Live - Saturday football

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 144
  • Views Views 6K
Not defending anyone here, but VDS' livelihood? He is what, 41 years old? Not much left to ruin; he's retiring anyway.

Don't overreact because it is Joss posting, bru.

Maybe i did Over react on the livlihood part, but Varmaelan has earned enough money to never work, yet he said the same thing to CJ.....

My god im even more angry than i was at 5oclock. We could have been 2 points behind Arsenal and possibly still in the title race but Utd have just all but won their 19th title. Congrats Utd this is Fergusons biggest achievement in my eyes because this has been the worst Utd side he has had to manage ability wise. Im not knocking them honestly but how many times do you see Utd play this poorly and drop so many points away from home. Im praising the never say die attitude of the current side and Fergusons ability to get them to win no matter what.

hardly, the vast majority of this side won three titles on the spin and missed on a fourth by two. what i would say is how we may do it with so many players performing so badly

hardly, the vast majority of this side won three titles on the spin and missed on a fourth by two. what i would say is how we may do it with so many players performing so badly

Thats basicly what i meant lol. This Utd side has been one of the poorest in terms of form and ability for me but they seem as though they have won the title. Huge credit to Ferguson and his cronies.

Thats basicly what i meant lol. This Utd side has been one of the poorest in terms of form and ability for me but they seem as though they have won the title. Huge credit to Ferguson and his cronies.

I think the problem people see with this United side, is that people fail to see what everyones function in the team is. Everyone has a certain job to perform and most of the time every performs that job, without excelling, hence the efficient point gathering that has occured this season, in december/ january when we where winning every game 1-0, 2-1 or playing badly. everyone looked at us and said no way, but that is typical manchester united, we are like a machine, an efficient well oiled machine, which always gets there. rather then the hollywood team of the past.

This is also a reply to Scotts post your's. Definitely one of the poorest in terms of form, but you can also tell that while SAF is happy at how we've done despite that, looking at the kind of players we are strongly linked with, he wants that hollywood style back, that's what made us so deadly we could grind out when needed, but we could also turn on the style and destroy teams

This is also a reply to Scotts post your's. Definitely one of the poorest in terms of form, but you can also tell that while SAF is happy at how we've done despite that, looking at the kind of players we are strongly linked with, he wants that hollywood style back, that's what made us so deadly we could grind out when needed, but we could also turn on the style and destroy teams

No doubt he wants that back, who wouldnt want to be the most feared club in Europe again, because thats where we where only 3 years ago. I just think we never had a team so good at grinding out results like this team.

Got to say we've got Champions Luck this season..

Came from behind against Blackpool away and now West Ham away - which makes it even better considering our away form. We've managed to drop so many points this season with draws and our 3 defeats, yet we sit 7 points clear at the top of the table away from Arsenal our nearest challengers who we still have to play. We're also still in the FA Cup and Champions League.

Just seems like it's our year this year. Last time I remember getting luck like this was John O'Shea's injury time winner at Anfield which pretty much won us the league a few years back too.

No doubt he wants that back, who wouldnt want to be the most feared club in Europe again, because thats where we where only 3 years ago. I just think we never had a team so good at grinding out results like this team.

to be fair we've never had to do it on such a consistent basis because of poor form, we just would have taken them apart from the start

I think the problem people see with this United side, is that people fail to see what everyones function in the team is. Everyone has a certain job to perform and most of the time every performs that job, without excelling, hence the efficient point gathering that has occured this season, in december/ january when we where winning every game 1-0, 2-1 or playing badly. everyone looked at us and said no way, but that is typical manchester united, we are like a machine, an efficient well oiled machine, which always gets there. rather then the hollywood team of the past.

Im not slating Utd lol im just saying even most Utd fans will agree that if you compare this seasons side to Utd sides of the past then its pretty far down the list. Like i say its testament to Fergie and his cronies and it shows just what a great manager he is.

Argh. So so so so disappointing:

FT Stats Arsenal v Blackburn Shots 22-7 On Target 5-2 Fouls 11-11 Duels Won % 52%-48% Passing Accuracy 87%-69% Possession 68%-32%

Was at the game and we were so ******* close at times - Samba and Robinson were superb - but in the end, it was just a really rubbish overall performance. Song only just coming back from injury was annoying as we didn't have the fluidity in midfield and Nasri didn't look good after his head injury.

Reminded me of the City game at the Emirates - Blackburn offered nothing offensively and didn't try to. Annoying, but we have to learn how to break down those teams..

Im not slating Utd lol im just saying even most Utd fans will agree that if you compare this seasons side to Utd sides of the past then its pretty far down the list. Like i say its testament to Fergie and his cronies and it shows just what a great manager he is.

I know you not slating Utd. lol. I just saying how we are different to the typical unite sides people are used to.

Argh. So so so so disappointing:

Was at the game and we were so ******* close at times - Samba and Robinson were superb - but in the end, it was just a really rubbish overall performance. Song only just coming back from injury was annoying as we didn't have the fluidity in midfield and Nasri didn't look good after his head injury.

Reminded me of the City game at the Emirates - Blackburn offered nothing offensively and didn't try to. Annoying, but we have to learn how to break down those teams..

That's not true at all mate. I watched that game, and Blackburn attacked you on the counter pretty well in the first half. Olsson had the beating of Sagna and they kept trying to get him in behind Sagna and on a few occasions he did it well. He also came close to scoring when Almunia made a howler and it nearly cost him and Arsenal a goal.

It was one of those days were offensively, Arsenal didn't really show up. Defensively, they were solid. Had 0-0 written all over it tbh.

oh yeah totally. Well down on the list, more disappointing for me is that we've all seen them capable of doing so much more

but when chelsea and arsenal draw, one cant really complain

I know you not slating Utd. lol. I just saying how we are different to the typical unite sides people are used to.

well said, time for another rebuild, and probably the last rebuild, from fergie

oh yeah totally. Well down on the list, more disappointing for me is that we've all seen them capable of doing so much more

but when chelsea and arsenal draw, one cant really complain

The Best thing, is if we get through Chelsea, we are looking at a real crack at the champions league without playing well yet. With it now being 7 points in the league( i know they have a game in hand) we can even afford to rest a few players. like we did today.

Oh yer its massivly different. But i also think if the league shows anything its that the other sides have improved greatly and the league much more competitive.

well said, time for another rebuild, and probably the last rebuild, from fergie

I think he is going to go for one more year, Unless we win the treble this season. Then leave who ever takes over with a great team, He wants to leave United in good shape, shows how much of a great man he is, many would leave clubs at there peaks, then it makes them look better when others fail, Sir Alex ferguson <3

Oh yer its massivly different. But i also think if the league shows anything its that the other sides have improved greatly and the league much more competitive.

the teams have definitely caught up, and the big guns will have to raise their game over the summer, sunderland et al have shown they are no mugs, nearly half of wolves points have come from top 8 sides etc

Some great games today. Thought Jagielka dived for the pen vs Villa, but they deserved the point at least. Didn't think Beckford's effort was over the line either from the Live Replay. Looks on but not over the line..

Back