Live - Saturday football

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 131
  • Views Views 7K
Mikels tackle was indeed perfectly timed-had to make that one. If we scored, game could've gone either way. And maybe we wouldn't have looked so beaten in the 2nd half. But, all ifs and buts now

Indeed, all that's left is speculation.

This is the first time I'm going to say this, but Wigan are going down this season.. What the **** is Martinez doing? Playing Gohouri at Left Back when Figz is perfectly match fit!?!?!?! Caldwell wants dropping, or shooting. McCarthy wants to start pulling his ******* weight, he's done balls all in the last 7/8 games for us and he's supposidly our star player. Alcaraz had an alright game, as did Moses, but Moses' decision making is poor. Martinez is on the same form atm as Chris Hutchings and Dave didn't think twice about kicking him out, I hope MArtinez goes, he's too stubborn a manager for my liking, won't change his approach and always, ALWAYS praise the lads after a game. GET A ******* GRIP! CRITISIZE THEM!!

/rant over

This is the first time I'm going to say this, but Wigan are going down this season.. What the **** is Martinez doing? Playing Gohouri at Left Back when Figz is perfectly match fit!?!?!?! Caldwell wants dropping, or shooting. McCarthy wants to start pulling his ******* weight, he's done balls all in the last 7/8 games for us and he's supposidly our star player. Alcaraz had an alright game, as did Moses, but Moses' decision making is poor. Martinez is on the same form atm as Chris Hutchings and Dave didn't think twice about kicking him out, I hope MArtinez goes, he's too stubborn a manager for my liking, won't change his approach and always, ALWAYS praise the lads after a game. GET A ******* GRIP! CRITISIZE THEM!!

/rant over

Caldwell is terrible, utter dogshit

He's only brought it on himself.. He has said, and I quote;

"Sometimes team lose because they're not good enough, but with us that simply wasn't the case."
"We were dominating. We need to learn lessons."
"It was the wrong dynamics. Were not far from where we want to be and finding our level."
"We're not going to change the way we play."

IS HE FOR REAL!? Not far from finding our level? What? 17th in the league!? Going to continue to play people out of position? Us beign the worst side on the pitch isn't correct? Was he watching the same game as the fans?

Al-Habsi, Figueroa, Diame, Gomez, Moses and Rodallega are the only guys that you have that are worthy of the Prem.

Gohouri, Boyce, Alcaraz, Maloney, McCarthy are up to it when switched on and have form.
I struggle to rate Ronnie Stam, but some people do.
That still only leaves you with a pretty dodgy line-up and a sub.

You need goals as well. Hugo's good for what, 1 in 4? so you still need another 2 of similar input.
Maloney can from the hole.
Conner did it last year... but it's not the SPL anymore Toto.

What you need is some better than "GOOD" loans and purchases for January.

Gomez and Figueroa aren't good enough for the Prem, Gomez is diabolical, one of the laziest sportsmen I have ever seen. Rodders hasn't scored in like.. Forever, last goal was last game of last season against Stoke, I think, +10 games ago. Ronnie Stam has made some cracking apperances this season off the bench, he stays out wide and gives us width and actually tries to run the wing with the ball. God knows why he dropped Van Aanholt for Gohouri.. Diamé, Moses and Habsi are the only players that I think are good enough for the Prem. I also think McArthur should be starting. And where are our new signings!? 9 games in to the season, Maloney has made about 3 sub apperances and Crusat 1 or 2.. IMO, Crusat should be utilised or should have been against an out of form Bolton side, shipping too many goals but ofc, we had to break their losing streak, as always. Little Wigan - The record breakers, but not in a good way. I'm usually the most optimistic fan ever but after that Bolton game, I could barely give a **** about Martinez anymore.

We need a manager that is willing to work for a team for little to no transfer budget, need to offer someone with Prem experience an incentive like; an end of season contract with a £1m bonus for keeping us in the league! If he does succeed, he's that bit richer and his reputation will be given a boost.

We need a manager that is willing to work for a team for little to no transfer budget, need to offer someone with Prem experience an incentive like; an end of season contract with a £1m bonus for keeping us in the league! If he does succeed, he's that bit richer and his reputation will be given a boost.

For my mind, ALL contracts should be weighted towards perfomance incentives, but I suppose it's too subjective to hash out correctly in the end.

we win 3-0 :D

and Liverpool drop 2 points again, great day :D

3-0 - van Persie first player in 12 years to score 11 in the opening 11 games. Koscielny is really starting to come good. At last I have a bit of confidence in our CB's. Jenkinson also looked pretty good today. Thank you Everton for Arteta, who is slowly becoming vital for us. And one last thing..............THANK YOU, THANK YOU VERY MUCH Cameroon for not qualifying for AFCON. What would we do without Song? :D

Amazing performance, outplaying possibly the 2nd best team in the world on paper is no mean feat, ******* brilliant atmosphere too.

I am so annoyed at Liverpool - we had chance after chance, but we couldn't finish it. I'm glad we didn't concede, but I think we need to be more clinical, not just rely on Suarez for a bit of magic. Carroll needs to find his feet again, and gain some finesse instead of thundering it at goal all the time!

But the best game on Saturday was probably QPR v Man City, Man City were fairly lucky to win - but they did, and that's a mark of true champions.

Back