Let's talk about Tactic Testing for FM21

Small suggestion for the developers: when viewing a tactic, if you click the tactic's screenshots on the right side of the page, there appears to be no way to close the image viewer that opens. Tried pressing ESC key, tried clicking outside the image, and there is no "Close" or "X" button either. It's a minor issue that can be solved by forcing a browser refresh, but perhaps something to work on in the future when other higher priority features are completed.

Small suggestion for the developers: when viewing a tactic, if you click the tactic's screenshots on the right side of the page, there appears to be no way to close the image viewer that opens. Tried pressing ESC key, tried clicking outside the image, and there is no "Close" or "X" button either. It's a minor issue that can be solved by forcing a browser refresh, but perhaps something to work on in the future when other higher priority features are completed.

I believe you can close it by just clicking the image ^^

We've updated our FM21 Tactic Testing page!
It's cooler now because you can:
  • Filter by formation
  • Filter authors
c229A5B.gif

We've updated our FM21 Tactic Testing page!
It's cooler now because you can:
  • Filter by formation
  • Filter authors

Good job! Almost perfect, please open a new browser window when click on the tactic button so the current sorted results page can remain there otherwise I'll have to redo sorting all over again after clicking on a tactic to view it's detail.

Good job! Almost perfect, please open a new browser window when click on the tactic button so the current sorted results page can remain there otherwise I'll have to redo sorting all over again after clicking on a tactic to view it's detail.

@Luigi

?
We're working on a solution for this problem that should be slightly more efficient: when you will go back you will return to the same filters as before.

In the meantime you can click the "tactic buttons" using the scroll wheel, or ctrl + click to have the same result :D

my tactics still not tested even they have been uploaded for a long time.

problems started after new patch.

my atalanta is still best non winger tactic in game

my tactics still not tested even they have been uploaded for a long time.

problems started after new patch.

my atalanta is still best non winger tactic in game

We have over 400 tactics in queue... It will takes some days before all of them are gonna be tested :(
Sry about that

We have over 400 tactics in queue... It will takes some days before all of them are gonna be tested :(
Sry about that
and like 160 of them are knap tactics?

shouldnt it be possible to make tactics upvoteable and sort the queue by votes or sth?

and like 160 of them are knap tactics?

shouldnt it be possible to make tactics upvoteable and sort the queue by votes or sth?

When we merge in the new platform, 100% we will do something to optimize the test queue and not do just random.
A little bit of patience since things are still under development?

Test should be done in FIFO first in first out and only pick tactic where the author does not already have another tactic in queue. In this way it will be totally fair and it can prevent author with a lot of tactics flooded the queue. Totally random is unfair to those who uploaded early and have lesser tactics and only favorable to those who have uploaded a lot of tactics. This is very unhealthy to fmbase, soon users will fed up with the long wait and no longer want to upload their tactics to fmbase. In fact we already seen some fmbase users are now only uploading their tactics to your competitor's test site instead of fmbase.

Test should be done in FIFO first in first out and only pick tactic where the author does not already have another tactic in queue. In this way it will be totally fair and it can prevent author with a lot of tactics flooded the queue. Totally random is unfair to those who uploaded early and have lesser tactics and only favorable to those who have uploaded a lot of tactics. This is very unhealthy to fmbase, soon users will fed up with the long wait and no longer want to upload their tactics to fmbase. In fact we already seen some fmbase users are now only uploading their tactics to your competitor's test site instead of fmbase.

This solution can bring people into creating multiple users to have their tactics tested.
We will have a fair solution in the future, one that will take into account users upvotes and quantity of tactics uploaded by the user. At the moment, the duality between Xenforo and the new platform doesn't make it easy to implement a "fair queue" with the current setup. We prefer to spend resources in finishing the new platform instead of having to implement complex solutions for a problem we already know how to fix in the future setup.

What I can tell is that we will not add in the queue other tactics until we test the ones in the current queue, so in 7 days you can expect to have mostly all currently queued tactics tested.

Regarding the competitor's test site... ?

?
We're working on a solution for this problem that should be slightly more efficient: when you will go back you will return to the same filters as before.

In the meantime you can click the "tactic buttons" using the scroll wheel, or ctrl + click to have the same result :D
Clicking with the scroll wheel doesn't open the tactic in a new tab it just activates the scroll with mouse movement.
Control + click just opens the tactic in the current tab.

Clicking with the scroll wheel doesn't open the tactic in a new tab it just activates the scroll with mouse movement.

Ok, the scroll wheel may be only if set up, which OS do you have? With MacOS it's cmd + click.

Ok, the scroll wheel may be only if set up, which OS do you have? With MacOS it's cmd + click.