Live - Saturday's football

So happy with that, great performance, first clean sheet since October, YES :D

**** YEAH!

great defense tonight, Collins was rock solid

Sigh, good performance by Villa, even it was ugly and defensive, but what do you expect, they are managed by Houllier and they are down the table against one of the best teams in the league. Well played Villa.

£24,000,000 of happiness right there.
Next up, Wigan, looking forward to that, should win that on the high from this one, will be a chance to attack more there too

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

Sigh, good performance by Villa, even it was ugly and defensive, but what do you expect, they are managed by Houllier and they are down the table against one of the best teams in the league. Well played Villa.

Can you change your sig now please?
(A)

Ugly and defensive? Mate, we only played one true midfielder against you, and Petrov is certainly not an out-and-out defensive midfielder. We scored against you and late in the game we went defensive, understandably seeing as we were 1-0 up late in the game. More to the point, you were far too cautious.

Oh please do not go there before we have to start recalling certain matches involving Man City and Arsenal. Tbh Villa today were more attacking that Man City were at the Emirates, atleast they counterattacked lol.

city vs arsenal: pot, kettle, black. Dont be so bitter, you alwaya complain when its the other way round. you failed tonight because of your lack of invention. villa went narrow and deep, yet you insisted in continuing to go inside, despite the fact you had the tower that is Dzeko up front.

Fair play to Villa today. Great defensive display. City were the better team and deserved to get something from the game but being the better team doesn't mean ****.

If i was offered 3rd in the table and CL football for next year a take that now. This might just be the result that turns Villas season around. Good luck to them.

Waking up from nursing a hangover to see Villa 1-0 up certainly helped my mood. (L)

Edin Dzeko - £27 million
Yaya Toure - £24 million
No goals against Villa - Priceless

Villa were superb defensively from the second half I saw. Was a tough call between MOTM for Dunne or Collins for me. To the City fans complaining they were defensive, Villa actually had shots on target; more than City could achieve at the Emirates.

Oh, and Friedel deserves a big clean sheet bonus of around £5 million.

I was watching a movie while this game was played....****...how did City lose? And bent scored the winner! And how did Dzeko play? Im very disappointed.

I was watching a movie while this game was played....****...how did City lose? And bent scored the winner! And how did Dzeko play? Im very disappointed.

I'll tell you how they lost: you see, in a game of football, if the opposition score and you don't, you've lost.

Check back in next week, and we'll work on what a football is.

I'll tell you how they lost: you see, in a game of football, if the opposition score and you don't, you've lost.

Check back in next week, and we'll work on what a football is.

That was a pretty arrogant answere, dont you think? Beating City doesn't make you world rulers.

I was asking more like, what was the game like and how did the new signing (dzeko) play.

That was a pretty arrogant answere, dont you think? Beating City doesn't make you world rulers.

I was asking more like, what was the game like and how did the new signing (dzeko) play.

City decided that despite Dzeko being a tower, they didn't like the wings. So his impact was very minimal.

Coming from you?

You seem quick to write off Tottenham's chances despite us finishing above you last season, and you struggling to keep a clean sheet against us earlier this season.

That's arrogance.

City decided that despite Dzeko being a tower, they didn't like the wings. So his impact was very minimal.

In City forum they said that they need 2 balls on the field. So Tevez can paly with 1 and the rest with another 1...am i right? Is Tevez really that selfish. I think 1 reason to our loss was the fa cup game against leicester. But you should still win these games!

This is why we cannot think about the PL title. It's Manchester Uniteds already, let's just finish 3rd, as Arsenal and United are miles ahead as a team. And then we got Chelsea and Spurs almoste breathing in our f***ing neck.

And did Dzeko play wide? Wtf...what is Mancini thinking.

And btw, i am very glad to lose to Villa and not to another team. They really deserve to get to the better side of the table. Hope this turns your season around. I just wanna turn my attention to the future games. I dont like suprises like this when i come home.

Last edited:

Ha, what? Arrogant would be gloating and talking about your midget club, etc. etc. All I was doing was pointing out the basic rules of football.

And btw, i am very glad to lose to Villa and not to another team. They really deserve to get to the better side of the table. Hope this turns your season around. I just wanna turn my attention to the future games. I dont like suprises like this when i come home.

Oh, the irony. You call me arrogant, and then claim that us winning is a surprise? oO)

In City forum they said that they need 2 balls on the field. So Tevez can paly with 1 and the rest with another 1...am i right? Is Tevez really that selfish. I think 1 reason to our loss was the fa cup game against leicester. But you should still win these games!

This is why we cannot think about the PL title. It's Manchester Uniteds already, let's just finish 3rd, as Arsenal and United are miles ahead as a team. And then we got Chelsea and Spurs almoste breathing in our f***ing neck.

And did Dzeko play wide? Wtf...what is Mancini thinking.

Dzeko wasn't wide, but City insisted on trying to play through the middle, and didn't use any width, thus Dzeko got little supply and let Villa cope a bit easier. The only moments of real threat that I saw were when Johnson ran wide, or some long shots.

Johnson had a good game, consistently getting wide and running in at Clark, who dealt with him fair well all things considered. In stark contrast, Silva was anonymous from his drifts infield.

Agbonlahor played well at left back in the last five mins...