Linecoigne's FIFA World League - a Chairman game

Sorry I didn't do the update the other night. I've been so busy with coursework all week and whenever I've had free time I just haven't been in the mood to do an update.

Definitely wont be be able to do one this weekend. Spending the weekend in London and going to Wembley for the FA Cup final. I'll try and find the time next week :)

Is this still going?
It is but my exams just got over so I didn't find myself on my computer that much in the past day or two plus I wanted to give people time to put out their own updates... Today is also very busy for me so next update should come tomorrow.
Sorry I didn't do the update the other night. I've been so busy with coursework all week and whenever I've had free time I just haven't been in the mood to do an update.

Definitely wont be be able to do one this weekend. Spending the weekend in London and going to Wembley for the FA Cup final. I'll try and find the time next week :)
No worries mate, the new update might come out during the weekend so you can just include that month's results in your update next week :)

Sorry about the delay, been busy with graduation stuff lately so I've not been able to regularly update my King of Rome story and this... New update to come out soon! :)

View attachment 149296
January update

Game in hand

View attachment 149295

A solid victory for Barcelona who continue their strong form this season against on-form Juventus.

Matchday 17

View attachment 149294

Strong showings from Barcelona, Juventus, Dortmund, Arsenal, PSG and Inter got them all impresive wins against Valencia, Manchester United, Leverkusen, Chelsea, Bayern and Atletico as Sevilla also won the all-Spanish clash against Real Madrid and Tottenham lost at the Lane against Manchester City. Corinthians continue their bad run of form with another loss, this time against Benfica.

Matchday 18

View attachment 149286

PSG seem to have found a perfect fit in Louis Van Gaal as manager as he guided them to yet another win, thanks to a goal from his former player Martial. Bayern smashed Dortmund as Leverkusen won against Real Madrid, with Asensio controversially scoring against his parent club. Benfica and Valencia drew 2-2 and so did Sevilla and Manchester City. It almost looked like it would be the same scoreline at Old Trafford but Lukaku scored the winner in a game which saw 3 of MU's new signings score. Chelsea and Tottenham could also only draw 2-2 and Arsenal battled Juventus to get a 3-2 victory.

Some big surprises this week as Juventus destroyed Atletico 4-0 and Leverkusen grabbed a late winner against PSG to end the Frenchies' good run of form. Benfica also beat Bayern despite going a goal down inside 10 minutes which was nothing short of impressive. In other news, Real Madrid could only draw against Tottenham whilst Dortmund beat Sevilla 2-1, thanks to a goal from Berardi. Arsenal, Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Inter and Valencia all drew 1-1 with each other as the last goals of the week came from Barcelona as they smashed Corinthians 3-0.

Matchday 20

View attachment 149272

The end of January saw a big game between Barcelona and Bayern and it wasn't as close as people expected it to be. A 3-1 win for the Blaugranas impressed the Barca fans who can now hope for the title as Manchester City beat Real Madrid with the same scoreline. PSG made up for their loss against Leverkusen with a narrow win against Sevilla and Juventus beat Valencia 2-0. Dortmund and Tottenham drew, thanks to 2 goals in the last 7 minutes from Vardy and Alli. Benfica won yet again, this time against Leverkusen whilst Manchester United will have to play without Ramos next game despite getting the 3 points against Chelsea. Atletico and Arsenal drew 1-1 and Corinthians got an impressive win against Inter.

January awards

View attachment 149271The players of the month

View attachment 149270The young players of the month

View attachment 149269The managers of the month

View attachment 149268The team of the month

And here's the league table with 14 games left in the season:

View attachment 149267
Juventus and Barcelona are leading the pack in terms of the title race and both can hope for a good league finish this season with Manchester United and City close behind them. Real Madrid still in 13th very surprisingly whilst Van Gaal's debut month and a half with PSG has been nothing short of exceptional. Atletico are struggling a little bit compared to last season but still not doing too bad although their fans will want better performances in the future, just like Bayern fans.

We do the hard work in beating Juve, only to randomly lose to mid table Atletico... Will try and get a proper update out tomorrow

I've been a few days MIA (even I have social life every once a blue moon XD) and look what I found on my way back...

-The team underperforms terribly and managed to hit rock bottom of the league.
-I missed the winter transfer market.
-The AI managed to get us indebted due to the "brilliant idea" that is splash the cash in trash (Out of the three transfers made two were innecessary as they don't improve the team level at all... and while the third actually does (Gino Peruzzi is one **** of a right back) once again was far from being a necessity due to having Jedvaj... who the AI neglected the whole time and sent out on loan again despite being THE BEST RIGHT BACK WE HAVE... and thank goodness Porto relegated, since the AI could have gotten me in trouble with Peruzzi's deal otherwise).
-Çalhanoglu proved to be a S Rank traitor (way to bite the hand that fed you Hakan...¬¬)

I knew it was gonna be hard but dang... This could be defined as playing FM on Expert mode difficulty.

Oh well... let's focus on the bright side...

-The team is starting to recover and seems to be on the right path once again.
-We made it to the Cup's quarter final (which could mean a huge morale boost for the lads).

I've already taken the necessary screenshots to cover anything that happened between my last post here and my return to activity, depending if I have plans today or not I'll post my update either tonight or tomorrow/monday.

Once again I'm sorry for my sudden lack of participation, but sometimes can't be helped I guess...^^U

.P.S.: I'll worry about the club's debt if we survive.

(Sorry for posting this so late but I couldn't access the forum yesterday at all, I tried but it didn't let me though).

View attachment 148196

Bayer's half season's report (October-January)

View attachment 148194

Rocky first half of the season for the Aspirin team, despite its relatively good start World's top flight proved to be a harder than anticipated stage for the German squad wasn't unable to secure a single win in the next 5 oficial matches... including 3 losses in a row and 4 matches where Bayer was unable to score a single goal.

That predictable slump dropped the team into the league's rock bottom... But that seemed to spark the German squad as once again started to improve their game getting some important wins, some of them surprising as they somehow managed to defeat teams like Real Madrid and PSG that became a huge morale boost for a squad that everyone considers as relegation fodder despite their struggles.

On the other hand the cup run is proving to be unexpectedly succesful as the Aspirin team managed to make it all the way to the quarter finals leaving behind some really tough opposition as Lazio or Valencia. This is good news as it will inject money on Bayer's lacking budget and boost the players' morale to try and make a miracle during the second half... on both fronts.

View attachment 148191
Bacca's struggles to avoid his second relegation in a row are keeping Leverkusen alive in the top flight.

View attachment 148190

Poor start for Bayer Leverkusen on their first season as "World's Elites" where they even got to hit rock bottom during a short yet dreadful streak, but the team managed to somehow overcome it and they face the second half with chances to escape relegation... The odds are against the Aspirin team but they have it crystal clear: They can and they WILL make a miracle.

Who's open to me opening this again? I could just start a new one if anyone's interested, I have a lot of time on my hands the coming weeks and thought this would be a good way to occupy myself :D

Who's open to me opening this again? I could just start a new one if anyone's interested, I have a lot of time on my hands the coming weeks and thought this would be a good way to occupy myself :D

A new one please. :p