• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 116
  • Views Views 6K
how many pens are chelsea not going to get today

7-1 Lee Tomlin gets his hat-trick

Ok not world class lol went a bit far

Not even close.

Deserved win in the end. Malouda was really good, Mikel was really good, Bosingwa was really good, Anelka was decent and Kalou continued being poor.

Last edited:
hilario played good. make a couple of good saves. (odemwingie)

Erm.

I'm trying to sum it up, Drogba looked disinterested, lazy and had no appetite.

Anelka was...Well he should have had a hat trick lets be honest, he didn't so he was a let down.

Torres was isolated again.

Lampard was fairly ineffective, couldn't keep up with play and anytime he tried to shoot he took so long he had no space and got closed down.

Should have had 2 penalties (CFC) but they were not given.

Flipside Bromfica played well, and should have scored 3 themselves.

AVB was livid on the touchline second half, squatting/waving/dancing...

He wears his heart on his sleeve and shows his passion, I wish Drogba/Some other players would take note and try to at least act like they care.

AVB no doubt knows just how lucky Chelsea were today, Mata will provide the much needed width and guile on the left but even with Sturridge I think the midfield needs re energising.

Alex's head was in Turin and Hilary tried his best but I am worried about how well he can keep sticks in the month that Cech is out.

That was more like it in the second half Chelsea! Anelka has impressed me so far this season didnt look half bad when he came on against Stoke and did well today and of course scored. I must say as well John Terry was very unprofessional towards Odemwengie towards the end yes Odemwengie stepped on him I think it was but it looked accidental and there was no need for that reaction from John.

Last edited:
hilario played good. make a couple of good saves. (odemwingie)

Odemwingie's was straight at him to be fair and if Tchoyi's shot went in questions would be asked.

For the goal, if he stayed on his line instead of running into no mans land he had a much better chance of saving it. If he stays on the line Long wouldn't shoot so soon and Alex may have caught him.

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

That was more like it in the second half Chelsea! Anelka has impressed me so far this season didnt look half bad when he came on against Stoke and did well today and of course scored. I must say as well John Terry was very unprofessional towards Odemwengie towards the end yes Odemwengie stepped on him I the it was but it looked accidental and there was no need for that reaction from John.

Anelka has impressed you?

He should have had a hat trick, at least have put away the open goal when Foster came charging 30 yards out. If Anelka still had his composure/touch he would have simply ran it 2 touches past Foster and slotted it in an empty net.

Jamie I agree Anelka should of done a lot better with the chance he had when Foster came tuning out and yes Anelka wasn't at all great today but ATM in my opinion he is starting to play better then what we've seen from him for the past year or so.

We definitely need 2 additions before the window closes... Anelka's performance improved, Malouda was good and Bosingwa was awesome going forward but shaky defensively..... Kalou was terrible, did nothing good in the 30min or so he was on the pitch, Torres worked hard and had a couple of chances kudos to him

Just waiting for Sturridge to return now

MoTD running order from the MoTD Editors twitter

1. Ars v Liv, 2. Ev v QPR 3. NE derby 4. Chels v WBA 5. AV v B'burn 6 Swans v Wigan. 5 wins, 1 draw. Min 8 mins of everyone. 1030pm BBC1

Twitter

I would like to say **** you all the people who slated Hilario!!!! That is all lol.

Back