sheff Wed are not going to necessarily destroy everyone, same with Southampton.

In my opinion Forest had the best squad in the league each year we were in league 1, and even if you do, teams put 10 men behind the ball to stop you scoring. We had the best defensive record in league 1 history, but we didn't score many cause the teams we were playing were playing 5-5-0

i agree totally we may have been underestimating this league and as one of the favourites to go back up team like next week Dagenham are going to sit behind the ball and play for a draw and sneak a win and it isnt going to be as easy as we think to break teams down with 6 in defence

Rovers have made some decent signings and I hope we can challenge the play-offs. Rovers need consistency which is something we didn't manage last season :)

I can see that we will definately get in the play offs this year and I agree with what you have said about the signings; Nicky Forster, Michael Spillane and soon to be Gary Alexander :) look to have sealed promotion for the Bees; EIEIEIO .....

Pim Balkestein, a young Dutch defender that can strengthen the back 4. All we need is a new FW and we have all that we need!.. And Gary Alexander looks like he could do us a good job, although we need a younger forward with pace :D ..

In my opinion Forest had the best squad in the league each year we were in league 1, and even if you do, teams put 10 men behind the ball to stop you scoring. We had the best defensive record in league 1 history, but we didn't score many cause the teams we were playing were playing 5-5-0[/QUOTE]

this. also teams come to places like charlton, forest, leeds etc and see it as a "big game". its the equivalent of liverpool, chelsea etc. the pressure is off as no one is expecting them to get a result. the amount of times last season some nobody hits a wonder goal the likes of which he will ever score again was infinite.

Argyle to go straight back up. :)

we need a younger forward with pace :D ..[/QUOTE]

were the same we need someone with lots of pace we already have our winger who was playing upfront at end of last season but with all our new strikers i don't see that happening much...

we have championship quality however there not the fastest players in the world we have signed Morrison Mellor Heffernan all strikers with no real amount of pace but im confident in them easily

also we have signed Sedgewick Teale again 2 wingers with not much pace but quality and also Daniel Jones who is a new signing who can play on the wing and looks quite quick. and Giles Coke centre Mid big strong kid with a fair bit of pace. and our right back is fast Jon Otsemebor.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

you think? lol i reckon they might struggle....

you think? lol i reckon they might struggle....

Nah they have a sensible squad with a good backbone. :) Should do alright, only really lost Mackie, so not a massive loss in terms of players.

A lot of teams wouldn't fancy travelling down to Home park, Plymouth will have a good home record this season, but I think they will be poor away from home

A lot of teams wouldn't fancy travelling down to Home park, Plymouth will have a good home record this season, but I think they will be poor away from home

were plymouths bogey team over the last few years so lets hope we win them again easily

plymouth beat southampton, huddersfield scored 3 past notts county and we won, hope it continues :)