Let's talk about Tactic Testing for FM21

Hey guys,
Quick question, is it as simple as downloading the database, starting a new game with that database, adding the 2 managers (presumably maxed out to maintain so its still even), giving the two teams the tactic then just going on holiday? Or am I missing steps out? Also is freezing the players with FMRTE needed or can we do it without.
Thanks in advance and thank you to all the people at FMBase and elsewhere who spent countless hours creating this for us!

Hey guys,
Quick question, is it as simple as downloading the database, starting a new game with that database, adding the 2 managers (presumably maxed out to maintain so its still even), giving the two teams the tactic then just going on holiday? Or am I missing steps out? Also is freezing the players with FMRTE needed or can we do it without.
Thanks in advance and thank you to all the people at FMBase and elsewhere who spent countless hours creating this for us!

You're better off downloading just the save file and the FMRTE filters. The database is really only available for those who want to make changes. I'll see if I can get a guide written today. ?

You're better off downloading just the save file and the FMRTE filters. The database is really only available for those who want to make changes. I'll see if I can get a guide written today. ?
Thanks for your quick reply :D
The save game is already in mid May 2021, is that intended? And a guide would be amazing, I've been looking forward to being able to truly test my tactics for a while now and you guys have made that a reality!

Thanks for your quick reply :D
The save game is already in mid May 2021, is that intended? And a guide would be amazing, I've been looking forward to being able to truly test my tactics for a while now and you guys have made that a reality!

Oh, uh. That might not be intended. Do you have a fresh save @Luigi. ?

Haha xD
I'll be eagerly awaiting the new save file and the guide (cause I'm quite confused on what I have to do with the frozen player filters and FMRTE ?)

Is there a way to filter the table by formation to find view my favourite formation only and sort the table by tested time?

Haha xD
I'll be eagerly awaiting the new save file and the guide (cause I'm quite confused on what I have to do with the frozen player filters and FMRTE ?)

Paste the "Frozen Players" folder to your FMRTE folder, load the save, launch FMRTE -> click "Load Game", and there you go all players should be frozen now. Until a fresh save is provided, I just simulate the next season in the save (2021/2022), players are frozen anyway so it's not like age matters and they have long contracts so that's not a problem either.

So what should be considered a good tactic? finish top 5 for a like 5years straight? i see a lot of tactics on your website that doesnt follow this test, Knap tactics always use liverpool on premier league for example

So what should be considered a good tactic? finish top 5 for a like 5years straight? i see a lot of tactics on your website that doesnt follow this test, Knap tactics always use liverpool on premier league for example

We test all tactics on the same database. Knap uses Liverpool for his private tests.

I see, so tell me what should be considered a strong tactic? i guess its almost impossible to finish top 3 or even top 5 for 5 straight seasons (am i wrong?)

oh great this solves one of my doubts :)
How can we know when the save file will be updated? Are you going to inform us here please? :)

I see, so tell me what should be considered a strong tactic? i guess its almost impossible to finish top 3 or even top 5 for 5 straight seasons (am i wrong?)

A tactic with 5 stars?

yea but i mean on game before i update my tactic to the website. how a 5 stars tactic behaves on the test league? average position? im trying to create my own to post later

yea but i mean on game before i update my tactic to the website. how a 5 stars tactic behaves on the test league? average position? im trying to create my own to post later

The formula for determining the score is on the about page ?

yea but it should have a star calculator instead all those formulas jesus, thats not user friendly at all xD or maybe im dumb

I can tell you about my own benchmarks, that tactic needs to pass before I post it:
I have 3 regular test saves - Liverpool on FM Touch, Valencia and Hertha Berlin on regular FM. I run simple holiday tests on all this tests, then I go to fmbase test save, freeze the players and run their save for 30 games (it takes too long on my PC for an entire season), add the points from both teams together, divide by 60 and multiply by 160.
If a tactic gets at least 3/4 of these:
- 100 points with Liverpool
- 90 points with Valencia
- 70 points with Hertha
- 290 points on FM Base test (after math that I described)

I will post it. These are pretty strict requirements because I want every tactic that I post to be better than the previous one I created, so if you just want to create a good tactic, nothing gamebreaking than I'd say anything that gets over 270 points on FM Base test save (if you run an entire season) would at least be decent.

thanks for that info, i have a really nice computer and its pretty fast to simulate the whole season of the test league like 30minutes or so, i guess ill just go for that 290 points run, im really thankfull for your time :) in my case as i can simulate the whole season i just need to add those 2 team points and divide by 2 and get the score higher than 290 right?