Live - Man City v Swansea

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 214
  • Views Views 12K
VILLA SHOULDVE SIGNED AGUERO FFS RANDY OUT MCLEISH OUT

Good game from him, but I was more interested in Dzeko. Finally finding his feet, which is good news for City and bad news for everyone else.

Dzeko was tank, created space to Silva to dominate

fans are obviously going to *** their own players aguero was awesome tonight but he was playing against a side who have just come up to the premier league.

i highly doubt he would have done what hes done tonight if city were playing united or chelsea.

great player no doubt about it but he was much much sterner tests to come.

he will be kissing the badge next week lol.

VILLA SHOULDVE SIGNED AGUERO FFS RANDY OUT MCLEISH OUT

Good game from him, but I was more interested in Dzeko. Finally finding his feet, which is good news for City and bad news for everyone else.
He showed something in his game he lacked in the 2nd half of last season, aggression and top notch ball control. Would not surprise me if he gets 25+ goals this season.

Can we move on to talk about how solid Kompany was yet again?

Got to be up there in terms of PL CB's, can't think of many better...Maybe 1-2 but that is it.

Really has improved year on year, massive asset to Manchester City's success his tackles/reading the game today were absolutely sublime.

Kompany is world class, no doubt about it, really good team performance, as opposed to ten men and tevez

Can we move on to talk about how solid Kompany was yet again?

Got to be up there in terms of PL CB's, can't think of many better...Maybe 1-2 but that is it.

Really has improved year on year, massive asset to Manchester City's success his tackles/reading the game today were absolutely sublime.

i can only think of vidic who i would take over him. definitely the top 2 cb's in the league by a mile probably europe too along with thiago silva

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Kompany is world class, no doubt about it, really good team performance, as opposed to ten men and tevez
The only player I don't personally rate is Lescott, every other player on the pitch I rate extremely highly.

Just think he lacks that extra facet to his game to turn him into a world class CB.

I would go for (at the minute) the 2 best CB's in the Premier League as Vidic/Kompany. Luiz will no doubt become one in the next 2 years but at the minute those 2 are the standouts for me and either would walk into a Real Madrid/AC/Inter/Barcelona back line.

Aguero looked ace when he came on tonight, but alllllllll about Silva if you ask me. He is a little gem and doesn't even get in the Spanish National team. Just to throw one out, would be interesting to see how Aguero gets on against Stoke...

The only player I don't personally rate is Lescott, every other player on the pitch I rate extremely highly.

Just think he lacks that extra facet to his game to turn him into a world class CB.

I would go for (at the minute) the 2 best CB's in the Premier League as Vidic/Kompany. Luiz will no doubt become one in the next 2 years but at the minute those 2 are the standouts for me and either would walk into a Real Madrid/AC/Inter/Barcelona back line.
Lescott is solid and very average, and not getting any better

Was fuming thought I had Dzeko first goal 3-0 and when Ageuro scored was going mental with the **** checked online and my balance had a cool 180 quid in had 4-0 on love it.

Anyways City were impressive espeically without Tevez if they keep him and get his head sorted will be interesting, although Dzeko for me was good tonight

Lescott is solid and very average, and not getting any better

God forbid being solid.... sigh.

Kompany for me is the best CB in the league along with Vidic, and they are ahead by absolutely miles.

God forbid being solid.... sigh.

Kompany for me is the best CB in the league along with Vidic, and they are ahead by absolutely miles.

Where did i say that was a problem? Stop being so defensive

Aguero looked ace when he came on tonight, but alllllllll about Silva if you ask me. He is a little gem and doesn't even get in the Spanish National team. Just to throw one out, would be interesting to see how Aguero gets on against Stoke...
Didn't Tevez tear them apart in the 37th game of last season?

Think it was a midweek game and after the cup final and Tevez tore them apart, quick/sharp/strong/short strikers normally succeed in the PL. Suarez/Torres/Aguero/Rooney (Well Rooney's not the tallest)

Stoke wouldn't be a worry for me, big CB's who lack mobility and a quick sharp low centre of gravity striker could turn them on a 50p coin so I wouldn't worry about it personally.

A good, if unspectacular, performance from City. Aguro impressive, but no need to get wax lyrical. IMO biggest pluses for City were Dzeko and Silva. Swansea were not disastrous, there were some small signs of encouragement for them. Better teams may well be beaten by more than 4 goals against City

A good, if unspectacular, performance from City. Aguro impressive, but no need to get wax lyrical. IMO biggest pluses for City were Dzeko and Silva. Swansea were not disastrous, there were some small signs of encouragement for them. Better teams may well be beaten by more than 4 goals against City

So many people seem to have ignored all the work Dzeko did today.

I think Johnson worked hard today as well, even Milner looked lively when he came on...

Balotelli will now do one of two things; he will sulk, or he will come back and prove himself to Mancini and get his head down...

Looking at Anelka/Drogba and how tired they looked, it is pretty clear who has the best strikeforce in the Premier League by a pretty big country mile...

I think Johnson worked hard today as well, even Milner looked lively when he came on...

Balotelli will now do one of two things; he will sulk, or he will come back and prove himself to Mancini and get his head down...

Looking at Anelka/Drogba and how tired they looked, it is pretty clear who has the best strikeforce in the Premier League by a pretty big country mile...

The two best strike forces are in Manchester

Its a good problem for him to have. Dzeko must start for me though

And I think he will. IMO he could have a good season without Tevez if Dzeko is given the chance to be main striker. In a weird way, Tevez leaving might turn out to be a blessing in disguise. City have enough options without him.

The two best strike forces are in Manchester
*Cough* Suarez *Cough* Carroll ;).

Chelsea have a very good strike force, probably better than City (Torres, Anelka, Drogba, Kalou, Sturridge, and youngsters) and I wouldn't overrate City after this performance, they still have a lot of work to do, their fans have a habit of being overconfident due to their vast amounts of cash.

Dzeko is a legend, always rated him and I think he should be 'Target Man > Attack' with Aguero 'Poacher > Attack' and with Adam Johnson/Milner/other good Manchester City wingers delivering good crosses, they should succeed.

Back