Let's talk about Tactic Testing for FM21

Liam

Reaction score
Following our merger with Mr L Tactics, a whole host of new and exciting tools were bought to the table.
  • Automated tactic testing
  • A new website that will eventually replace this one
  • A database you can trust
  • A new co-owner, @Luigi
I'm really excited about what we have in store for you this year. On the 24th November - when you click Tactics on the navbar your world is going to be blown away.

This thread isn't so much an explanation though...that'll come later. I want to hear your questions!

Excited! If done well, this will bring a lot traffic to Fmbase.

Some suggestions,
  • Show a testing queue so we all know which tactics will be tested next. Maybe just a list of 10 tactics in the queue, to be updated after a test is done. The test queue should be FIFO, first in first out.
  • Only pick tactics from the same user if this user does not have a tactic in the test queue. This can prevent a single user flooding the entire test queue with his tactics.
  • Fmbase staff to test the top 3 tactics in the results table in a real save with 2-3 different team and periodically write the progress and results in a review thread. This will prove if the tactic is as successful in a real save and attract a lot of interest from users planning to start a save with those tactics.

I can't answer number one and two yet because we're looking into possibilities regarding the queue currently.

Fmbase staff to test the top 3 tactics in the results table in a real save with 2-3 different team and periodically write the progress and results in a review thread. This will prove if the tactic is as successful in a real save and attract a lot of interest from users planning to start a save with those tactics.

We are already planning a series of real tests via Youtube to compliment our own tests. :)

I can't answer number one and two yet because we're looking into possibilities regarding the queue currently.

We are already planning a series of real tests via Youtube to compliment our own tests. :)
I would like to participate in that :cool:

Guys it would be also great to divide the tactics into different styles. a section for gegenpress another one for counter attack and so on..I don't know if its duable but would definitely make things clear for all users and also for creators :)

Ps. I just hope other styles will work, so sick of the fm20 gegenpress

Guys it would be also great to divide the tactics into different styles. a section for gegenpress another one for counter attack and so on..I don't know if its duable but would definitely make things clear for all users and also for creators :)

Ps. I just hope other styles will work, so sick of the fm20 gegenpress

It's on the to-do list. ?

Guys i've been going with DIABLOS 4-2-4 TACTIC as a test with liverpool unbeaten in the league and champs league up to the end of november

Guys i've been going with DIABLOS 4-2-4 TACTIC as a test with liverpool unbeaten in the league and champs league up to the end of november
Im also using Diablo with good result's, not unbeaten, but scoring like crazy. I use V2.

I’m looking for a tactic for my Bradford team in L2. Currently in 16th.

Do you have a link to the tactic please?

Would like to be involved with testing too , how can i help

Do you have a link to the tactic please?

Would like to be involved with testing too , how can i help

It's in the tactic screen in Elite and it's the top tactic there with a score of 20

I'm not planning to install newer version of FM, still stuck with FM11. However I'm excited to use such features in this forum site. Looking forward onto it! (y)

I hope it will be possible to sort tactics by style of play. Since I'm not a big fan of tactics based on just gegenpress but always try to rely on a possesion based style of play.

I hope it will be possible to sort tactics by style of play. Since I'm not a big fan of tactics based on just gegenpress but always try to rely on a possesion based style of play.

It will be, but not initially

Can't wait to check the new website and submit my tactics :)