Live - Saturday football

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 130
  • Views Views 6K
Full-time: Tottenham 2 - 1 Aston Villa
Albrighton
VDV x2

Heskey was our best player again. Got an assist before being forced off injured, led the line excellently.

******' draws **** me off. we made sunderland look like friggin' barcelona! i need a drink

******' draws **** me off. we made sunderland look like friggin' barcelona! i need a drink

To be fair its not an easy place to go to, but the Man Utd of old would have won there.

Plymouth suck almighty balls.

We were so bad, I can't express my disgust. Anyone who says the slow start thing must be deluded . What is it 4 away games without maximum points and against teams which are good but not top teams.

And we do lack quality to become champions ( i'm not saying we cant, its just that if we do then Chelsea have to have a massive f*ck up).

And Macheda on the wing really, he can't run with the ball to save his life.
With Oshea supporting him, poor Vidic had to come to the left flank a few times just get the ball forward.

i said it a few weeks ago that Utd don't look right for some reason but many Utd fans like i would expect them too wrote off my opinions. Its there for everyone to see that something needs to change and quickly for Utd. everyone has praised Berba like mad and yer i agree he has been better than last seasons but he has not been good week in week out. Fegie has a job on his hand this season i believe they need to get Rooney back on form asap.

Missing Rooney is always going to hurt.

Take away Drogba and Rooney last season, and United would have been even further behind than they were, in my opinion.

He scored what, 30'ish goals? I can't see Berbatov knocking in that many.

Missing Rooney is always going to hurt.

Take away Drogba and Rooney last season, and United would have been even further behind than they were, in my opinion.

He scored what, 30'ish goals? I can't see Berbatov knocking in that many.

Agreed, you take Rooney and Drogba away from the sides and i think Chelsea cope better and have proven this time and time again in the past. Chelsea fans can 100% say they have confidence in Anelka to step up if Drogba is missing i don't think Utd fans could say the same about Berbatov.

missed the matches but just heard radio that mcarthy is fineing his own player over a bad tackle!

presenter said was pretty awful tackle

that the lad yis talking bout earlier today?

i said it a few weeks ago that Utd don't look right for some reason but many Utd fans like i would expect them too wrote off my opinions. Its there for everyone to see that something needs to change and quickly for Utd. everyone has praised Berba like mad and yer i agree he has been better than last seasons but he has not been good week in week out. Fegie has a job on his hand this season i believe they need to get Rooney back on form asap.
i wrote off your opinions becuase its the same old take a pop stuff. sunderland have lost twice in 21 games. we rested players and and we're trying to be tighter at the back. sunderland have beaten city and drawn with liverpool and arsenal at home. taking a draw there is no bad thing.

considering the start berbs has had i'd say you are wrong about him stepping up, whats he been doing so far this season. Sleeping? We cant just rely on rooney, and berbs has been doing business in goals and approach play. Been watching united long enough not to get overly worried about our starts, every time i hear this in the first two months "united are struggling they're in trouble", boring. Come back to me after christmas and then say if we're struggling

Last edited:
Decent point for the Royals today

Jem Karacan with a wonderful goal, apparently goal of the season so fair..

Berba at his best is no worse than Rooney at his best.

Don't think you can go quite that far, I can't see Berba scoring 30+ goals this season, even if he's at his best, but he has been very good, at the end of last season he couldn't buy a goal, but i think he just had confidence issues (only natural when you don't score for three or so games on the trot, then it just goes on and gets worse)

Agreed, you take Rooney and Drogba away from the sides and i think Chelsea cope better and have proven this time and time again in the past. Chelsea fans can 100% say they have confidence in Anelka to step up if Drogba is missing i don't think Utd fans could say the same about Berbatov.

You say that, Did you see Anelka a couple of seasons ago when Drogba was injured, he was truly woeful, one good year doesnt make him a reliable replacement, we all know with Anelka it is whether he can be arsed. Berbatov has stepped up brilliant this year in terms of goals, but his approach play, link up play and Skills have been the same as all the other years, just people choose to see it now, he is scoring goals, Like take the other night against Valencia, when he turnt the defender and went through one on one and missed from a fairly tight angle. Everyone said Well played to him for missing, If he did that last year, it would of been " Not utd Quality being pranced around." I can say i trust Berbatov, Owen, Herdanez and Macheda to turn in the goals, we are just slow starters, We will get better.

You say that, Did you see Anelka a couple of seasons ago when Drogba was injured, he was truly woeful, one good year doesnt make him a reliable replacement, we all know with Anelka it is whether he can be arsed. Berbatov has stepped up brilliant this year in terms of goals, but his approach play, link up play and Skills have been the same as all the other years, just people choose to see it now, he is scoring goals, Like take the other night against Valencia, when he turnt the defender and went through one on one and missed from a fairly tight angle. Everyone said Well played to him for missing, If he did that last year, it would of been " Not utd Quality being pranced around." I can say i trust Berbatov, Owen, Herdanez and Macheda to turn in the goals, we are just slow starters, We will get better.

Anelka won golden boot that year Drogba was out with injurys and club problems?? And Anelka is a changed man you can definatly see it, for once he has settled in at a club and is enjoying his football. I just think with City and Arsenal being stronger than last season and recent seasons i don't think you can drop these points.

Will Hoskins you ****** tank !!!!!

City are at the foot of The Championship, a perfect day for me !!!!!

Back