Live - Transfer deadline day

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 527
  • Views Views 29K
Apparently Youngster Gylfi Sigurdsson has left Reading to join Hoffenheim on a fee of 5M, with an extra 1M somewhen.

Can't say i'm not too happy, but i'm glad he's gone at this time, so now we have time to bring in 2-3 players. Matty Fryatt set to sign apparently.
Big blow losing Sigurdsson, he's a quality finisher, you defo need a new striker/goalscoring midfielder to make up for him leaving.

Big blow losing Sigurdsson, he's a quality finisher, you defo need a new striker/goalscoring midfielder to make up for him leaving.

Yeah, just checking twitter, quite a few links with Reading.

Our strikers are **** to be frank, so i really hope we bring in 2-3 GOOD players. :P

Portsmouth captain Marc Wilson is at Stoke to finalise his move.

Don't see Manchester United or Chelsea signing anyone today tbh.. would be the first time in a while we haven't had a big deal go through all summer.

Portsmouth captain Marc Wilson is at Stoke to finalise his move.

Don't see Manchester United or Chelsea signing anyone today tbh.. would be the first time in a while we haven't had a big deal go through all summer.
well we only had one "big" target in ozil and missed that, the only transfer that looks even remotely likely is van der vaart, since SAF is looking for someone in that area of the pitch

Manchester United being linked with Jack Rodwell and now Blaise Matuidi.

Who? :$

Also, Ashley Young to Spurs with Keane going the other way?

Manchester United being linked with Jack Rodwell and now Blaise Matuidi.

Who? :$

Also, Ashley Young to Spurs with Keane going the other way?
blaise is a creative destroyer (think owen hargreaves), in the french side, but uncapped

The Sigurdsson deal is done, on the Hoffenheim website it has the presentation of him, so Reading fans im sure you have the money lol.

AC Milan have a deal done for Robinho but it can only go through if either/or Borriello goes (loan to buy at Juve) or Huntelaar (Schalke, Spurs?)

AC Milan have a deal done for Robinho but it can only go through if either/or Borriello goes (loan to buy at Juve) or Huntelaar (Schalke, Spurs?)

Robinho deal should be finalized soon enough...happy for the lad after his career got runied at Man City

Birmingham have agreed a deal for a player who starred at this summer's World Cup finals, more on this shortly.

ALSO:
Fulham are eyeing a move for Real Madrid ace Royston Drenthe

Last edited:
Wolves have allegedly made a loan bid for Birmingham striker Marcus Bent.

Ronaldo has been spotted on a flight to London, with West Ham and Tottenham rumoured to sign him.

Roque Santa Cruz has apparently rejected a loan move to Lazio, in favour of a 5 month loan to old club Blackburn.

Luis Fabiano has signed a new contract with Sevilla. He won't be going anyway this window.

Asmoah Gyan has arrived in Sunderland ahead of a £12 million move.

Darius Vassell may sign for Notts County. Sven era all over again :P

Source - BBC Sport

Last edited:
Birmingham have agreed a deal for a player who starred at this summer's World Cup finals, more on this shortly.

ALSO:
Fulham are eyeing a move for Real Madrid ace Royston Drenthe

Wonder where you heard that from? (K)

I haven't seen the Huntelaar deal confirmed anywhere? The last I read was that the offer was on the table but Klaas himself said to Magath (I think thats his name) that he didn't want to go.

Personally I'd rather see him stay than Borriello

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Oh no - my bad - Huntelaar has been confirmed!

Besiktas have launched a surprise bid to sign out-of-favour Tottenham striker Robbie Keane on a season-long loan.

Birmingham City have agreed a deal with Club America for Chilean star Jean Beausejour

Last edited:
From JDowning on 606: "Regarding my earlier comment (9.30ish) about the future of Jason Roberts; Blackpool have failed to agree a deal for him. That leaves Wigan as the most likely destination for him, but apparently Leeds have now also shown an interest, they are looking for a loan deal."

From MattDaveDavies on Twitter: "Manchester City saying that Michael Johnson may be allowed to join Pompey."

I haven't seen the Huntelaar deal confirmed anywhere? The last I read was that the offer was on the table but Klaas himself said to Magath (I think thats his name) that he didn't want to go.

Personally I'd rather see him stay than Borriello

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------[/COLOR]

Oh no - my bad - Huntelaar has been confirmed!

Borriello was ***** at the weekend. Ronaldinho, Pato, Ibra, Robinho..... What an attack that would be!

I know! Not sure how they'd all fit in though. If they stick with 3 up top I'd rather have Dinho in than Robinho

Roy Hodgson apparently wants a striker, who he'll bring in at such short notice (if anyone) will be interesting...

also, looks like Konchesky will be signing today :(

Back