Live - Premier League D-Day

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 316
  • Views Views 13K
I feel gutted for Blackpool and Ian Holloway- I have to admitt I hated Holloway at the start of the season for the way he left Argyle a few years ago, but the things he said and done this season, has won me over.

Blackpool deserved to stay up but hey, thats football. I thought Brum would go down today, too boring for this league imo. They are a bit of a Yo-Yo club.

united lifting the trophy, does it hurt chelsea, arsenal, man city and dare i forget liverpool!!!

For anyone who says the Premier League isn't the best in the world......close the door on your way out please.

Hold on a second..
Fulham got a red card today. Blackpool have won the Fair Play league.

Birmingham, Blackpool and Spurs will be in the Europa League next season!

Is that true, or..?

Blackpool/Stoke/B'ham/Spurs in Europa league next season
great.....

Is Bloomfield Road even up to UEFA Standards, to host European Football?

Is Bloomfield Road even up to UEFA Standards, to host European Football?
The Den hosted European football when Millwall were in the UEFA Cup. Of course it is up to standards have you seen some of the stadiums in Eastern Europe?

Really doubt Blackpool will get through the qualifiers

Think the same. When the squad breaks up after all's done and dusted, they'll definately struggle. If they were able to keep the squad together, may have been different, and imo would've pretty much walked the Championship next season.

The Den hosted European football when Millwall were in the UEFA Cup. Of course it is up to standards have you seen some of the stadiums in Eastern Europe?

Ok. I was just checking, not sure what the capacity is there :)

1842: FAIR PLAY LEAGUE UPDATE
As it stands Macca: "It seems it's unlikely we're going to get confirmation tonight of Fulham - or otherwise - in the Europa League next season through the Fair Play rankings. Their final day red card has led to speculation Blackpool could even take their place, but the points system also takes into account positive play, respect towards officials and opponents etc so it may take a while."

Wanted Wigan to go down so we could steal Insomnia. Glad Brum went down, don't really want any of their players though.

Ok. I was just checking, not sure what the capacity is there :)
Loftus Road has also hosted European football when Fulham were in the UEFA Cup in 2002.
Loftus Road - 19,100
Bloomfield Road - 16,750
So not too much difference in capacity but yes the stadium would be suitable for European football

Back