Live - Sunday football

Dunno about anyone else, but i'm not too fussed about the Europa League, it's a distraction we could do without tbh.

Though, my Dad told me something earlier, that if United win the champions league, then 5th in the league would get United's champions league place (for winning the champions league) meaning the Europa League place would move down to 6th. Not sure how true that is though...

Dunno about anyone else, but i'm not too fussed about the Europa League, it's a distraction we could do without tbh.

Though, my Dad told me something earlier, that if United win the champions league, then 5th in the league would get United's champions league place (for winning the champions league) meaning the Europa League place would move down to 6th. Not sure how true that is though...

If United wins the Champions league and finish 5th then 5 teams will qualify for Champions league or 4th team will lose the Champions league spot. Not sure about that.

While I agree on Europa League, it is still a major factor. Attracting players of the highest calibre will be much harder without the pull of European football is going to be very difficult. I just hope we can still get some big names in.

As for the Man United winning Champions League thing, I don't think that's right unfortunately :S

Sigh.

I blame myself.

tbh I always did think Liverpool would hit reality in this game, yes they have improved but all the hype around em being some unbelievable force or something majorly different to this season still seams a bit far fetched to me. Yes Liverpool have an awesome front line but midfield and defence I think is not good enough to win trophies.

tbh I always did think Liverpool would hit reality in this game, yes they have improved but all the hype around em being some unbelievable force or something majorly different to this season still seams a bit far fetched to me. Yes Liverpool have an awesome front line but midfield and defence I think is not good enough to win trophies.

We weren't bad today, we just started slowly and got little from the referee. We probably deserved a draw, but sometimes things like that just happen. Re:defence, it's been fantastic since Kenny came in charge. Flanno's been superb.

We weren't bad today, we just started slowly and got little from the referee. We probably deserved a draw, but sometimes things like that just happen. Re:defence, it's been fantastic since Kenny came in charge. Flanno's been superb.

You certainly didn't deserve a draw. I'm not sure how the stats look, and I'm not really bothered, but to the majority of people watching that game, any result other than a Spurs win would have been ridiculous. We were the most threatening and the most defensively solid.

That said, I still don't really want 5th. Maybe Birmingham will secure their survival against us next week.

You certainly didn't deserve a draw. I'm not sure how the stats look, and I'm not really bothered, but to the majority of people watching that game, any result other than a Spurs win would have been ridiculous. We were the most threatening and the most defensively solid.

That said, I still don't really want 5th. Maybe Birmingham will secure their survival against us next week.

I have to say I disagree, but I can't be bothered going into it. Pirate of the Caribbean on.

well, watchin Birmingham on MoTD and it's safe to say, judging by the display of the players today, I'd put money on them to go down

well, watchin Birmingham on MoTD and it's safe to say, judging by the display of the players today, I'd put money on them to go down

Roger Johnson <333

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

See, wasn't even inside the box, nor was it a penalty. F*ckin' Howard Webb.

Roger Johnson <333

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

yeah daft decision by webb

Can see them going down on goal difference for some reason, imagine Spurs will thump them at the Lane, can't believe Birmingham were so weak in a home game against a team with nothing to play for, where a win would guarantee safety.

Hope Blackpool survive.

Roger Johnson <333

could have sent off Suarez too so be happy on that note

could have sent off Suarez too so be happy on that note

Meh, I guess. Very little in it. Still, Webb was on Spurs' side all day though, wouldn't of been suprising if he did send him off.
You know, with all the publicity Webb's been given anti Liverpool, you'd think he'd revert his ways.

Meh, I guess. Very little in it. Still, Webb was on Spurs' side all day though, wouldn't of been suprising if he did send him off.
You know, with all the publicity Webb's been given anti Liverpool, you'd think he'd revert his ways.

Revert his ways of attempting to do his job the best he can? That's a very slippery slope for a referee to go down, and it's exactly what managers try to achieve with mind games. I have faith that referees perform to the best of their ability, and it's natural they make mistakes. It's also inevitable, that, if you want to find a pattern with a referee, you'll find one, because errors appear sporadically rather than systematically.

Revert his ways of attempting to do his job the best he can? That's a very slippery slope for a referee to go down, and it's exactly what managers try to achieve with mind games. I have faith that referees perform to the best of their ability, and it's natural they make mistakes. It's also inevitable, that, if you want to find a pattern with a referee, you'll find one, because errors appear sporadically rather than systematically.

But he's just...
aaah.