• Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 4K
Arsenal v West Ham 3-1

Blackburn v Chelsea 0-2

Everton v Stoke 1-0

Fulham v Wigan 1-0

Man Utd v Tottenham 1-1

Wolves v Man City 0-2

Hmm, tbh I feel that Blackburn will pose more of a threat to Chelsea (being at Home) than that prediction suggests, certainly don't see Chelski running riot but who knows?

Everton - Stoke will be an interesting game, though perhaps not overwhelmingly (yes, it's a word!) entertaining. Same with Fulham - Wigan probably, the former are starting to find a little form, but are dangerously close the relegation zone.

Tottenham are a good side, and Utd aren't playing especially well, but I don't think that Spurs can get a draw here, they have an awful record at OT - something like 4 draws in 22 matches (the rest being Utd wins..)

The Wolves game will be really interesting, they could spring a surprise I think, it's the kind of game i'm unsure that City can do well in - they are good at home to the big boys (and were unlucky against us last week with the early sending off) but against the weaker sides i'm not sure they're attack-minded enough (and w/out Tevez) to get in behind the defence, something like 3/9 games they haven't scored in - which is a record of some sort..

BUT Karl Henry has served his 3 match ban, and I wonder who will win the battle with him and De Jong (same for barton and Cattermole!)

Arsenal 3 v 1 West Ham

Blackburn 1 v 2 Chelsea

Everton 1 v 1 Stoke

Fulham 1 v 1 Wigan

Wolves 1 v 4 Man C

Man Utd 2 v 2 Tottenham

Arsenal v West Ham 3-1

Blackburn v Chelsea 0-2

Everton v Stoke 2-1

Fulham v Wigan 0-0

Man Utd v Tottenham 3-2

Wolves v Man City 1-2

Hmm, tbh I feel that Blackburn will pose more of a threat to Chelsea (being at Home) than that prediction suggests, certainly don't see Chelski running riot but who knows?

Everton - Stoke will be an interesting game, though perhaps not overwhelmingly (yes, it's a word!) entertaining. Same with Fulham - Wigan probably, the former are starting to find a little form, but are dangerously close the relegation zone.

Tottenham are a good side, and Utd aren't playing especially well, but I don't think that Spurs can get a draw here, they have an awful record at OT - something like 4 draws in 22 matches (the rest being Utd wins..)

The Wolves game will be really interesting, they could spring a surprise I think, it's the kind of game i'm unsure that City can do well in - they are good at home to the big boys (and were unlucky against us last week with the early sending off) but against the weaker sides i'm not sure they're attack-minded enough (and w/out Tevez) to get in behind the defence, something like 3/9 games they haven't scored in - which is a record of some sort..

BUT Karl Henry has served his 3 match ban, and I wonder who will win the battle with him and De Jong (same for barton and Cattermole!)

Indeed Blackburn won't get thrashed due to the venue, hence why I went with a routine 2-0 instead of 3+, certainly don't see a thrashing.

And I'm aware of Tottenham's poor record at Old Trafford, but they've just kept improving while Manchester United at the moment don't seem as potent as in previous seasons, so I can certainly see the draw on this occasion.

When I made the prediction I forgot Tevez was out for a couple of matches but I shall keep it the same, somebody has to take centre-stage while he is absent, can still easily see a 2-0 away victory.

Chelsea Starting 11:
Cech
Ivanovic
Cole
Alex
Terry
Mikel
Essien
Zhirkov
Malouda
Anelka
Drogba

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

I also believe Blackburn are playing 5 at the back because they have Samba, Nelson and Jones in the starting 11/.

Indeed Blackburn won't get thrashed due to the venue, hence why I went with a routine 2-0 instead of 3+, certainly don't see a thrashing.

And I'm aware of Tottenham's poor record at Old Trafford, but they've just kept improving while Manchester United at the moment don't seem as potent as in previous seasons, so I can certainly see the draw on this occasion.

When I made the prediction I forgot Tevez was out for a couple of matches but I shall keep it the same, somebody has to take centre-stage while he is absent, can still easily see a 2-0 away victory.

Fair enough. Didn't mean to sound argumentative or anything, just my thoughts :)

(If I even did?)

Anyway, interesting stat from @OptaJoe on twitter

10 - Nicolas Anelka has scored more goals against Blackburn than any other player in the Premier League. Vendetta.

I also believe Blackburn are playing 5 at the back because they have Samba, Nelson and Jones in the starting 11/.

Probably not. Big Sam's been playing Jones as a DM recently, so I'd guess he's still in midfield.

Probably not. Big Sam's been playing Jones as a DM recently, so I'd guess he's still in midfield.

Oh fair enough, i just thought he was better as a centre back. I thought because Samba gets forward alot they would use Jones to cover for him.

Oh fair enough, i just thought he was better as a centre back. I thought because Samba gets forward alot they would use Jones to cover for him.

Yeah he is really, but because Blackburn have some top CBs he's been pushed into midfield, and as you said covers for Samba if Big Sam needs him as an auxiliary striker.

From @OptaJoke on twitter:

71 - Number of fouls Karl Henry & Nigel de Jong will commit today as Wolves play Man City. Rough.

From @OptaJoke on twitter:

71 - Number of fouls Karl Henry & Nigel de Jong will commit today as Wolves play Man City. Rough.

Shame De Jong isn't playing, I was looking forward to it.

Aaaand Palace down 1-0 already, courtesy of Swansea.

Last edited:
Gradel!! C'mon Scunthorpe 0-1 Leeds
We really need a clean sheet and a win to steady the ship

Fair enough. Didn't mean to sound argumentative or anything, just my thoughts :)

(If I even did?)

Anyway, interesting stat from @OptaJoe on twitter

10 - Nicolas Anelka has scored more goals against Blackburn than any other player in the Premier League. Vendetta.

Don't worry, it didn't come across as argumentative, just a discussion :)

1-0 City, Adebayor (pen)

1-1 Wolves, Milijas

Last edited:
Don't worry, it didn't come across as argumentative, just a discussion :)

Good good. :)

Intresting scores at HT across the board. BB taking the lead vs Chelsea (Has Drogba come off or not? BBC says he was limping?) and Wolves back level at Molineux.

Good good. :)

Intresting scores at HT across the board. BB taking the lead vs Chelsea (Has Drogba come off or not? BBC says he was limping?) and Wolves back level at Molineux.

No he is still on but in my mind shouldn't be.

Back