For now it's the best tactic, at least if you're an underdog in your league, tactics like Devastator or conqueror didn't work as well as this one with an underdog.

Well done

Well done. I will start testing this tactics from today in a big online save for Swansea, where as we all know always more difficult to achieve good results, then playing alone offline.
I`m curious about 2 questions (sorry if they were answered earlier in the thread):
1) Counter was looking not bad for 2016 version. What made you to start control?
2) What match preparation focus do you set ?
Thanks in advance for your answers, very curious to test this tactics and looking for perfection in this extremely difficult FM version:)
1st season finished. A few bad luck in some draws made us loose the league, but we won cup.
Agbonlahor and Ayew 19 goals each one, and Traoré best young player.

View attachment 1034756View attachment 1034757

Well done. I will start testing this tactics from today in a big online save for Swansea, where as we all know always more difficult to achieve good results, then playing alone offline.
I`m curious about 2 questions (sorry if they were answered earlier in the thread):
1) Counter was looking not bad for 2016 version. What made you to start control?
2) What match preparation focus do you set ?
Thanks in advance for your answers, very curious to test this tactics and looking for perfection in this extremely difficult FM version:)

I was using att at home in 16.2 and usually control do a great work away. Then in 16.3 i see att doesn't work but control home and away works amazing.

I use balanced high and def. to clicks from left, and rest before and after.

Training-def positions

Thanks.
I see that match preparation best of all works such way as you said: training def.position and leaving match focus- def positions in any game. even against "weaker" teams. Because **** script in this game makes you to concede a lot and easy. :) Even against much weaker teams. I believe defence must be prepared good and attack will find it`s way.(i hope)I will share my results.:)
I was using att at home in 16.2 and usually control do a great work away. Then in 16.3 i see att doesn't work but control home and away works amazing.

I use balanced high and def. to clicks from left, and rest before and after.

Conqueror vs others

Hi,
Have you tried Conqueror tactics vs other human managers in online games?
I started Wampley tweak as Swansea in a private game and also changed CE counter 442 to Wampley control tweak, as Swansea in a middle of a season:) in a big online save. But i started getting better results, then i had with counter variation. All human managers have some loaded tactics from internet. For now i lost to guy with similar team strengh, who played Barcelona tiki-taka posession tactics from here:
-----------
Barcelona Tiki Taka Tactics; Emulating Pep Guardiolas Positional Play in Football Manager | Passion4FM
----------
Anybody tried this one?:) Loaded not long ago.
---------------
I will continue Wampley tweak testing, need more games and best players in positions to be able to judge it.
Sometimes i`m keen to switch to counter vs attacking strong team, but perhaps it is not the best idea. While having time wasting tactics is ok. As very often you lead 3-1, your team plays exellent and enemy plays bad. Then everything changes and opponent team start playing like **** and impossible to stop those fast goals.
What to do is such terribly scripted games, when any substitutes, any pause pushing helps.
Must we switch to time wasting tactics then? (if leading)

Last edited:
So I know you're all (not) aching to find out my end of season results after all of my questions... I'll give you the short version:
View attachment 166001
Much more success than last season but even though our team was top scorer, it was also 3rd highest conceder and only nine corner goals from 93 overall. Just the one red card and 70 bookings (3rd highest). Used instant result for all games. Two main things about the players is that the MR gets a ton of assists (also chips in with goals) and so does the STCR. I mean, this is my first-choice MR (right) & STCR (left) and we can all agree my MR is average at best. I highlighted the 'wanted by club' cos it's for a transfer... from Ebbsfleet... who've just been relegated to League 1. They're not getting their hands on a £21m player:
View attachment 165997
Any way I can improve my defensive record and also the corner goals? Thanks for the tweak!

Still the best, took Crotone in serie B in the middle of the season to see if still works and it does.

View attachment 160256
Once i'm leading by 2 goals i switch to contain mentality, but try not to do this before the 70 minute if you are just one goal up or the game engine will punish you, set my WBs to defend and my MCR/MCL to support.

Last edited: