Live - Saturday football

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 130
  • Views Views 6K
We had Ballack last season and still lost twice against City so im not that concerned about the lack of expeirence because some of the young lads have proven that they could maybie fill in as back-up players for now.

We will see, becuase i think Utd youngsters are brilliant, which makes this squad better then last years.

We had Ballack last season and still lost twice against City so im not that concerned about the lack of expeirence because some of the young lads have proven that they could maybie fill in as back-up players for now.

I definatly think Arsenal are stronger and mainly because of Chamakh, he gives them somthing different a airial threat that they lacked last season.

While I think some of your youngsters have a lot of talent such as McEachren (sp), some of them are overated such as kakutu and personally i think chamakh is average

We will see, becuase i think Utd youngsters are brilliant, which makes this squad better then last years.

I agree you have some excellent youngsters and yer in theory it makes your squad better in depth. But thats what im getting at it seems as if there is more than just a usual Man Utd start, I honestly think losing the title after 3 years of really dominating has really hurt Utd and they aren't reacting well. Plus the Rooney problems aren't helping its obviously affecting team somewhere along the line. I agree the title will be mainly decided on the head to head record and it starts tomorrow for us i believe.

Some are brilliant but some are overated. Would like to see elkrim and pogba play a lot more as from watching the reserves they both look quite talented at there young age

While I think some of your youngsters have a lot of talent such as McEachren (sp), some of them are overated such as kakutu and personally i think chamakh is average

Kakuta has done ok when he has come in but he tries to hard at time like Sturridge. I can almost guarrentee that Chamakh will get atleast 10-15 goals this season for Arsenal.

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

How good was Jordi Gomez's free-kick!!!

I agree you have some excellent youngsters and yer in theory it makes your squad better in depth. But thats what im getting at it seems as if there is more than just a usual Man Utd start, I honestly think losing the title after 3 years of really dominating has really hurt Utd and they aren't reacting well. Plus the Rooney problems aren't helping its obviously affecting team somewhere along the line. I agree the title will be mainly decided on the head to head record and it starts tomorrow for us i believe.

After last season in losing the title, it was always going to be hard to come back extremely stronger from the off, We had a relatively poor finish, in losing to Yourselfs at home and Not beating Blackburn, in our ran in. None of our Players had an exceptional WC, So we had no Momentum to carry on from. but if i was offerred to still be undefeated and to win all our home games, i would of took it at this stages.

Some are brilliant but some are overated. Would like to see elkrim and pogba play a lot more as from watching the reserves they both look quite talented at there young age

They are too Young, but PLayers like Gibson, Macheda, Herdanez, Obertan are really good players, who we need in the side.

Kakuta has done ok when he has come in but he tries to hard at time like Sturridge. I can almost guarrentee that Chamakh will get atleast 10-15 goals this season for Arsenal.

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

How good was Jordi Gomez's free-kick!!!

But from their "star signing" of the summer you would expect 20+ which they desperately need. For me sturridge could either be a star or rot in the reserves or lower teams as you can see he's got the ability but since he's moved to chelsea i think he's gone backwards

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

After last season in losing the title, it was always going to be hard to come back extremely stronger from the off, We had a relatively poor finish, in losing to Yourselfs at home and Not beating Blackburn, in our ran in. None of our Players had an exceptional WC, So we had no Momentum to carry on from. but if i was offerred to still be undefeated and to win all our home games, i would of took it at this stages.

They are too Young, but PLayers like Gibson, Macheda, Herdanez, Obertan are really good players, who we need in the side.

Agree with you about that, should play gibson a lot more as fergie obviously rates him and we should maybe play obertan on the left and nani on the right and i think elkrim and pogba should be involved in more cup games.

But from their "star signing" of the summer you would expect 20+ which they desperately need. For me sturridge could either be a star or rot in the reserves or lower teams as you can see he's got the ability but since he's moved to chelsea i think he's gone backwards

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

Agree with you about that, should play gibson a lot more as fergie obviously rates him and we should maybe play obertan on the left and nani on the right and i think elkrim and pogba should be involved in more cup games.

Sturridge has got bags of confidence he is just abit too greedy. Needs to take a leaf out of Drogba's book.

to be honest we've been complaining for ages that the midtable teams never really gave it a go. and now they are. they know how important their home games are and they are starting to make their places fortresses. makes for a very interesting league this season

Sturridge has got bags of confidence he is just abit too greedy. Needs to take a leaf out of Drogba's book.

From man utd's point of view, hopefully he takes his diving ability not his scoring ability!

Back