Live - Transfer deadline day

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 527
  • Views Views 29K
C'mon Spurs!! Get someone! Don't understand the Pletikosa deal.You have Gomes and Cudicini is a decent cover.

1315: Plymouth are set to sign Guadeloupe-born defender Stephane Zubar by the end of the day. The 23-year-old, whose brother Ronald plays for Wolves, has played in France, Belgium and Romania.

As with the Toon, I would rather get a striker in that can score goals, both clubs I support are lacking in that area. :(

Blackpool have confirmed the signing of winger Matt Phillips for an initial fee of £325,000 from Wycombe Wanderers.

Pete Fraser: Rotherham have 'dismissed in seconds' a bid from Plymouth for star striker Adam Le Fondre.

Wish he would come to Wednesday :S

id love alfie at wednesday lmao. saying that we got morrison mellor tudgay off to blackpool or burnley??

Apparently Heskey has been spotted in Newcastle. To be fair, he was probably aiming for Middlesbrough

birmingham to sign messi and c ron so that hleb doesnt get his game ;);):P

Tottenham and West Ham fighting over Ryan Babel. - SSN

Take him for free. He's yours.

Blackpool have confirmed the signing of winger Matt Phillips for an initial fee of £325,000 from Wycombe Wanderers.

**** signing IMO.

Blackpool want to stay up and they sign a League Two player with no Premier League expericence, but then again, it could work out to be a great signing.

**** signing IMO.

Blackpool want to stay up and they sign a League Two player with no Premier League expericence, but then again, it could work out to be a great signing.

it like then signing luke varney lmao he is a decent player but not premier standard league 1 maybe championship.

Usain Bolt wants a trial with Manchester United. Amazing story

Usain Bolt wants Man Utd trials
31.08.10 | tribalfootball.com
READ MORE NEWS ON: Bayern Munich, Manchester United, Ryan Giggs
Jamaican sprint champ Usain Bolt wants trials with Manchester United.

The Olympic gold medalist has already trained with German team Bayern Munich but United are his preferred choice.

Bolt, 24, who won three gold medals at the Beijing Olympics in 2008, says in his autobiography: "Ideally, if I was to play football, I'd sign for my favourite team -- Manchester United. People say it's not realistic but nobody has seen me play so you never know.

"If Alex Ferguson [the Manchester United manager] saw me in one of those charity matches he might think I could replace Ryan Giggs [United's veteran winger]."

you never no ;)

Last edited:
Usain Bolt wants a trial with Manchester United. Amazing story

Usain Bolt wants Man Utd trials
31.08.10 | tribalfootball.com
READ MORE NEWS ON: Bayern Munich, Manchester United, Ryan Giggs
Jamaican sprint champ Usain Bolt wants trials with Manchester United.

The Olympic gold medalist has already trained with German team Bayern Munich but United are his preferred choice.

Bolt, 24, who won three gold medals at the Beijing Olympics in 2008, says in his autobiography: "Ideally, if I was to play football, I'd sign for my favourite team -- Manchester United. People say it's not realistic but nobody has seen me play so you never know.

"If Alex Ferguson [the Manchester United manager] saw me in one of those charity matches he might think I could replace Ryan Giggs [United's veteran winger]."

you never no ;)
He'll be the knew Quincy; pure speed, no ball control!

Brighton & Hove Albion are still hopeful of signing Kazenga LuaLua from Newcastle on a six-month loan deal.

Charlton Athletic have re-signed defender Jonathan Fortune on a deal until Christmas.</B itxtvisited="1">

Plymouth are close to signing defender Stephane Zubar by the close of play today according to reports.

Plymouth Argyle have had a bid turned down for Rotherham United's highly-rated striker Adam Le Fondre,

Alan Gow looks set to sign for Swindon Town today, despite reported interest from Wednesday and a number of other clubs.

Rochdale look set to lose defender Craig Dawson to West Brom for £600,000, but he could well be loaned back to the Spotland side for the rest of the season.

Therry Racon is on his way out of Charlton with skysports.com reporting that the midfielder is off to Greece for talks with Panionios.

Read more: http://www.sheffwed.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=211504#ixzz0yBe2tbXw

The Swindon Advertiser have announced that Alan Gow has passed his medical at the County Ground today and is set to sign with the club

Read more: http://www.swindon.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=211536#ixzz0yBfX2n2Y

Millwall's interest in Swindon Town forward Charlie Austin has returned as the deadline day window rapidly approaches.

Read more: http://www.swindon.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=211454#ixzz0yBfrY5fD

Last edited:
West Ham are interested in signing a goalkeeper and Roma’s Brazilian No. 2 Doni is top of their wishlist.

Sky Sports reporting that Emmanuel Adebayor and Shay Given will be staying at Manchester City.

Aston Villa defender Curtis Davies is reportedly a loan target for Celtic.

Manchester United's Tom Cleverley is reportedly close to completing a loan transfer to Wigan Athletic.

More Birmingham news: The Blues are hoping to complete the £5m signing of Barcelona midfielder Alexander Hleb.

Birmingham have lodged an offer for 20-year-old Arsenal full-back Armand Traore on loan until the end of the season. The Blues are also thought to have begun negotiations with Russian side Spartak Moscow over a cut-price deal for versatile defender Jiranek, whose contract expires in December.

Shay Given will be allowed to leave the Republic of Ireland's training camp if an offer comes in for him today. Fulham and Arsenal have been linked with the Manchester City keeper.

Roma have reportedly offered Julio Baptista to Milan in exchange for Marco Borriello. Boriello is believed to be surplus to requirements at the San Siro following the arrival of Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Joseph Yobo could make a loan switch to West Ham from Everton. Although why he would want to jump onto a sinking ship is beyond us.

Liverpool are being linked with a move for Utrecht's Ricky van Wolfswinkel. Newcastle are also reported to be tracking the striker.

Palermo have turned their focus back onto West Ham midfielder Valon Behrami, who could be on his way.

AC Milan want Robinho on the cheap and there could be a long way to go in negotiations before a deal is struck.

Asamoah Gyan has been seen at Sunderland, as Steve Bruce looks to wrap up a £12 million deal for the Ghanaian.

Eidur Gudjohnsen is ready to sign for Fulham on a year-long loan from Monaco after turning down Stoke.

Aston Villa are being linked with a shock move for Everton boss David Moyes. Robbie Keane will learn whether he will rot on the bench at Spurs or not? Spurs are also seen on Steven Pienaar. Rodrigo Moreno is arriving to sign for Bolton from Benfica. Wigan want to take Jason Roberts to the club again from Blackburn.

West Ham want to keep midfielder Scott Parker after rejecting a fresh £7 million bid from Tottenham

Blackpool need some more players and Strasbourg midfielder Mamadou Bah is top of the radar

Martin Waghorn could be set for a £2 million move to Leicester. West Brom want Rochdale defender Craig Dawson.

Back