Live - Man City v Swansea

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 214
  • Views Views 12K
I put this out earlier tonight, Yaya and Silva...The best central midfield pairing in the Premier League by a country mile?

I couldn't think of any that come close...

Any suggestions?

I put this out earlier tonight, Yaya and Silva...The best central midfield pairing in the Premier League by a country mile?

Any suggestions?

For sure, Silva is just brilliant,and keeps getting better. He is the real key to any success for City

I mean it was against Swansea City, some PL fans are rather fickle.

Heard things like 'SAF signed the wrong Atleti player' <---Moron.

They're all jumping on the bandwagon, probably don't even know where he gets the name Kun from.

A Japanese comic character is the answer but if I asked half of PL fans they would be clueless.

Annoys me when people over exaggerate a display, people need a bit of perspective on the display and it was undoubtedly a brilliant debut but Britton was essentially a one man midfield and Yaya/Silva/Aguero just played triangles with him it was horrifying to watch at times.

That has literally nothing to do with anything. Although thank you for telling us, now I can go and impress all of my friends! oO)

Don't personally think a person's will to Google something makes them smarter or stupider as far as the Kün nickname goes.

Haha, very true.

If the world was honest it would be a good indicator

I'd to see where anyone had a go at city fans on this thread...

Didnt really aim it at this thread, but a lot of utd fans (and stockport fans, lol) are having a go at us for enjoying aguero's debut, pathetic really.

They're all jumping on the bandwagon, probably don't even know where he gets the name Kun from.

Not to sound rude, or stupid, but why does that matter if people think he is a good player or not?

EDIT: Buggerycunt, zoomed by about 1000000 people. fml.

Any suggestions?

Not at the moment i wouldnt think so no, when all fit and playing well Essien, Mikel and Lampard work very well together but at the moment Yaya and Silva are very good indeed.

I mean half of the PL fans not on the forum...

I just meant that everyone who was using the ''well he isn't PL proven'' argument before today, and afterwards are claiming he's the second coming. That's the sort of bandwagon some people are jumping on...

Not people who are praising how good of a player he is because that's genuine respect/admiration, it's the people who one minute say ''we need to wait and see, he's not PL proven and I think he will struggle'' then after 30 minutes of game time start saying he's the second coming of the Messiah...

Also to all the people that say dont judge him on his debut.

In the history books, I wonder what the percentage is of players that have great debuts that go onto become great signings. I would guess about 80-90%.

If one of Shels players did this on his debut all Shels fans (yes there is more than one) would be very optimistic about his stay at the club.

I can understand City fans joy

some people amaze me, especially some utd fans, city fans are of course happy aguero got a debut brace and played like an absolute babe, but no there are always some people who have to take it away from us, stop being bitter and jealous and learn to accept that we are buying the best players,

Exactly, you are buying the best players. It's not that much to be proud of, because when if win the league (big big big if) it wont be much deserved, maybe a bit, but mainly it will be down to the Shieks chequebook.

i know im sounding like a tool right now but some people really annoy me. Utd fans bummed cleverley after 45 minutes playing well against a team who werent even trying but we cant *** aguero? ridiculous. Aaaaandy's post earlier on was completely spot on, well said.

You are sounding like a tool :P ... but the reason we bummed him is because he was trained from a young age as a raw talent by the club and we had a right to as he was exceptional for what he was, a proper home grown player. Now City on the other hand are bumming a £30m+ signing who we knew was good anyways.

Last edited:
Exactly, you are buying the best players. It's not that much to be proud of, because when if win the league (big big big if) it wont be much deserved, maybe a bit, but mainly it will be down to the Shieks chequebook.

You are sounding like a tool :P ... but the reason we bummed him is because he was trained from a young age as a raw talent by the club and we had a right to as he was exceptional for what he was, a proper home grown player. Now City on the other hand are bumming a £30m+ signing who we knew was good anyways.

What? Cleverley had a good season at Wigan and a good half against City. Doesnt make him the new Scholes. Hypocrital to praise him and then say anything about Aguero

City have every right to happy with his performance.

Nonsensical post

How will it not be deserved? So what if they've had a lot of money pumped into them? If there was no takeovers the leagues would stay pretty much the same and it would be boring. Most successful teams have spent a lot of money at some point. And I would say buying the best players in the world is something to be proud of, obviously if you bring them through it's better, but how many teams can do that?

What? Cleverley had a good season at Wigan and a good half against City. Doesnt make him the new Scholes. Hypocrital to praise him and then say anything about Aguero

City have every right to happy with his performance.

Nonsensical post

Im not saying that, happy yes, but you cant be bumming him like that for above reasons, also you cant compare Cleverely & Aguero, Aguero people knew he was prawn, Cleverley he had a good season at Wigan ... wasnt outstanding, no-one expected how he performed now though.

Wow.

Are you actually disabled?

If not, you probably are..

If you are, stop making disabled people look bad.

Cleverley he had a good season at Wigan ... wasnt outstanding, no-one expected how he performed now though.

Calm down, he's had a couple of good games, which everyone can have, but it does show he has some potential to turn into a good player.

Calm down, he's had a couple of good games, which everyone can have, but it does show he has some potential to turn into a good player.

This is what i was talking about earlier. HE HAD ONE GOOD HALF!

If anything there should be even less talk about cleverley.

No wonder Joe is annoyed

Im not saying that, happy yes, but you cant be bumming him like that for above reasons, also you cant compare Cleverely & Aguero, Aguero people knew he was prawn, Cleverley he had a good season at Wigan ... wasnt outstanding, no-one expected how he performed now though.

he has had one good half, then decent against west brom. and yes everyone who paid any attention to him knew he was a good young player

Can we move on to talk about how solid Kompany was yet again?

Got to be up there in terms of PL CB's, can't think of many better...Maybe 1-2 but that is it.

Really has improved year on year, massive asset to Manchester City's success his tackles/reading the game today were absolutely sublime.

VILLA SHOULDVE SIGNED AGUERO FFS RANDY OUT MCLEISH OUT

Good game from him, but I was more interested in Dzeko. Finally finding his feet, which is good news for City and bad news for everyone else.

Back