Live - Premier League

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 128
  • Views Views 5K
Emile Heskey is a goal scoring machine !!!

2-1 villa great header from the big man

wow i have only just found out the Utd-Bolton score as i was shopping but now i am a happy man indeed. This should be a massive wake up call to everyone at Chelsea and hopefully they learn from this because they can now write this weekend off. Like you Utd fans kept saying and rightly so that you had 2 more points that what you gained last season with draws against Everton and Fulham, well not anymore because you just lost them 2 points as you beat Bolton away last season 4-0. Look as much as people might not agree i actually respect Man Utd because when they set out to do things they usally do unlike many other teams but its clear that something is not clicking at the moment.

On the game now Ben Arfa is a sensational talent he really is.

wow i have only just found out the Utd-Bolton score as i was shopping but now i am a happy man indeed. This should be a massive wake up call to everyone at Chelsea and hopefully they learn from this because they can now write this weekend off. Like you Utd fans kept saying and rightly so that you had 2 more points that what you gained last season with draws against Everton and Fulham, well not anymore because you just lost them 2 points as you beat Bolton away last season 4-0. Look as much as people might not agree i actually respect Man Utd because when they set out to do things they usally do unlike many other teams but its clear that something is not clicking at the moment.

On the game now Ben Arfa is a sensational talent he really is.
you always do this. you're silent except when you think you think have an opportunity to take a pop at other sides. We're not in great nick, but then i cant remember the last time we were early on in the season. Best start for 5 years, and thats with half the side badly out of form. I would take that anyday. Take a look at at our results over the last decade at this time. Different teams same old pattern, nothing new here.

you always do this. you're silent except when you think you think have an opportunity to take a pop at other sides. We're not in great nick, but then i cant remember the last time we were early on in the season. Best start for 5 years, and thats with half the side badly out of form. I would take that anyday. Take a look at at our results over the last decade at this time. Different teams same old pattern, nothing new here.

Im never silent and i give credit where its due like saying City deserved the win yesterday. Like i said im not begrudging people from saying we have more points than last season etc because its true but when things go wrong like today people will bring them back up like i would expect you to do the same to me if we fail to beat Arsenal next week.

but you keep going on about "something majorly wrong". its just united being slack at the start of the season, something we do every season, but cant seem to cut out. we are being much more aggressive in our play away from home, but its putting pressure on our defense, and they are not being switched on enough, hence high scoring draws.

but you keep going on about "something majorly wrong". its just united being slack at the start of the season, something we do every season, but cant seem to cut out. we are being much more aggressive in our play away from home, but its putting pressure on our defense, and they are not being switched on enough, hence high scoring draws.

Im just looking and last season we all know who won the league and im just looking at your first 6 results last season and you had 15 points after 6 games and this season you have 12. The difference was i think you could grit out results last season like in your 6th game against City.

Im just looking and last season we all know who won the league and im just looking at your first 6 results last season and you had 15 points after 6 games and this season you have 12. The difference was i think you could grit out results last season like in your 6th game against City.

which was infront off 70,000 home fans which helps a great deal

But im just making the point that you started really well last season.
yeah and then we had a dreadful next two months. it means nothing 6 games into the season. you cant draw conclusions this early on

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

by the way, last time we won the league, we had 11 points at this stage...

yeah and then we had a dreadful next two months. it means nothing 6 games into the season. you cant draw conclusions this early on

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

by the way, last time we won the league, we had 11 points at this stage...

If i can't draw conclutions niether can you lol. And everytime Chelsea have won their first 5 games of a season they have gone on the win the league that season.

If i can't draw conclutions niether can you lol. And everytime Chelsea have won their first 5 games of a season they have gone on the win the league that season.
ive not been. thats exactly what ive been trying to get across for vast majority of the thread, the results for this weekend tell you exactly that. lets see where the sides are in two months before we start seeing whether teams are dominant, or in trouble, and even then anything can happen. the lower sides are getting better at home, starting to show no fear, and arent just sitting back away, they will come to nick something if you slack off (arsenal)

Last edited:

reading through the comments, he isn't. the only one making conclutions with your stupid "oh we have 2 more points than we did this time last season" theory. 6 games in and United are the only other team apart from Fulham to remain unbeaten. I may sound like a broken record but thats unbeaten after a far tougher start to the season.

reading through the comments, he isn't. the only one making conclutions with your stupid "oh we have 2 more points than we did this time last season" theory. 6 games in and United are the only other team apart from Fulham to remain unbeaten. I may sound like a broken record but thats unbeaten after a far tougher start to the season.

yer you are unbeaten and its worth noting that, but you can't tell me Utd have been playing as good as they could do because if they was they would have maximum points. It just seems that a few players have no confidence this season at the moment. O'Shea has been poor, Evans has been poor, Fletcher has been more limited because of the form of Scholes, Rooney is out of form, right back seems to be a huge issue for Utd also. Im just saying i still thourouly believe the title will be between Chelsea and Utd but im just stating what i believe to be as Rafa would say ''facts''.

yer you are unbeaten and its worth noting that, but you can't tell me Utd have been playing as good as they could do because if they was they would have maximum points. It just seems that a few players have no confidence this season at the moment. O'Shea has been poor, Evans has been poor, Fletcher has been more limited because of the form of Scholes, Rooney is out of form, right back seems to be a huge issue for Utd also. Im just saying i still thourouly believe the title will be between Chelsea and Utd but im just stating what i believe to be as Rafa would say ''facts''.

playing well? we dominated all 3 homes game so far, we have been very unlucky not to win away to Fulham and Everton, today was the only game this season i think we havent been good enough. we have scored on average 2 goals every game whether it be home or away with what you call "a team of players who aren't on form" the only reason pundits etc aren't singing our praises is because the start (again lesser teams) you have beat by 6-0. your first real test of the season and you lost, sets it up to be a great rest of the season.

you've seemingly ignored anything ive posted. again this is nothing new at the start of the season. cant be bother to state the same things again. the facts that you are keen to state show the same picture every season start. we start badly, which playerd out of form and stillw e always stay in touch at the top. No crisis, no massive problems, just united being slow. jonathan wilson picked up on this in great article which is on this forum, suggest you take a read.

i thought the way the "lower" sides approached this weekend was fantastic. if they kep it up this could be a brilliant premiership this yeat

A small interjection:

Emile Heskey. :wub:
didnt see the game today, but under houiller its a mini revival for him, has he got the side approacing the game in a different way?

saw young in the amc slot last game and he was quite frankly phenomenal

Heskey's on a goalscoring mission.

He's a legend, and I've always said that. Wub him lots. :wub:

didnt see the game today, but under houiller its a mini revival for him, has he got the side approacing the game in a different way?

saw young in the amc slot last game and he was quite frankly phenomenal

Houllier's got Villa playing an interesting 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1 shape with no true playmaker as such. Got a big target man up top with Ashley Young playing around him, and (a revived) Downing and Albrighton stretching the pitch on either side. Downing's good defensively, and although Albrighton needs to work on that aspect, those trio mean that we have spades of natural width.

Ash's superb off the ball movement drags around defenders, making outside-to-in runs, and Heskey's a handful that can keep two defenders occupied at the same time. Our defence was always good, and Cuellar is a more than capable backup for Dunne, whilst Collins is a beast. Brad the Elder bailed us out a couple of times, superb keeper that he is, whilst even more width is provided now that Houllier has dispensed with MON's wierd fascination with playing a centre-back at full-back. Now we have Warnock and Luke Young, we've got proper, good defensive but also solid going going forward, full-backs.

Really though, what I'm most pleased with is Nigel Reo-Coker being put into the side. I'm a big fan of NRC - he's a terrier, never stops running, and he makes superb late runs into the box. Stiliyan Petrov was a bit anonymous, but his distribution was as tidy as always, and having two solid midfielders in the centre of the park allows the three of Albrighton, Downing and Young is rotate fluidly at will behind Heskey.

So yeah, pleased with the result.

Back