Raikan007

Reaction score
Like father like Son: Following in the footsteps: A QPR story

2agp0ty.jpg

Time runs out for Hughes:

9th November 2012
14:52

8x8n68.jpg

After a dismal start to ex Manchester City boss Mark Hughes' career at Loftus Road, Tony Fernandes, the majority stakeholder in the club, has cancelled Hughes' contract with immediate effect...

Hughes admitted in a press conference later that afternoon that he was unable motivate the players and get them to work together in order to turn their fortunes around and save the club from possible relegation come the end of the season.

He wished the new manager, whoever it may be the best of luck as one was surely going to need it...

With QPR sitting at the bottom of the table in early November with just one win in nine, looking like early candidates for the drop, who can step in and save the club from relegation?

View attachment 307061

Last edited:
Hi mate, good to see you start a New Story. But why are you playing it from the Middle of the Season instead of Playng from the Start and also Are you Using any New Transfer Updates?

Hi mate, good to see you start a New Story. But why are you playing it from the Middle of the Season instead of Playng from the Start and also Are you Using any New Transfer Updates?

hey bud,

I did this because everyone usually starts at the start, I wanted to make it as real life as possible with regards to their actual season..

and yes, I have marshalls update..

(I do wish that updates could be set for the new players to sign on the date they actually signed, but this has yet to be done..)

ipmc9c.jpg

Fernandes sets his sights high:

tony-fernandes_2068846b.jpg

In a press conference several hours after the sacking of Hughes, Fernades met with reporters to release a statement regarding the managers he was after to take the club forward, some may say his candidates were a bit out of his reach with regards to their reputation, however, the Malaysian was adamant he would land his man before Sunday...

QPR potential managerial targets:

View attachment 307083View attachment 307084View attachment 307085View attachment 307086

Harry-Redknapp-new-QPR-ma-008.jpg

Harry Redknapp was odds on favorite for the managerial vacancy at Loftus Road, however, after being approached for the job later that evening in a meeting with Fernandes, Harry declined the position as he wanted to make himself available for a more reputable club and opportunity and felt that a bad run of performances would damage his reputation and impact his future..

ipmc9c.jpg

9th November 2012
18:23

The R's announce unknown manager:

2gv9ees.jpg

In a somewhat frantic Friday, Fernandes announced later on that evening that the club have offered a seven month contract to a relatively unknown manager, Michael Igesund.

Michael hails from the picturesque country of South Africa who at junior level represented his country on several occasions as goalkeeper and later on his career signed a two year contract with Mpmumalanga Black Aces where he made 38 appearances and conceding 61 goals.

Due to the politics within the borders of South Africa and the financial crisis the club found themselves in, he decided to follow in his dads (Gordon Igesund, manager of the South Africa national team) footsteps and become a manager...

Igesund Jnr as he is called amongst his colleagues and peers, joined Durban City, a semi professional club in the heart of Kwa-Zulu Natal as the reserves coach at the end of 2009 and slowly made his way up to Assistant Manager within the year. He then spent another year as assistant manager before being offered the same job at Moroko Swallows, where of course his father, Gordon, was the Manager.

Together they guided Swallows to a record 2nd position in the PSL that year, only for Gordon to be offered the national team job for the upcoming AFCON Championships whilst Michael resigned as he left for Germany to complete his coaching courses..

hey bud,

I did this because everyone usually starts at the start, I wanted to make it as real life as possible with regards to their actual season..

and yes, I have marshalls update..

(I do wish that updates could be set for the new players to sign on the date they actually signed, but this has yet to be done..)
It actually is Possible in the Edito but that will take too much time to Complete, So there arent Any Updates with That around.

ipmc9c.jpg

Igesund's approach:

Friday 9th November
19:56

zm1g0i.jpg

After a brief press conference, Michael headed back to the changing rooms at around 8pm to begin his preparations for the morning, he scribbled away endlessly, documenting all the approaches and roles he was to explain in just over 12 hours to his group of players...

Saturday 10th November
8:15am

As the players entered the dressing room in single file through the narrow doors in the corner, I noticed most of them whispering and laughing as they made their way inside. I could tell that most of the players were surprised to see someone so soon after Mark was sacked just less than a day ago and were probably expecting to see Harry Redknapp as it was all over Sky the night before...

I called a team meeting amongst myself, the staff and of course the players...

View attachment 307097

Needless to say it went really well, the players were looking forward to working with an inexperienced manager and thought that he could bring different idea's and new approaches that could help save this team from relegation.

"I am here to today to tell you that you will not be relegated this season, you are all too talented and too special to be relegated come the end of the season, I know results have not been kind to you so far, I want you to forget about the past several weeks and promise me you will only focus on things to come, what has happened is in the past, we cannot change that now, we can only change the future by working hard today for the good of this club and you the players, I can promise you now, we will be in the Premier League next season if we work hard and stick together"

I could see the light back in the players eye's, the fight was there, the passion, I just needed it to manifest itself on the pitch

Approach one:

View attachment 307099

An attacking and also defensive 433 which contains an anchor man to sit in front of the back four to provide cover.

With quite a quick tempo we are hoping to get the ball up field as quickly as possible with a more direct passing style and little time wasting to prevent players holding up the ball in dangerous positions.

This will be used mostly in home games and cup games for the first part of the season

Approach two:

View attachment 307101

A narrow defensive 4132 which employs an anchor man as well to help protect the back four.
The midfield is set to 3 central mids on support duty to support the attackers as well as getting back to help cover the defenders.

The striking combination of the Trequarista and Target Man will be for Taraabt and Zamora respectively to try and encourage good link up play between the attackers and mids as well as Taraabt feeding in balls for Zamora.

This will be mostly used away from home and to see out games for wins/draws.

Approach three:

View attachment 307102

Similar to that of the first approach but with the central mids acting as an attacking threat, pushing forward and offering assistance to the 3 forwards

This will be used sparingly and depending on opposition

Last edited:
This is a story i will follow! Nice to see you start after 9 match :D

Goodluck mate!

Good luck with this one.
Q.P.R. really has a team that, on paper, shouldn't go down. Perhaps you'll be the man to save them from relegation, I think so.

Will check in from time to time, to see your progress.

ipmc9c.jpg

Igesund's managerial debut hindered by injuries:

Less than 24 hours ago after Igesund put pen to paper on his seven month deal, he was to take on the Baggies at the Hawthorns, this could potentially be a relegation battle as the Baggies find themselves in 18th place in the league..

Injury woes leaves Jnr with little choice as eight first team players were ruled out of today's game...

View attachment 307103

This is a story i will follow! Nice to see you start after 9 match :D

Goodluck mate!

thanks mate :) yeah, I had never done it before.. I also put off the transfer in first window to make it as realistic as possible..

Good luck with this one.
Q.P.R. really has a team that, on paper, shouldn't go down. Perhaps you'll be the man to save them from relegation, I think so.

Will check in from time to time, to see your progress.

thanks mate :) yeah they should not.. but you never know

take care

ipmc9c.jpg

Vital victory for Igesund:

View attachment 307112

In Juniors first game in charge away at the Hawthorns his team showed great character by coming from behind to ****** a 2:1 victory with mecurial forward Taraabt netting the winner in a goal moth scramble in stoppage time after Remy opened the scoring with a well placed finished in the first half.

A great managerial decision to play down the left where he had Taraabt as play maker cutting inside and wreaking havoc for the last 20 minutes creating several good goalscoring opportunities for himself and his teammates.

ipmc9c.jpg

Igesund prepares for grueling month:

Shortly after the R's win against West Bromwich Albion, Igesund was on the phone for most of the evening trying to bring in the coaching staff he required to steer the club out of danger..

Afer several hours of phone calls, emails and coffee Igesund had landed the trio of coaches he was after, a few had turned down the offer due to the strict financial budgets he was set when he arrived just days ago...

View attachment 307116View attachment 307118View attachment 307119

With Sunderland, Manchester United and Arsenal the next three games up in November and early December this period could be crucial for Igesund and his squad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back