Live - Saturday football

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 130
  • Views Views 6K
I dont think the ref had a choice because of how bad it looked tbh.

Yeah, it's one of those one's where the ref can go either way. Some days, that is a yellow but I reckon Karl Henry's reputation wouldn't have helped him while the ref was making his mid up.

very bad tackle, deserved a red imo. I dont like the way wolves are playing at the moment, its a disgrace to football.

Yeah, it's one of those one's where the ref can go either way. Some days, that is a yellow but I reckon Karl Henry's reputation wouldn't have helped him while the ref was making his mid up.
To be honest his reputation shouldn't really change the ref's decision in any way, treating players fairly etc etc..but yeah, I see what you mean

very bad tackle, deserved a red imo. I dont like the way wolves are playing at the moment, its a disgrace to football.
A disgrace to football? Wow, that's a bit of a bold statement to make don't you think? Sure the tackle wasn't clean and it looked really bad but just because they go in hard on teams doesn't make them a disgrace, plenty of teams do it, it's a tactical strategy.

i thought that was a deserved red. reckless late off the ground. there is no way gomez could have controlled how he went down, hes actually jumping out of the way and still gets smashed. if he doesnt jump, his ankle gets broken

A disgrace to football? Wow, that's a bit of a bold statement to make don't you think? Sure the tackle wasn't clean and it looked really bad but just because they go in hard on teams doesn't make them a disgrace, plenty of teams do it, it's a tactical strategy.

It's going a little far to call them a disgrace, but that tackle is awful, he has a ******* run up, and still gets nowhere near the ball, red imo..

Anyway, also, what they did to Barton and what they've been doing all season, it's not just going in hard, it's dirty football, there's no place for that in football for me.

They seem to be playing the we cant beat them, so lets kick them instead tactics. Any team that plays like that really annoys me because it ruins matches

It's going a little far to call them a disgrace, but that tackle is awful, he has a ******* run up, and still gets nowhere near the ball, red imo..

Anyway, also, what they did to Barton and what they've been doing all season, it's not just going in hard, it's dirty football, there's no place for that in football for me.

When we play Wolves at full time we would have no players left :P

I dont know why people think it would have gone either way. Had gomes planted his foot, it would have broken in to 2 pieces.

tackle.gif

I think Sunderland will beat Man Utd today.

I just have a feeling...

I dont know why people think it would have gone either way. Had gomes planted his foot, it would have broken in to 2 pieces.

tackle.gif
Okay fair enough, looking at that angle it's pretty bad..

To be honest his reputation shouldn't really change the ref's decision in any way, treating players fairly etc etc..but yeah, I see what you mean

smashing theman and not the ball isnt tactical play thats just fouling. tackling used to be an art. apparently these days a good tackler is someone who just goes in hard, regardless of whether its man or ball

And Gomes didnt do down dramatically, see the GIF clearly, He jumped to avoid contact, and his trailing leg was taken off by henry. You cant balance yourself in Air.

I would have given a red. He was nowhere near the ball, and has been mentioned, would have been far more dangerous had Gomez planted his standing foot and had it taken out from underneath him.

Anyone got line-up for United game have to watch it on Internet

Back