Live - Saturday football

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 142
  • Views Views 6K
Jonny Evans goes and does that when we are depleted of defenders anyway WTF!! I've never rated him such a waste of space fergie has to get rid in summer, same with carrick no idea how he got that new contract not like he earned it. On the plus side berbatoooooooooooov :D

Evans is not a waste of space. Fantastic prospect and good enough to be a back up.

LOL - Silly Stuart Holden for trying to win the ball. Let's all feel sorry for Evans because he might have broken Holden's leg.

Leaving the ground with studs up and making contact on the knee = red card. No debate about it.

Did Holden not do the same thing?

Did Holden not do the same thing?

Actually no. He kept his foot down and studs away from Evans so as not to hit him.

It was a bad challenge, it was a red card, but it's nothing otherwordly. Certainly doesn't deserve all this fuss...

Actually no. He kept his foot down and studs away from Evans so as not to hit him.

It was a bad challenge, it was a red card, but it's nothing otherwordly. Certainly doesn't deserve all this fuss...

This is exactly what I've been saying. Was a red card, nothing more. All of this fuss is unnecessary.

just seen it, Evans is a mong, deserved red; hope he gets a fine from SAF, Holden with a gashed knee
Fine him?
For what exactly? We were stretched at the back and he needed to make the tackle.
He's got it wrong. It was a bit high and his studs were showing but i don't see the need to fine him.

Fine him?
For what exactly? We were stretched at the back and he needed to make the tackle.
He's got it wrong. It was a bit high and his studs were showing but i don't see the need to fine him.

Because it was a rash challenge, and if you fine a player (and if its Fergie doing it), you can be sure he'll do his damdest to make sure it won't happen again

Wonder what Ferguson will say on the Evans tackle...
...Oh wait. Cough CARRAGHER Cough.

Because it was a rash challenge, and if you fine a player (and if its Fergie doing it), you can be sure he'll do his damdest to make sure it won't happen again
Seems harsh to fine someone just for a rash challenge.
It's his first ever red card. As a centre back it's fairly inevitable that one day you're going to mistime a challenge and get a red like today.
It's hardly like he needs a warning to calm it down. He's really not that sort of player, if anything he's not aggressive enough most the time.
He's got 6 yellow cards in his whole premier league career. Scholes has 9 this season. If you're handing out fines for rashness, Scholes deserves one not Evans.

hes already spoken about it oO)

"You've got to admire the character of the players. The fans were fantastic, but the players take great credit. They have come through a tough programme and deserve all the credit they get. [On the red card] Jonny Evans's foot is not high, but is off the ground. I think it was a fair attempt to get the ball buut the player (Stuart Holden) has got a bad gash and the referee has seen the injury and given the red card. When you've got a foot off the ground you can't be certain you won't be sent off."

Loving the poll on Arsenal.com for MOTM for the West Brom game.

Almunia sits in third behind Arshavin and Wilshere on 11% XD

SHOCKING performance from us except the first 20 minutes, had chance to kill the game early, didn't and typically sat back, encouraged wigan to come forward and defended in the wrong way, letting them run at us instead of being in their face.

very disappointed and started to worry about our survival chances. We have the character to step it up and there is a long way to go yet with it all being so tight, and with the fixtures we have there are points to be had definitely, BUT we seriously need to get fit again and get playing again.

Cant stand going to Wigan, officially the worst fans to grace the premier league, booing there team in the starting parts of the game because they were 1-0 down and deserving to be, no atmosphere at all, no support whatsoever, and then jump around "to music" because they cant create enough noise on their own, appalling! Would not miss playing them...

Although this weekend is pretty much SHOCKING for us, nothing has gone our way, im hopeful of us bouncing back and climbing the table.

KRO Big Eck, we have faith!!!

Mike Phelan said the ref made the right call after the game... So yeah Mancheste United statement is the right call was made... So yeah...

Evans is not a waste of space. Fantastic prospect and good enough to be a back up.

***** time and time again Evans let's us down, he's not good enough fact! He's been a "prospect" for 3 years now seriously how many years do you want to label him that?, he's had more than enough chances to
Prove himself and for me he simply isn't good enough, gets bullied about far too easily is error prone and lacks pace.

***** time and time again Evans let's us down, he's not good enough fact! He's been a "prospect" for 3 years now seriously how many years do you want to label him that?, he's had more than enough chances to
Prove himself and for me he simply isn't good enough, gets bullied about far too easily is error prone and lacks pace.

Evans is quality. He has done it in the past and consistently for a good period of time too. Its only in the last 12 months or so that he's had a bad spell. Its hardly anything to sell him for. Persevering with him will be good in the long run I feel. He has handled the likes of Drogba in the past, he is not bullied out of it because he lacks the ability, its that he is lacking confidence. But today he was far more assured in defence and looked great until of course he put in that horrible tackle.

I have seen so many saying "United are awful away from home".

Well we have 24 points and Arsenal have 26 points. How much difference is that.

City, Chelsea and Spurs with 22 points.

I have seen so many saying "United are awful away from home".

Well we have 24 points and Arsenal have 26 points. How much difference is that.

City, Chelsea and Spurs with 22 points.

Well, IIRC, wasn't last championship decided on a single point? Those 2 points can well mean a championship. May not be an "awful away record", but don't underestimate those 2 points!

Well, IIRC, wasn't last championship decided on a single point? Those 2 points can well mean a championship. May not be an "awful away record", but don't underestimate those 2 points!

I;m not underestimating any number of points here, just that our away form is blown out of proportion.

Back