Line-up Predictions for 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 145
  • Views Views 10K
Joss @ Might want to consider scimming through your posts before actually posting them. You know, just to avoid posting ignorant and horrificly wrong statements.

On topic, i think the Tottenham side is shaping up nicely with the arrival of Sandro. Personally i hope Giovani dos Santos stay as he'll provide good coverage for Modric and has looked livelyer than ever at the WC. Unfortunately it looks like he's going to Turkey, for good.

The defence could use some strengthening with Woodgate looking close to retirement and Kaboul filling in for Corluka on the RB when needed. A CB and maybe a LB to cover for BAE as it seems that Bale is turning into a ML.

Lastly i think we could do with a worldclass forward e.g. Edin Dzeko or maybe Luis Suarez but i'm only hoping.
re bale: i would leave him at left back, he has the wbility to be a fullback/wingback in the class of evra,cole,lahm. ie attacking and defending that entire flank, whil the intellgent winger in front of him (krancjar/cole if you get him) attacks inside, particular since corluka isnt reall an attacking threat on the right. it gives you asymmetric points of attack, which is vital if you want to play 4-4-2 at the highest levels

re bale: i would leave him at left back, he has the wbility to be a fullback/wingback in the class of evra,cole,lahm. ie attacking and defending that entire flank, whil the intellgent winger in front of him (krancjar/cole if you get him) attacks inside, particular since corluka isnt reall an attacking threat on the right. it gives you asymmetric points of attack, which is vital if you want to play 4-4-2 at the highest levels

Redknapp has already said he wants Bale as a fullback as he sees it is his best position for the future.

Joss @ Might want to consider scimming through your posts before actually posting them. You know, just to avoid posting ignorant and horrificly wrong statements.

On topic, i think the Tottenham side is shaping up nicely with the arrival of Sandro. Personally i hope Giovani dos Santos stay as he'll provide good coverage for Modric and has looked livelyer than ever at the WC. Unfortunately it looks like he's going to Turkey, for good.

The defence could use some strengthening with Woodgate looking close to retirement and Kaboul filling in for Corluka on the RB when needed. A CB and maybe a LB to cover for BAE as it seems that Bale is turning into a ML.

Lastly i think we could do with a worldclass forward e.g. Edin Dzeko or maybe Luis Suarez but i'm only hoping.

I did apologise, so we can stop the onslaught now :$...
On topic: Some good points there, Giovanni has been playing well for Mexico, but i'm not sure how well he'll react to warming the bench, Krancjar looked lively at times last season though. CB seems a good idea, can't really think who though.. Still have Bassong and Walker though. Talking of which, you have Ohara, Bale and Assou-Ekotto who can all play further back or forward, certainly the latter two. How well would someone like Suarez play with Defoe? Forlan would be ideal for you i think, but i doubt he'll leave.

Hopefully that's the case. I just hope he can maintain his form from the last 12 or so games of the last season.

If he's going to be moulded back into the attacking wingback role, it would make it even better to see Gio dos Santos stay or Joe Cole join.

But again, wishful thinking.

EDIT:

Forlan isn't a possibility imo. His age and loyalty to Atletico just doesn't make him interesting.

Redknapp has already said he wants Bale as a fullback as he sees it is his best position for the future.

These.

I think Dos Santos might get a shot know, as it seems Bentley may have done his ankle ligaments in, and with the form of Lennon over the World Cup, he may be in with a shout. If anything he's bumped his value up to at least 10m

--------------------------------- Reina ------------------------------
Johnson -------- Carra -------------- Skrtel ----------- Agger
---------------------------- Aquilani --------------------------------
Kuyt/Maxi ------------------ Gerrard ------------------- Cole*
--------------------- Torres ------------- Gyan*/Crouch*

Bench: Keißling*, Cavalieri, Babel/Pacheco, Lucas, Kyrgiakos

* = New players

Hopefully that's the case. I just hope he can maintain his form from the last 12 or so games of the last season.

If he's going to be moulded back into the attacking wingback role, it would make it even better to see Gio dos Santos stay or Joe Cole join.

But again, wishful thinking.

EDIT:

Forlan isn't a possibility imo. His age and loyalty to Atletico just doesn't make him interesting.
agreed. ive got to say, from the way he's moulding his side it looks like hes been watching SAF a lot,

I think Dos Santos might get a shot know, as it seems Bentley may have done his ankle ligaments in, and with the form of Lennon over the World Cup, he may be in with a shout. If anything he's bumped his value up to at least 10m

I agree Dos Santos really shone at the World Cup with Mexico,putting in some convincing performances so I am pretty sure Harry Redknapp is willing to take a closer look at him from now on

--------------------------------- Reina ------------------------------
Johnson -------- Carra -------------- Skrtel ----------- Agger
---------------------------- Aquilani --------------------------------
Kuyt/Maxi ------------------ Gerrard ------------------- Cole*
--------------------- Torres ------------- Gyan**/Crouch*

Bench: Keißling**, Cavalieri, Babel/Pacheco, Lucas, Kyrgiakos

* = New players

** = World Cup inspired signings ;)

Any team with Sktrel starting is asking for disaster, Agger at LB is wasting his talent

Because he would be good in the short term and would help some one the younger goalkeepers such as Fabianski and Mannone, he would also probably make quite a good coach.

Point accepted....although I can hardly see how much he can help Fabianski if the Fabianski cant have more confidence in his own abilities

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Last edited:
Point accepted....although I can hardly see how much he can help Fabianski if the Fabianski cant have more confidence in his own abilities

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Why would you put Agger at Left-Back if you have the likes of Dossena,Insua etc......they are not top-class left-backs but better than Agger surely
Dossena left...Seven months ago. Insua's on hid way out, unfortunately

** = World Cup inspired signings ;)

Any team with Sktrel starting is asking for disaster, Agger at LB is wasting his talent
Agger would only start there if we dont sign another LB oh ****, i left out jova :L

And Hodgson is rumoured to want kiessling and Gyan. Not sure if we will tho

I don't have a clue who are team will be, but at least we have a manager! :D

Fon Williams

Vincent Huntington Swailes Geoghagon

Pilkington Tansey Bolland Perkins Mainwaring

Donnelly.

We're linked with barely no-one and i'd like to see Donnely and Perkins back and we would need a right back.

Jovanovic has signed, mate. He did the other day, I made a thread about it, he said he never doubted his move even though Benitez left. That's him in my avatar :D We're favourites for Joe Cole, I know it's only bets, like, but it's nice to see http://www.oddschecker.com/football...le-specials/club-after-summer-transfer-window

I wouldn't mind Lassana Diarra, either. We certainly need a striker for Torres, he's getting more and more kicks every game, and he's dying up there on his lone, if it means us getting Ruiz, I'm happy with that

Ah right I was on holiday so I had no contact with the outside world :P

As for the odds that is a surprise, although I guess we have the cash now Benayoun is gone, we'll have to wait and see.

Torres needs a partner I agree, but personally I'd have Kuyt play alongside him or even a player like Heskey or Crouch but I can't really comment on Ruiz as I've never seen him play. The thing is we won't sign any big striker unless Torres is sold so we will need to make do with what we get but Hodgson will be good about getting the best out of players like N'gog and Jovanovic.

To be fair, yesterday we were third favouirtes, and a week before that, we were favourites Xd

Foster
Carr (c)
Ridgewell/Konchesky
Johnson
Dann
McFadden
N'Zogbia
Ferguson
Bowyer/Charlie Adam :wub:
Jerome
Boyd

I'd have Bobby Zamora over Boyd but I can't see it happening.

Bit of a fail.

Actual team:

Foster
Carr/Jiranek
Ridge/Murphy
Johnson
Dann
Larsson/Hleb
McFadden/Beausejour
Ferguson/Michel
Gardner/Bowyer
Zigic/Jerome