Live text - Monday's football

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 117
  • Views Views 4K
rooney aint the best striker in the world drogba, eto, higuean (sp) pato, villa and henry are far better strikers

rooney aint the best striker in the world drogba, eto, higuean (sp) pato, villa and henry are far better strikers

Out of, Drogba, Eto'o, Gonzalo, Pato, Villa & Henry. The only one who has been anywhere near Rooney is Drogba. Rooney is the best striker in the world at the moment. How can you say he is not? Have you been watching football... :S

I'm not saying Eto'o, Gonzalo, Pato Villa and Henry are not good, but they are not on the same level as Rooney this season.

i have to agree with ian, hes the best in england but the best in the world is a big ask, lots of top strikers out there

well will see at the world cup when it is villa or torres wining the golden boot and getting a winners medal in the proccess rooney has one good season and he is great i think not

Higuaín is a beast. Would definitely prefer him to Benzema. He can score from anywhere!

well will see at the world cup when it is villa or torres wining the golden boot and getting a winners medal in the proccess rooney has one good season and he is great i think not
Well just compare the squads abit here. Spain have Fabregas, Senna, Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta, Silva, Cazorla etc england? gerrard/lampard who cant play together and others who i dont need to mention.

Of course its either Villa/Torres whos going to get the golden boot as they will get far more better service than Rooney will.

Last edited:

i have to agree with ian, hes the best in england but the best in the world is a big ask, lots of top strikers out there
Really, what the ****?

Drogba- Fair enough, he is obviously one of the top strikers in the world but far better than rooney, in what way? Before this season you would probably say aerial presence, more prolific and physical presence. Now, only physical presence remains and rooney has stuff in his locker drogba doesn't.

Eto'o- What this season would make you say he is far better than rooney? Rooney is in my opinion the more rounded player and has scored more goals than Eto'o this season in a tougher league.

Higuain/ Pato- What the ****? Undoubtedly talented young striker but rooney is having a much better season than both of them and what exactly have these two acheived. Between them i think higuain was a bit part in one succesful la liga campaign. And they are both far better?

Henry- NO. Not only is he not playing for barca anymore because he is pretty much past it when he does play he is on the wing.

David villa- I think it's fair to say he is a great striker but what has he done to make himself a much better player than rooney.

David villa, drogba and rooney out of these players are the ones who deserve a mention when talking about best striker in the world and rooney is having the best season out of the three.

i think gerrard and lampard are two of the best players in the world and england should build there squad around them there must be system that suits both of them also in one of my previous post i mentioned strikers i would rather tevez in my team than rooney

Like gatid said, it wouldn't suprise me if we did because one man doesn't make a team. Spain have a squad full of world class players.......england do not.:P
Higuaín is a beast. Would definitely prefer him to Benzema. He can score from anywhere!
Agree with that, higuain has been much better than benzema and has relegated him to bench warmer effectively.

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 AM ----------

i think gerrard and lampard are two of the best players in the world and england should build there squad around them there must be system that suits both of them also in one of my previous post i mentioned strikers i would rather tevez in my team than rooney
Why?
Is tevez more creative? No
Is tevez more prolific? No
Has tevez got more of an aerial presence? No
Physical? No
Is he quicker? No

What does tevez possibly give that rooney doesn't. You could argue work rate but it's not as if rooney is a lazy player.

yes higuian is world class imo, and tevez is god ianhall, surely raul in with a mention, is he not one of the best strikers ever?

Just watch the man's technique. It's just sublime in every way, you can't ask for much more in a striker.

This is not best striker in the world. Please keep on topic.

yes higuian is world class imo, and tevez is god ianhall, surely raul in with a mention, is he not one of the best strikers ever?
Yeah, he is. But it would be a lie to say he is one of the best strikers in the world right now. He has only scored 6 goals this season.:S

ianhall you have said some baffling things on this forum, but this was extravagent to say the least.

Back