Live - Man City v Swansea

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 214
  • Views Views 12K
Swansea looked pretty good last night. They passed the ball around but didn't look too much of a threat in the final third. I think they might stay up though, they have a few winable home games coming up that they have to take advantage of.

Man City looked good in the second half, Silva & Aguero look like they will link up well together and I also think Dzeko will have a decent season.

Aguero did well but i'll reserve judgement untill I see him play against a more established team, that wont give City the time and space they had against Swansea.

Wow, Joe can't post without having a go at United fans. There were only few here who said "Dont get carried away and few among them were not United fans".

Anyways on topic, seriously what did you expect from a player like Aguero? TBH I thought he will take time to adapt, but never doubted what he can do. Few years back at much younger age he alone shred Barca defense into pieces. He was that good. He can only improve. He has got the platform to shine now the whole world has to sit back and see what a great player Aguero is.

He was amazing for Atletico for years, only thing I was surprised is He hardly took a min to get the feel of the league.

I wouldn't worship him as of now If I was a City fan as Robinho's debut was as good as this. Yes he scored goal and lost the game but he was threat whole game against Mighty Chelsea defense.

Aguero has better work rate and physically in better shape to adapt to the league though.. Just a hint of caution..

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Kompany is world class, no doubt about it, really good team performance, as opposed to ten men and tevez

Thats very harsh on Tevez Mike. He carried City attack for 2 years. When they played so defensively against Chelsea he scored goals on his own to win games. City have improved drastically, they lacked creativity when Tevez was carrying their attack and he had to do it all alone.

Silva took time to adapt to the league, then Silva and Tevez combined really well. Then his saga started then he got injured all that ****.

Thats very harsh on Tevez Mike. He carried City attack for 2 years. When they played so defensively against Chelsea he scored goals on his own to win games. City have improved drastically, they lacked creativity when Tevez was carrying their attack and he had to do it all alone.

Silva took time to adapt to the league, then Silva and Tevez combined really well. Then his saga started then he got injured all that ****.

Actually, he's being harsh on the rest of the team, not Tevez.

They're all jumping on the bandwagon, probably don't even know where he gets the name Kun from.

A Japanese comic character is the answer but if I asked half of PL fans they would be clueless.

So? Does everyone have to know where peoples nicknames have come from? does everyone know why Luis Cunha is called Nani? why Ronaldo Moreira is called Ronaldinho? why Robson de Souza is called Robinho? why Nelson Silva is called Dida? why Xavier Hernandez is called Xavi? why Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite is called Kaka? why Sergio Valente is called Duda?

Thought not.

Can anyone get link me to a decent Man City formation like the one they played last night?? :D

Think one of the problems Swansea have is the lack of strength up front. Don't seem to have a problem passing the ball-looks like just need a bit more strength. I have a feeling they'll be staying up this season which will once again balls up my prediction for who stays up/goes down.

Its a good problem for him to have. Dzeko must start for me though

Not to be an *** or anything, but didn't you say people shouldn't overhype Agüero after his debut? Isn't saying Dzeko should be a 100% starter kinda the same? He's played so many matches and not impressed and now played one (or two, whatever) and suddently he's amazing?

Last edited:
Not to be an *** or anything, but didn't you say people shouldn't overhype Agüero after his debut? Isn't saying Dzeko should be a 100% starter kinda the same? He's played so many matches and not impressed and now played one (or two, whatever) and suddently he's amazing?

Dzeko has actually been steadily improving since he arrived, not to mention the fact that his runs have created space. Saying he should be a starter isnt the same thing. Its about a tactical approach, even last season he was creating this kind of movement.

What annoyed me the most was Alan Smith "A star is born". Er, Alan, he was already a star he's been carving teams up like that at Atletico. It's what he does, as if coming to the Prem suddenly validates star status

What annoyed me the most was Alan Smith "A star is born". Er, Alan, he was already a star he's been carving teams up like that at Atletico. It's what he does, as if coming to the Prem suddenly validates star status

Yeah but... It's Alan Smith...

Maybe he didn't follow him in La Liga, can't blame him though. Many don't.. He was always joy to watch. Will be very interesting season to see how he does well with better players..

So? Does everyone have to know where peoples nicknames have come from? does everyone know why Luis Cunha is called Nani? why Ronaldo Moreira is called Ronaldinho? why Robson de Souza is called Robinho? why Nelson Silva is called Dida? why Xavier Hernandez is called Xavi? why Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite is called Kaka? why Sergio Valente is called Duda?

Thought not.
I did specifically mention bandwagon jumpers and I did later describe the type of fan I was targeting...

Unless you are in the bracket of fans I described who doubt him on minute then claim he's the second coming then I can't see why you would pick that point up.

Not going to look into this result too much, City were by far the most dominant and imposing team that turned up on the opening weekend of fixtures but it is early days.

There is a theory that because Manchester City made base in America and then played a few games across the channel in Dublin then that means their fitness levels were far more settled than the teams who went to Asia in pre season. It was a very strange weekend of fixtures, alot of teams seemed to tire after 60-70 minutes and alot of people are attributing that to long haul pre season tours and lack of a disciplined pre season fitness programme. I personally wouldn't buy into that, I mean QPR and Warnock had a pretty routine/rigorous pre season fitness schedule and look how they faired...

No one's even mentioned how impressive Clichy was on his debut as well, think he will be a key signing for Mancini and will be sorely missed at Arsenal. Savic came on for 30 minutes as well and looked comfortable, just alot of positives to take out of this result for Manchester City no doubt about it.

Back