Leicester Kings of Europe (5 year challenge)

Morrow

Reaction score
Firstly let me say I have been playing FM for only a few weeks but i'm really into it, decided to give myself my first challenge and post updates here.

Goals

Year 1: Mid table finish
Year 2: Euro cup qualification
Year 3: Champions cup qualification
Year 4: Premier league winners
Year 5: Champions cup winners

If I get sacked at any point its game over.

Preseason

I've already completed the first season so I'll try and do a quick overview of the season before going into more detail in season 2.

I wanted to try out a new formation involving wingbacks, inside forwards and a sole striker so I looked to get a couple of decent wide men in during preseason. Being a team backed for relegation makes it difficult to attract top talent but I was happy with the purchases I made. Not so happy that I couldn't offload the dead weight though.

View attachment 262110

Preseason friendlies went well and I was feeling pretty confident going into the first match of 2014 against Liverpool at home.

View attachment 262109

View attachment 262095

The first game of the season almost made me give up on my new formation, but on closer look it was 50/50 for possession and chances so I decided to stick it out and see how it went. As you can see I got a mixed run on results. The international break before the Man Utd game was low point of the season, almost half my players came back injured. It was a major factor in the next few matches.

Last edited:
Quarter 2 Season 2014/15

Okay.. i get this all the time

Post denied. New posts are limited by number of URLs it may contain and checked if it doesn't contain forbidden words.

I cannot find what would set this off and it's only one image and one paragraph. I can't carry on like this it's painful! Sorry I'm out.

If its an image, put it on a site like Tinypic.com and then just copy the image onto here

Nope, even if its just text I get the message. Very frustrating :-/

just upload the image, It might be because you are a new user though and haven't got alot of posts ?

Make sure you don't go to Thailand with Leicester anyway !

I got that message last night when I was trying to update my Real Betis story. I looked it up and I think it is to prevent spambots etc. I carried on posting on a couple of stories that I have been following and got a few posts under my belt and it worked this morning and has been working since. Hope this helps.

I finished season 1 in 9th place and was feeling pretty good. I managed to secure puncheon and Sergio Roberto in the January transfer window and was very happy with that.

Last edited:
Close season saw me going on a raid for a couple of players from relegated Stoke and Sunderland

View attachment 260633
I was very happy to secure Shawcross and Johnson.

Cancelled the preseason tour of Thailand, just in case...

Euro cup qualification seemed a bit optimistic as by Jan I was in mid table. A bad run of injuries on also piled on the pressure.

Okay so it seems the word str*ggling is forbidden! How dumb is that?

Last edited:
View attachment 260621

A trashing from Chelsea showed the gap between us and the bigger teams before we put together a decent run. Alas this came to a crashing halt and after the QPR game i found myself called in to the directors office to explain myself. I have a month to turn it around.

View attachment 260618
A string of easier fixtures saw me keep my job and by the time we played Man Utd we actually gave them a decent game. I was happy with the last part of the season but a 6th place finish wasn't good enough for the euro cup and I fully expected to be sacked.

Lucky for me Chelsea did the double and won the FA cup, bumping Leicester into Europe next season! (H)

I was really looking forward to season 3, my team seems to be gelling and I was looking to secure a good striker and/or midfielder to give the team a boost for Europe.

Alas, it seems the board did not agree with my plans and gave me a 4mil budget. Combine that with a 10% retention on sold players, competition bonuses taking half and Real Madrid sniffing around for Roberto and suddenly my biggest challenge was just standing still!

While I upset Roberto, he soon got over it and I managed to pull off a couple of decent loans.

View attachment 260612

A really positive preseason saw us win every game, including a very unexpected result against Atletico.

View attachment 260600

We also got some luck in not drawing a big team for the first game of the season. A good solid run saw us hold Spurs to a thrilling 4-4 draw. Despite only taking a point I was happy to put in a good performance against one of the bigger teams and I'm feeling like this season might be the breakthrough for us.

View attachment 260599

After 4 games the league looks like this

View attachment 260594

And now we'll all caught up! More updates to come as the games are played.

Our good run has continued. A difficult fixture against Man Utd ended in a well deserved draw before a top of the table clash with Chelsea showed us we still have a way to go.

View attachment 260511

That being said we are currently sitting in 2nd place after 8 games played

View attachment 260510

The defeat by Chelsea seemed to have got to the team and we had a run of bad games, by far the worse our early exit from the Capital One cup at the hands of QPR. However we turned it around with a brilliant 4-0 victory against PAOK and another win against Slovan Bratislava to secure progress into the knock out stages of the Euro Cup.

View attachment 260325

A hard fought draw against Man City gave us a further boost.

View attachment 260320

I turned down job offers from Manchester United and City and was rewarded with an injection of transfer funds which I used to secure a new left sided defender and a few kids for the future.

View attachment 260314