Live - Saturday's football

Clark's amazing deflection to the post was epic too. <3

Dzeko wasn't wide, but City insisted on trying to play through the middle, and didn't use any width, thus Dzeko got little supply and let Villa cope a bit easier. The only moments of real threat that I saw were when Johnson ran wide, or some long shots.

Yeh, just finished watching the highlights. Doesn't seem like Aston Villa had many chances. And they had a good wall in front of the goal. Im not going to blame them for parking the bus because thats what we have done against Arsenal for example.

When you are a true fan these results make your mood go down..i look forward to the next week and hopefully we start our winning streak again.

I can see City going to finish in top 4...im almoste 100% sure. But i want them to finish as high as possible. I dont think that after this round that anyone can argue with me with the fact that United are going to win the title. We are in a strong 3rd position and i dont expect us to finish any lower than that.

Hopefully next year will be the year when City step up to the next level and really gives a very strong title challenge.

I can see City going to finish in top 4...im almoste 100% sure. But i want them to finish as high as possible. I dont think that after this round that anyone can argue with me with the fact that United are going to win the title. We are in a strong 3rd position and i dont expect us to finish any lower than that.
I can, nothing is certain in football.

I can, nothing is certain in football.

True...but they are unbeaten and i can't see them getting beaten anytime soon. If they go unbeaten the whole season and doesn't win the title. Im really suprised ;)

3 weeks till the Manchester Derby and hopefully we do not park the bus at old trafford :D

True...but they are unbeaten and i can't see them getting beaten anytime soon. If they go unbeaten the whole season and doesn't win the title. Im really suprised ;)

3 weeks till the Manchester Derby and hopefully we do not park the bus at old trafford :D
They've got Man City, Arsenal @ Emirates and Chelsea twice still to come. I can definetely see them getting beat in between there and if they don't then they deserve the title.

This was posted by a Stoke fan on the Fulham message board. Maybe a WUM but who knows, its ****** hilarious.

Earlier in the season, a certain Fulham player famous for committing late tackles and throwing balls into opposition players' faces told us all that certain teams go out to play dangerously and that we can conclude that the managers are at fault.

Well then, what about Fulham today?

We all know that Mark Hughes was a cowardly cheat who shirked out of a fight but was always happy to throw his elbows around when he thought he could get away with it. According to Mr Murphy, I suppose we're allowed to assume that Hughes sent out Hangeland with explicit instructions to take both Delap and Shawcross - who he considered Stoke's most important players - out of the game with two dangerous aerial 'challenges'. Led with his elbows both times and the referee somehow allowed him to get away with it. He was only following the example of his boss, I suppose, but both were straight reds.

Similarly, we all know that John Paintsil is nothing short of a cheat who should have been given a life ban for crimes against football a long, long time ago. Hughes could nip this sort of behaviour in the bud in minutes. Earlier in the season, Jermaine Pennant dived to win us a free-kick in a home game against Aston Villa. After the game, Pulis made sure that Pennant understood that Stoke City is a proper football club and that we stick to the same principles that we had when we founded the Football League. We don't dive and we don't cheat, we play the game hard but fair. Since then, Pennant hasn't dived once. Paintsil, however, was launching himself at the floor at every opportunity and the way he reacted to an incident with Pennant in the second half was nothing short of shameful. Hughes could stop it if he wanted to. He could have substituted him there and then instead of sprinting down the touchline to shout at the officials. We can only assume that Hughes encourages this sort of behaviour, either by actively instructing his players to do that kind of thing or by not punishing them for it.

Andy Johnson is another player who Hughes could have sorted out. He's a bit like Danny Murphy in that he's an automated falling-down machine with a nasty streak, with a penchant for late stamps on defenders who clear the ball and tackles from behind. He was at it again today, throwing himself at the floor whenever the ball came to him and doing his best to take out Stoke defenders at every opportunity. Hughes could remedy this, but he doesn't. He lets them carry on cheating.

It's no wonder that Fulham can barely muster 100 supporters to make an away trip, nor that those few who did go sat in appalled silence for most of the 90 minutes. They seemed utterly disgusted at what they saw from their team and I presume that this is an attitude shared on this board. Fulham fans deserve a lot of credit for this and whilst I haven't looked around, I presume that there's a real movement to get this Hughes idiot out of the club and to bring in a manager who plays real hard-but-fair football like Stoke, rather than the cowardly brand of cheating endorsed by the present manager. I think we can assume from Hughes' mincing about on the touchline today and the way that he spent large parts of the match not actually watching the game but gesturing and swearing at Stoke supporters that he's a man on the brink and he'll be out of a job soon. If he does leave, you might escape relegation. If not, you'll continue to disgrace yourselves whilst going down as a national laughing stock.

This was posted by a Stoke fan on the Fulham message board. Maybe a WUM but who knows, its ****** hilarious.

If he was any more bitter, you could bottle him and call him salad dressing. Impressive WUMming there.

watching the FLS and Bamba scored twice again !!

In Scotland he was never this prolific

Yes Stockdale, best keeper in the League !

2s63m6h.jpg

:)