Live - Transfer deadline day

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 527
  • Views Views 29K
Leicester and Q.P.R. have made an inquiry about Utaka but apparently he is on 80k a week so I cant see it happening

Leicester also had bid for Ashley Williams turned down
He is not on £80k a week, it's bull made up by the papers a few months back, although he is on about £40k a week which is still a lot and he doesn't seem to want a paycut as he's already rejected offers from a few teams abroad, and he wants to stay in the Prem aswell. He might leave but it's unlikely because of his stubbornness.

And DMF were still linked with Jack Rodwell.

Already commented on that..

I don't see Fergie offering out a settled central midfielder who knows the English game like the back of his hand for a midfielder that he'll have to nurture and is completely different to Carrick.

Text from Reading FC:

John Madejski:

"This is the right decision for the club, and following the departure of Gylfi we will add players into the squad."

We should be seeing some new faces. :DD!!
Glad for you mate, I've had a soft spot for Reading since they had that amazing season in the Championship in 2005/2006 (i think?). Good luck this season.

According to some sources people could be leaving Leicester include:
Wellens to Leeds apparently he has put in transfer request
DJ Campbell to Blackpool
Fryatt to Reading or Hull
Hobbs maybe to Hull

I hope DJ leaves and the rest stay would be absolutly gutted if Hobbs left.

Time for another sweeping update

Honduras striker Ramon Nunez has signed a permanent deal with Leeds after impressing on loan.

Jermaine Jenas has turned down a move to Stoke, but Scott Parker is apparently at Spurs Lodge.

Eidur Gudjohnsen is flying to England for talks with Stoke.

Young Manchester City centre-half Dedryck Boyata is being chased by Norwich, with Newcastle and Leeds looking on developments.

Senior Chelsea officials say that Argentinian striker Franco di Santo is moving to Wigan, on a permanent basis.

Birmingham are set to complete the double signing of Armand Traore on loan, and Martin Jiranek on a permanent basis.

Marlon Pack has left Pompey on loan, to join Cheltenham, while Oxford have signed Josh Payne from Doncaster, on a month loan deal.

Fernando Morientes has retired from all football, putting an end to speculation by Schalke and other Bundesliga clubs.

Hercules have apparently made a 1.2 million euro bid for Young Boy's striker, Henri Bienvenu.

According to a guy on 606 tommy Smith has signed for QPR
I heard QPR had pulled out of a deal a few days ago as did Rangers, Smith didnt seem to want to leave and rejected both contracts but I cant blame him for getting out while he can tbh.

Sky Sports sources understand Dundee United have snubbed a last-ditch bid from Middlesbrough for winger Craig Conway.

Marlon Pack has left Pompey on loan, to join Cheltenham
Really don't understand this one by us, he's been good when he's came on in games, we have a small enough squad as it is..

i can't believe Hleb is on his way to Brum lol ******* excellent deal.

I really wanted Hleb, so hopefully he'll fail miserably at the brum.

Skysports.com understands Leeds have agreed a fee with Man City to sign Adam Clayton on a permanent deal.

No news about Hleb on SSN.com.

EDIT:
Sky Sports News understands Birmingham City have secured work permits ahead of signing Barcelona midfielder Alexander Hleb and Chilean star Jean Beausejour.
LOL XD

Juventus have confirmed release of Jonathan Zebina while it is suggested Armand Traore has sealed a loan move to the club.

I can't believe Harry wants to sign Scott Parker, he's no good at Spurs, definately not good enough for CL. However, I would like to see Forlan come to us :)

Juventus have confirmed release of Jonathan Zebina while it is suggested Armand Traore has sealed a loan move to the club.

Stop copying the SSN news thing you tool. :@

xxxxxx

Birmingham City have secured work permits ahead of signing Barcelona midfielder Alexander Hleb and Chilean star Jean Beausejour.

Big news round Oxf*rd:

Oxford United have secured the loan signing of Doncaster midfielder Josh Payne on a one-month deal.

Yaay? :S

Back