Live - Saturday football

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 142
  • Views Views 6K
On any other day we would have got Penalty when Hernandez shot hit Cahill's hand. And Cahill didnt get booked when he fouled Evra which was worse.

Vidic is back for the next game. Thank god for international break.

Are you sure ? Serbia play us ( ESTONIA, we won them 3-1 away last time ) next week. That would be massive boost for us ! Source ?

Unlucky Evans, the tackle would have been correct if the opposition player wouldn't have "dived" for the ball too. But as he did, it was a horrible tackle

LOL - Silly Stuart Holden for trying to win the ball. Let's all feel sorry for Evans because he might have broken Holden's leg.

Leaving the ground with studs up and making contact on the knee = red card. No debate about it.

Wow.

Cahill didn't get booked for a foul which was worse than Evans'? I just watched that one - he goes flying in with his studs up and two feet, I can't imagine what Cahill did...

On another day, we would've had a penalty for the trip on Sagna at the end.

@Mike - It's still a bit of luck though? I'm not defending Almunia - I'm just saying that it's pretty jammy for Utd to win like that and for us to drop points like that...

Our 3rd choice GK makes a massive error and Bolton's first choice one makes an error when Bolton might have won the game according to BBC..

I didn't say Cahill tackle was as worse as Evans but it was easily bookable offense.

In the end we were not lucky, we were just better. We have winning mentality so even with 10 men we just kept attacking them.

Wow.

Cahill didn't get booked for a foul which was worse than Evans'? I just watched that one - he goes flying in with his studs up and two feet, I can't imagine what Cahill did...

On another day, we would've had a penalty for the trip on Sagna at the end.

@Mike - It's still a bit of luck though? I'm not defending Almunia - I'm just saying that it's pretty jammy for Utd to win like that and for us to drop points like that...

Our 3rd choice GK makes a massive error and Bolton's first choice one makes an error when Bolton might have won the game according to BBC..
we created more chances and controlled the game better,particularly second half, both sides had chances to win, somewhat lucky but we created that opportunity deserved on the balance of the game.

You werent unlucky, your keeper is just rubbish

LOL - Silly Stuart Holden for trying to win the ball. Let's all feel sorry for Evans because he might have broken Holden's leg.

Leaving the ground with studs up and making contact on the knee = red card. No debate about it.

What should have he done then ? Jumped away ? No debate about it.

No. Just no. Will rip Evans into new one for making the tackle and forget all that happened few weeks back when the Player who got tackled got all the abuse.

What exactly is your point Joss?

we created more chances and controlled the game better,particularly second half, both sides had chances to win, somewhat lucky but we created that opportunity deserved on the balance of the game.

You werent unlucky, your keeper is just rubbish

But equally we created opportunities to win the game and easily could have - especially if Sagna had been given the penalty at the end (I need to see this again, this was my first impression and what the commentators were saying).

Our 4th choice GK is rubbish. Not really our fault our top 2/3 GKs are all out.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

What exactly is your point Joss?

That you can't defend a player and call him "unlucky" when he dives in with two feet off the ground and studs up.

Oh and @Sunlivk:

Cahill didnt get booked when he fouled Evra which was worse.

But equally we created opportunities to win the game and easily could have - especially if Sagna had been given the penalty at the end (I need to see this again, this was my first impression and what the commentators were saying).

Creating chances is different from Putting them away. What matter is Goals. With our 3rd choice CB and Nth Choice CB we kept clean sheet.

We played Winger as a CM and played Nth choice RB.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

That you can't defend a player and call him "unlucky" when he dives in with two feet off the ground and studs up.

Oh and @Sunlivk:
he didnt defend him... he said it was a horrible tackle

International brake has come at the best time,Vidic will be back for West Ham,we got Park back....

Creating chances is different from Putting them away. What matter is Goals. With our 3rd choice CB and Nth Choice CB we kept clean sheet.

We played Winger as a CM and played Nth choice RB.

Nth choice CB being Smalling? Who's been 3rd choice this season...

Or Evans, who is 4th choice.

Equally, we had our 5th choice CB pairing and a 3rd choice CB, with a 3rd choice DM..

If putting chances away is what matters, how comes you created so many but put away one, when the GK dropped it? Not lucky at all? Really?

3rd choice RB, not Nth choice. Maybe 4th. We have just as many injuries as you do (Actually, I think you have one more..)

It was a red card but I've seen far worse...Carragher on Nani for example.

he didnt defend him... he said it was a horrible tackle

He said it was only a horrible tackle because Holden also went for the ball, which goes someway to defending Evans and he said he was "unlucky".

I told which was worse. Not As worse as Evans. There is a lot of difference.

What? You said Cahill's tackle was worse - why are you denying that when I quoted you? Or have I completely misread something?

He said it was only a horrible tackle because Holden also went for the ball, which goes someway to defending Evans and he said he was "unlucky".

What? You said Cahill's tackle was worse - why are you denying that when I quoted you? Or have I completely misread something?
Holdens positioning made it a horrible challenge, stop trying to make a mountain out of a molehill

Bad tackle, red card, end of

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

massive wins for wigan and wolves though, the relegatin battle is so tight

Not even a horrible tackle :/ basically 50-50. Seen worst at indoor soccer on a Tuesday night.

Yes you misread. I have clearly said Evans was worse tackle and deserved red card.

And then said, Cahill also made a worse tackle which was bookable offense. I didn't compare both tackles.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Nth choice CB being Smalling? Who's been 3rd choice this season...

Or Evans, who is 4th choice.

Equally, we had our 5th choice CB pairing and a 3rd choice CB, with a 3rd choice DM..

If putting chances away is what matters, how comes you created so many but put away one, when the GK dropped it? Not lucky at all? Really?

3rd choice RB, not Nth choice. Maybe 4th. We have just as many injuries as you do (Actually, I think you have one more..)

Do you really think Creating chances matters most than Putting them away?

We created few good chances and took one. They did create few but fail to score.

Our depleted defense maintained clean sheet which itself is an achievement.

We played Evans who was just back from injury and had no match fitness.
Brown who played as RB after more than a year.
Giggs as CM
Valencia started his first game.

We had few excuses too. Like i said we have the mentality to get the results somehow. When we were down to 10 men, we dominated better than when we were with 11 men. That is the response you need from your players.

Adding to all these we played mid week game and with our depleted squad it is way too much to ask.

Jonny Evans goes and does that when we are depleted of defenders anyway WTF!! I've never rated him such a waste of space fergie has to get rid in summer, same with carrick no idea how he got that new contract not like he earned it. On the plus side berbatoooooooooooov :D

Everton 1 Fulham 0. Coleman with the header. That guy is a fantastic talent

Back