List of Match Engine Exploits

• Thread starter Thread starter W4NKER
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 71
  • Views Views 93K

W4NKER

Reaction score
Hello there. Starting to get a wee bit bored of FM12 so I'm looking to develop myself a tactic that exploits as many of the match engine flaws as possible, just for a bit of craic. A tactic that can massively overachieve, say, etting Wigan into the Champions League first season. To do so, I first must realise what all the exploits are...

So far I've found:

- Near Post corner exploit

- High Pressing

- Hard Tackling

- 3 Central Strikers

- Narrow formation

- Slow Tempo

- Zonal Marking

- Through the Middle

- Counter Attacks

So I ask FM Base tactical geniuses are there any more? Thanks

Last edited:
You already have à thread on the subject. Which one would you like to be kept open ?

On Topic:
Narrow formation, slow tempo, loose zonal marking, focus play through the middle, counter attacks, 3FC, corner exploit, High press, hard tackling = an exploiting approach. Thats it really.

Looking towards tactic which would exploit all of them :D

On Topic:
Narrow formation, slow tempo, loose zonal marking, focus play through the middle, counter attacks, 3FC, corner exploit, High press, hard tackling = an exploiting approach. Thats it really.
Thanks TBH. Surprised by 'through the middle'. Some of the better tactics I've downloaded tend to be 'down both flanks' but I'll give it a go, cheers

Thanks TBH. Surprised by 'through the middle'. Some of the better tactics I've downloaded tend to be 'down both flanks' but I'll give it a go, cheers

Well, it does not matter what focus play one uses in à wingless formation as the focus play are ALWAYS through the middle.

when do you think the new tactic is done?

Is the strikers marking the defenders an exploit? if so the formation could be a 3-1-2-1-3 with two strikers marking the cb's and one marking one fb leaving the other free and having a trequartista behind the strikers to run from deep.

Hello there. Starting to get a wee bit bored of FM12 so I'm looking to develop myself a tactic that exploits as many of the match engine flaws as possible, just for a bit of craic. A tactic that can massively overachieve, say, etting Wigan into the Champions League first season. To do so, I first must realise what all the exploits are...

So far I've found:

- Near Post corner exploit

- High Pressing

- Hard Tackling

- 3 Central Strikers

- Narrow formation

- Slow Tempo

- Zonal Marking

- Through the Middle

- Counter Attacks

So I ask FM Base tactical geniuses are there any more? Thanks

High Pressing and hard tackling is not an exploit, it just an attacking style of playing and can be disastrous in FM if played against a superior team just like in irl. Also, that goals and more goals striker setup is not an exploit either imo. If you played a striker as a poacher, set as TM with run onto ball as the supply, he will score loads as well if there is good supply.

For defending corners set the full backs on both posts, this results in virtually no goals being conceded from free kicks.

High Pressing and hard tackling is not an exploit, it just an attacking style of playing and can be disastrous in FM if played against a superior team just like in irl. Also, that goals and more goals striker setup is not an exploit either imo. If you played a striker as a poacher, set as TM with run onto ball as the supply, he will score loads as well if there is good supply.

Correct. Its not an exploit but an exploiting tactic would be even more exploiting using the settings. Also, the tactic would be less exploiting if using à target man with run into ball as just too many balls would be played in haste and from deep onto him BEFORE the outer FCs has dragged the DCs out Of position.
À

a lot of people wont update the game because its easy win games on 12.0.4 patch with tactics like "devasto"

i noticed the issue on 12.0.4 with kilmarnock when i won the league lol, i felt like god untill i seen everyone had the same achivement with whatever team they used.

Back