Let The Forest Grow - A Nottingham Forest Story

View attachment 468266

Summer Transfers 2012

View attachment 468265

We have signed some good players here for not an extortionate amount of money, Tony Watt is a game winner and Finne and Strandberg are very reasonable valuable at just over a million for the pair who will be regulars in the Norwar team in the future

View attachment 468264
We had such a large squad it was inevitable that it had to be trimmed down and we shipped out 3 strikers for a combined £4.9m and loaned out the rest and managed to convince Jonathan Greening to leave on a free leaving us in a lot better state financially with out wage structure

View attachment 468274

Pre-Season 2012

View attachment 468273

Not the way I wanted things to start, our reserves taught us a lesson

View attachment 468272

That's better, a routine win against poor opposition

View attachment 468271

Another routine victory against weak opposition

View attachment 468270

It's frustrating to concede but Tony Watt displays the type of performance that let's us know why we paid so much for him

View attachment 468269

Only just scraped through this with a win, we will need to improve

View attachment 468268

A comfortable win but out defence is still leaking too many goals considering the stature of our opposition

View attachment 468267

A close game against opposition who regularly compete on the European stage which gives us hope moving forward

View attachment 468262

August 2012

View attachment 468261

A win in my first competitive game in charge and a routine one at that, next round we have Brentford

View attachment 468260

Not the way I imagined the season would open but Leicester showed there recent investment has been worthwhile

View attachment 468259

Ipswich played dirty this game and it's safe to say Tony Watt must have frustrated them as he scores his first of hopefully many hat-tricks for the club

View attachment 468258

A close fought game that I hoped would be easier but we pick up the points

View attachment 468257

We demolish Brentford in the second half to turn the game around and come away with a 4-1 win. Next round we travel to Stoke

League Table

View attachment 468256

Player of the Month

View attachment 468255

Tony Watt

5 Games 5 Goals

Brilliant start mate! Great layout it's like reading my own :) nice to see my man Tony Watt on fire he'll fire you straight up this year ! Keep it up :)

Brilliant start mate! Great layout it's like reading my own :) nice to see my man Tony Watt on fire he'll fire you straight up this year ! Keep it up :)
I thought i was reading iH4WARD OF G0D for a minute :p

View attachment 468013

September 2012

View attachment 468012

Wow! I wouldn't imagine we would destroy one of our promotion rivals Leeds this badly at the famous Elland Road

View attachment 468011

Darius shows his worth his weight in gold as he scores an impressive hat trick to down a poor Yeovil side

View attachment 468010

Back to back hat tricks put Darius' reputation into orbit

View attachment 468008

Heartbreaking! To travel north to the Riverside and concede a corner so late in the game pains me

View attachment 468007

We fought valiantly but the premier league side will progress

View attachment 468006

Charlton are the seasons fast starters and they manage to dispatch us with relative ease

League Table

View attachment 468003

Player of the Month

View attachment 468002

Darius Henderson

5 Games 7 Goals

HAHAHA! At first I thought that this was another story of you.

Looking forward to your story mate! Bring this amazing old school team where they belong.

View attachment 467986

October 2012

View attachment 467985

We won the battle of the fallen giants but only just

View attachment 467984

Another win and a clean sheet but that's both our left wingers injured

View attachment 467983

A strong Bolton side take advantage of our search for the win and score on the counter

View attachment 467982

Blackpool teach us a lesson, morale needs to be picked up

View attachment 467981

A 0-0 draw in the big rivalry was not what our fans wanted

League Table

View attachment 467987

Player of the Month

View attachment 467979

Jack Hobbs

5 Games 2 Goal 3 Clean Sheets

View attachment 467968

November 2012

View attachment 467967

Darius is on form but Stefan is banned for the next game

View attachment 467966

We weren't at our best today but we pick up the three points as good teams do

View attachment 467965

End to end stuff and a pointlessly late sending off but another 3 points

View attachment 467964

Our run comes to an end as Readings premier league quality shines through

View attachment 467963

A 2-2 draw with easily the best squad in the league and it was so close to much more

View attachment 467962

Darius rounds off an excellent month for us and himself with another 3 points

League Table

View attachment 467957

Player of the Month

View attachment 467958

Darius Henderson

6 Games 6 Goals

View attachment 467940

December 2012

View attachment 467939

Blackburn are struggling this year but out inconsistency comes back to bite us again

View attachment 467938

A goal from Darius against his former club isn't enough to fix our form

View attachment 467937

Wigan are another team struggling considering there squad and we finally picked up a win this month

View attachment 467936

That's more like it, should have been 4-0 but a conciliation from Forestieri robs us of a clean sheet

View attachment 467935

Leicester are the first team we played this season and we couldn't win then and we still couldn't this time

View attachment 467934

We were lucky to get anything out of this game but we did and that's what matters

View attachment 467933

A good way to end the month with a routine win but all in all the month shows our defensive frailties and our lack of consistency

League Table

View attachment 467932

Player of the Month

View attachment 467930

Kelvin Wilson

A Month of Strong Captains Performances

Doing well so far - be great to get promoted first season

Count me in as a follower mate, I got Tony Watt in my Forest save as well he turns into an absolute class act!

View attachment 467707

January Transfers 2013

View attachment 467704

We improved the squad this window which is what the fans and I like to see and hopefully this will solve our inconsistency issues. All three of Jack, Adam and Alex are premier league quality and hopefully they will spur us on to win promotion this season.

View attachment 467702

We have lowered our wage bill again by removing de Vries' 10k per week wages and Matt Derbyshire's also but these never even featured in my plans and to save myself the money will hopefully help balance out our finances.

View attachment 467698

January 2013

View attachment 467696

Yeovil are statistically the worst team in this league and we should have dispatched them with ease but our lack of consistency is driving me mad

View attachment 467695

That's more like it! A huge win against a good Doncaster side. We play Stevenage next

View attachment 467694

A boring game but we won and that's all that matters

View attachment 467693

After our demolition of them in the cup we faced the same Doncaster side but they played us off the field today, it was like a different team

View attachment 467692

Another win but again highlights our capabilities if we can find consistency

View attachment 467691

I wanted to win this game and a good cup run would have gave us good confidence but the lower league side knock us out and our run ends before it truly began

League Table

View attachment 467699

Player of the Month

View attachment 467689

Jack Collison

6 Games 1 Goals 2 Assist

Some quallity additions to the squad, should make the difference in the second half of the season. I had Darius Henderson on loan on an old Walsall file and he was immense.