List of Match Engine Exploits

• Thread starter Thread starter W4NKER
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 71
  • Views Views 93K
it requires to be set up in a specific way

for a 442 formation with the ML taking the corners, Adjust to your tactic but keep the same set up if you know what i mean.

DL - Stay back
DCL - Stay back
DCR - Challenge GK
DR - Stay back

ML - Forward - Corner taker
MC - Stay back
MC - Attack ball from deap
MR - Short Option

Have your best forward Regerdless of heading set to Attack near Post
then use the 2nd forward Lurk outside area

you should score about 30 a season on average if set up like this.
If less people are in the box the Computer thinks it doesnt need as many in the 6 yard area to defend so they are more spread out across the Pen area. leaving the Attack near post to get like 3 to 6 shots on target each game from a corner.

Plus if you have your DC on challenge GK the Oposition Defenders will have the mark Tallest set to him leaving your Average Forward to nip in and grab the goals, Notice how he Doesnt always head them in, He takes it down and Kicks them in meaning having a Forward at Attack near post means you will score more as he has better First touch, Technique and finnishing then the Classic Defender Corners exploit.

If you leave the Free kick attacks to Default and dont touch them the corner tactic Kinda take effect there aswell, just make sure set the same 4 players to Stay back from the Attack Corner and set the Delivery to near post.

By default do you mean the players that are in the box during the corners on default?

Going to make a tactic taking these things into consideration and using some exploits I know of myself!

If you wasnt planning on uploading the tactic is there any chance u could send me it pls.

Hey, W4anker, sorryu might be off topic but is the grid tatic u linked to any good? might try that while we await your genius.

The grid tactic is the best tactic I have used. Get fast forwards and a good Dm and its works a treat. It works just as good with lower teams as well. Its the only tactic I have ever used where I did not have to tinker with anything.

I remember a tactic earlier in the year that was a 3-6-1 and was designed to counter attack, having more players attacking and in space was very effective (so if you can set up constant counter attacks, that would help your tactic outnumber the opponent and catch them out).

Maybe using a 4-1-2-3 with full backs put in the Wing back position so you could outnumber the opponent quickly?

Presumably using the wide central strikers to create space for your STC is exploitative so possibly having them mark Full backs might mean when you get the ball the move into channels from a wider position?

Are there any particular formations that confuse the match engine/AI? I know some people are saying that 3 Strikers is but what about others, like 3 Centre Backs?

For example, there was a tactic in CM01/02 that destroyed teams and it looked like so...

GK
DC DC
DM DM
MC MC
AM AM
ST ST​

Looking forward to it
No it was iodineCF which got the best result from the tactic league
GK
DR DC DC DL
DM
MC MC
AM AM
ST

and there's a weird formation that score average 3 goals/match (most in the league)
GK

DM DM DM
MC MC MC
AM AM AM
ST

you can find it here:

I've seen this tactic, and the explanation of the author. Very good.

What tweaks have you made? It allready as the corners and the 3 strikers
Moved one CM to DM, tweaked striker settings, changed width, mentality, closing down, tackling, focus passing

Hi people, you were talking about this formation
GK
DC DC
DM DM
MC MC
AM AM
ST ST
So i decided to make my tactic using 2-2-2-2-2 formation and here is the first result with this tactic View attachment 257783.Yes I know that is not strong team but 11CCC's it's really much and i only set to estrada shot from distance sometimes cause he has got 16 long shots on my save,and he has scored some goals from distance.

I've used the grid tactic and the results are very good, but still in friendlies.

Moved one CM to DM, tweaked striker settings, changed width, mentality, closing down, tackling, focus passing

Some questions:

You now pay with 2 DMC?
The striker settings are those that are here in the forum? If so, do you put target man?
The rest will change the possession?

If this is correct, you should upload it because its a brand new tactic m8!

Hi people, you were talking about this formation GKDC DCDM DMMC MCAM AMST STSo i decided to make my tactic using 2-2-2-2-2 formation and here is the first result with this tactic View attachment 257783.Yes I know that is not strong team but 11CCC's it's really much and i only set to estrada shot from distance sometimes cause he has got 16 long shots on my save,and he has scored some goals from distance.

Interesting post, I've just started using a 2-2-2-1-3 trying to mix some of the idea's in the thread together, hope it works as I've got a large amount of decent Central players

.My only note so far would be that it seems well placed to retain possession, hopefully it can create chances against bigger times.

EDIT: its now a 2-2-1-2-3, I'll update at some point when I've played some matches.

Last edited:
Interesting post, I've just started using a 2-2-2-1-3 trying to mix some of the idea's in the thread together, hope it works as I've got a large amount of decent Central players

.My only note so far would be that it seems well placed to retain possession, hopefully it can create chances against bigger times.

EDIT: its now a 2-2-1-2-3, I'll update at some point when I've played some matches.

ok man, no problem, ligue 1 my first match was win against auxerre 8-2, toloi has scored own goal, and my goalkeeper made a mistake and that was ccc for them which they have used, so first you must upload your results first than we will see...

Back