Live - Saturday football

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 142
  • Views Views 6K
That's a good point, to be fair I though he was slightly younger.

Yer totally agree mate, if he was say 17-18 then yer i could see a future for him at Chelsea but i do beleive he will make a good career for himself. I believe he has scored somthing like 15 goals in 7 reserve appearences this season he definatly know where the goal is. Also Swansea manager Brendon Rodgers gave him his reserve debut while he was at Chelsea so they know each other well.

I'm not sure whats worse. Evans tackle or the fact Ferdinand thinks it was a fine challenge.

'I hope Holden is ok, a honest solid tackle between him and Evans and Evans gets a red card....I don't agree at all.'

If by any chance we get to sign Spurs player, hope it is Modric. Kind of player we are desperate for. We have quality wingers but not CMs.
Pray they dont get CL footy, thats the only way we're getting a Spurs player

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

I'm not sure whats worse. Evans tackle or the fact Ferdinand thinks it was a fine challenge.

'I hope Holden is ok, a honest solid tackle between him and Evans and Evans gets a red card....I don't agree at all.'
its solid but its reckless, but Rio isnt going to slam him to be fair

5 year old kid tweets better than Rio.;)

Yer totally agree mate, if he was say 17-18 then yer i could see a future for him at Chelsea but i do beleive he will make a good career for himself. I believe he has scored somthing like 15 goals in 7 reserve appearences this season he definatly know where the goal is. Also Swansea manager Brendon Rodgers gave him his reserve debut while he was at Chelsea so they know each other well.

Considering Swansea seems to be getting promoted, it's a great step up from reserve football, even if only to a relegation team he'll be playing Premier League football next season.

Absolutely, I wouldn't expect him to.
But saying it wasn't worthy of a red is a little silly.
agreed, definitely a red, and a silly one when we are stretched at the back

Definite red for Evans but imo Holden did the exact same tackle. Both had two feet in the air, hope Holden gets better though as he's had terrible luck with injuries.

Disgusting tweet by Rio. It was a clear red and the difference was that Evans dived with both feet on his knee. With studds (?).

Holden didn't come with studds. And only tried on the ball. he was the one who did a fair tackle.

Disgusting tweet by Rio. It was a clear red and the difference was that Evans dived with both feet on his knee. With studds (?).

Holden didn't come with studds. And only tried on the ball. he was the one who did a fair tackle.
stop overreacting hardly a disgusting tweet. Holden had both feet in the air too

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Gareth Bale has signed a new four-and-a-half year contract with Tottenham, a deal that runs until 2015.

A precursor to ward off any potential suitors, making his signing very costly

Cleverley with a goal and assist (Not sure about assist). He played as a CM/AM. Not sure. Hopefully he gets a run in with our side.

Does anyone have a link where I can see the tackle?
I cannot find it.

Heard Evans was sent off for a horrible challenge and broke Holden's leg? Or could have? Just from twitter though, I haven't seen it - Journos saying that Bolton players had to look away though..

Big 2 points dropped but with Evans banned, hopefully Utd will drop some points if Rio and Vidic are still out.

Just our luck that our GK makes two mistakes and Bolton's GK makes a mistake to gift Utd the win (apparently, again)

EDIT: Holden's leg ISN'T broken.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

VIDEO OF EVANS' CHALLENGE

And of BERBATOV'S RATHER FORUNTATE GOAL

Heard Evans was sent off for a horrible challenge and broke Holden's leg? Or could have? Just from twitter though, I haven't seen it - Journos saying that Bolton players had to look away though..

Big 2 points dropped but with Evans banned, hopefully Utd will drop some points if Rio and Vidic are still out.

Just our luck that our GK makes two mistakes and Bolton's GK makes a mistake to gift Utd the win (apparently, again)

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

VIDEO OF EVANS' CHALLENGE
wasnt a horrible challenge, didnt break his leg, they didnt have to look away

Not really luck been talking our your keepers for more than season, and its abut getting players into the box to gamble on such errors, we do it a lot, and we benefit from it

On any other day we would have got Penalty when Hernandez shot hit Cahill's hand. And Cahill didnt get booked when he fouled Evra which was worse.

Vidic is back for the next game. Thank god for international break.

Evans' tackle wasn't horrible. He won the ball, and Holden went in just as high. However Evans left the ground and caught Holden too (leaving the massive gash on his leg).

Deserved red card, but being blown majorly out of proportion by the media.

Unlucky Evans, the tackle would have been correct if the opposition player wouldn't have "dived" for the ball too. But as he did, it was a horrible tackle

On any other day we would have got Penalty when Hernandez shot hit Cahill's hand. And Cahill didnt get booked when he fouled Evra which was worse.

Vidic is back for the next game. Thank god for international break.

Wow.

Cahill didn't get booked for a foul which was worse than Evans'? I just watched that one - he goes flying in with his studs up and two feet, I can't imagine what Cahill did...

On another day, we would've had a penalty for the trip on Sagna at the end.

@Mike - It's still a bit of luck though? I'm not defending Almunia - I'm just saying that it's pretty jammy for Utd to win like that and for us to drop points like that...

Our 3rd choice GK makes a massive error and Bolton's first choice one makes an error when Bolton might have won the game according to BBC..

Good thing was Evans didn't make a fuss about the challenge. He just accepted it and walked away..

Back