Live text - Monday football

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 139
  • Views Views 4K
yh but fergie didnt spend this much money in his 1st 5 years, like rafa has

I think rafa has been at the club longer than fergie had when that happened. That would be a pretty valid point if you stick with him and win 11 titles.

i would say if benitez didnt win the champions league he would have been gone by now

This was mcleishs speech after the game, maybe other managers should take a leaf out of his book
Birmingham boss Alex McLeish: "The players were awesome tonight. They've gone up in my estimation: their resilience, their spirit. A great performance. The referee got [the penalty decision] wrong. Peter Walton is a great referee but he must have been unsighted. It wasn't even iffy. It's part of the game though. We take it on the chin and move forwards."

This is however how not to react lol
Birmingham's Lee Carsley on the penalty incident: "It's a joke. I know for a fact I didn't touch him. I think when the referee sees it, he'll be really disappointed. It's an embarrassing case of cheating."

Although he's had no money this season, he has in the past 5 years, he's had enough time to mould together a good side and bring in youths will high potential, Gerrard was already there and the only 'world class' players would be Gerrard, Reina, Mascherano and Torres. (Benayoun maybe)

good in the transfer market, cannot put the players together

any manager can be good in the transfer market when they have hundreds of millions to spend and massive wages to offer clubs and players

mark hughes is good, your ****** 4th in the league mate, i bet you would of took tht 4 months ago

lee carsley had every right to say that. if your not allowed to go on tv and say that someone cheated when they clearly did then their is something wrong. he wasn't even over the top with his criticism.

i think carsley was more critizing the Player, not the ref.

liverpool havent had any luck over the past few weeks in all fairness lads so maybe the peno they got was due

i don`t think hughes is even an avarage manger yet he has achived nothing at all has he rafa is 10x the manger he is imo! althougth rafas having a bad time of it at the min hes still won the champions league and hughes hasn`t even managed a team involved in it!
also what about jose` the speacal one as the next liverpool manager?

why do people mention him. why would he go to a team with **** all money?

come, you cant say tht,

hughes wales, blackburn and man city

Rafa Spainish team after spanish team, valencia and liverpool

slightly different in class.

im not being funny how many of mourinhos signings are still at chelsea, all hughes signings look good other than ben haim and taylor so far, sylvinho didnt cost anything and santa cruz had tonsilitis on his debut cant judge him after that. anyway here are some of mourinhos terrible signings
Parker
Mutu
Glen Johnson
Shevchenko
All huge price tags, not bad players but were all flops, he didnt need to sign parker he just did so other teams couldnt have him, its not easy having money all the time

Back