Live - Saturday football

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 131
  • Views Views 7K
Flattering scoreline. Drenthe is warming up. Would take Rodwell off and keep Fellaini on. He's done well in the supporting role

Would like to see Rodwell stay as Fellaini is booked and he'd be put under a lot of pressure if he has to do all the defensive work himself.

PS - ****'s sake.

Simon Walton? ha. Thought he could go onto bigger and better things by leaving us for Charlton :P

Hey, he's our new captain fantastic! ;)

He's more than an impact sub. Today, he was, and he's brilliant at doing it, but he still has a wonderful partnership with Rooney.

ah, probably should re-phrase what I said- He's a great player, and is great at exposing tired legs and minds. Not just a bench-warmer :P

Game over Everton and failed to predict Everton win.

Bittersweet for me, always had a soft spot for the Toffees. Would have been happy with a 1-0 and the 3 points tbh, hope Moyes reminds Everton that they've been good today and don't deserve to lose 3-0.

Cannot believe just turned to the other half and blamed the match engine. the awkward moment when.........:$

nice counter attacting goal by Chelsea. hopefully everton pick themselves up.

Last edited:
Well, IMO we were better than Chelsea in the first half, they had more of the ball but we were sharper and created some good chances, but after their goal we looked shell shocked for the rest of the match. Happy for Vellios, though, I love the kid.

Jeckyl and Hyde performance for me. Played well in the first half, some nice fluid movement. Definately unlucky not to have got at least one goal in the first half. Fellaini and Rodwell did well together, with Fellaini getting some nice runs into channels. But the 2nd half-simply looked devoid of anything for a good period. But if you can't get regular goals, it'll happen to you as a player-you switch off. And that's what happened, and it didn't get helped when Cahill was getting forced deeper. Pains me to say this, but I think Osman should be dropped, and give Drenthe a start for a few games. By the end, Everton simply looked a well beaten side and lacked confidence. Maybe if Osmans shot at the start of the second half had gone in, and changed the complexion of the game-who knows. Was damned unlucky. But on balance, we are simply outclassed by Chelseas midfield. Shoud've been closer than the scoreline suggests though. But thats what happens when you don't have a regular goalscorer. You don't put away the chances-you get punished.

Well, IMO we were better than Chelsea in the first half, they had more of the ball but we were sharper and created some good chances, but after their goal we looked shell shocked for the rest of the match. Happy for Vellios, though, I love the kid.

you were not better than us, we created equal chances and we dominated in the second half.... not a single evertonian player played well tbh

you were not better than us, we created equal chances and we dominated in the second half.... not a single evertonian player played well tbh

Bollocks tbh. Fellaini and Rodwell did what they were supposed to pretty well providing a screen in front of the back four. Baines whipped in some very good crosses. We showed good movement in the first half-just needed someone to put the chances away. And Osman was denied by the post. We just started playing naff once we got into the second half. Chelsea just need to work on a formula that will keep a clean sheet for them. Like we need to.

Before your goal you had taken no shots on goal and had done pretty much nothing to warrant an advantage, beside aimlessly passing the ball. If you read what I wrote I clearly state that after the goal we were shell shocked, basically meaning you were the dominant side for the rest of the match.

Selective reading won't get you too far.

DarrenCanalPlus Darren Tulett
by OSullivanMUFC
Patrice Evra accuses Luis Suarez of making racist remarks 'to try to wind me up' during #lfc-#mufc. Tonight on #CanalPlus, 22.35.

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

DarrenCanalPlus Darren Tulett
Evra on Suarez: 'There are cameras, you can see him say a certain word to me at least 10 times. No place for that in 2011.' #lfc #mufc

Simon Walton? ha. Thought he could go onto bigger and better things by leaving us for Charlton :P

He didn't make a single appearance for us. One of many in the Dowie period who could go under the category of our worst signing ever- Pouso, Walton, Hassailbaink, Traore, Faye :) And we gave you half a ****** million for him!

Before your goal you had taken no shots on goal and had done pretty much nothing to warrant an advantage, beside aimlessly passing the ball. If you read what I wrote I clearly state that after the goal we were shell shocked, basically meaning you were the dominant side for the rest of the match.

Selective reading won't get you too far.

we still looked the better team than you, maybe we were poor for the first 30min but you were not brilliant either in those 30min and you guys could not handle Mata, he was the MOM for me

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Bollocks tbh. Fellaini and Rodwell did what they were supposed to pretty well providing a screen in front of the back four. Baines whipped in some very good crosses. We showed good movement in the first half-just needed someone to put the chances away. And Osman was denied by the post. We just started playing naff once we got into the second half. Chelsea just need to work on a formula that will keep a clean sheet for them. Like we need to.

sorry what i meant to say is no one stood out from the Everton side like for eg. Mata did for us

And tbh, I am not trying to be arrogant but I am not really worried about the goals we are conceding, all of them have been sloppy like Shane Long's goal vs us in the WBA Match... we just need to work on our concentration and I was disappointed by our performance , we looked lethargic at the best of times an Drogba was out of sorts for most of the game, only players who really played well were Mata and Sturridge, Cole was absolutely **** in the first half, gave the ball away and kept drawing fouls and Bosingwa was decent although his final ball was missing as it usually does

So for the first time since he has come, I am eagerly awaiting the return of Torres to our line-up

we still looked the better team than you, maybe we were poor for the first 30min but you were not brilliant either in those 30min and you guys could not handle Mata, he was the MOM for me

He was your stand-out performer, I agree, but only during the second half, IMO. During the first half - as funny as this may sound - aside from those two goals there was no danger, ever, while we still managed to create one or two good chances, the most notable being Baines' pass to Fellaini - who should've done better - well inside the box, only to be denied by Mikel's tackle, a very good one, too.

He was your stand-out performer, I agree, but only during the second half, IMO. During the first half - as funny as this may sound - aside from those two goals there was no danger, ever, while we still managed to create one or two good chances, the most notable being Baines' pass to Fellaini - who should've done better - well inside the box, only to be denied by Mikel's tackle, a very good one, too.

Mikels tackle was indeed perfectly timed-had to make that one. If we scored, game could've gone either way. And maybe we wouldn't have looked so beaten in the 2nd half. But, all ifs and buts now

Back