Liverpool accept Babel bid

Kenny Ultimately gets no choice in who goes and well who comes in, Comolli is incharge of transfers and Kenny is just a caretaker.

Comolli and the board know that the squad is small enough already so the fact that a player is leaving almost guarantees new players will be coming in, you would think

Better? ;)

Kenny Ultimately gets no choice in who goes and well who comes in, Comolli is incharge of transfers and Kenny is just a caretaker.

No he isn't. Comolli is our Director of Football Strategy who liaises directly with and makes transfer recommendations to the manager, who is Kenny Dalglish. If Kenny doesn't like who has been recommended, then we won't buy. Think of Comolli as a Chief Scout, no more than that.

Kenny, and ultimately the board have the final say on transfers.

No he isn't. Comolli is our Director of Football Strategy who liaises directly with and makes transfer recommendations to the manager, who is Kenny Dalglish. If Kenny doesn't like who has been recommended, then we won't buy. Think of Comolli as a Chief Scout, no more than that.

Kenny, and ultimately the board have the final say on transfers.

Are you Naive enought to think that really? Kenny is no more then an Caretaker manager, after may his opinion means very little, If Comolli wanted to sign someone and pushed hard enough Henry would ignore Kenny and buy him, same with Selling, As Comolli is more important to your long term plans then this stop gap caretaker.

Are you Naive enought to think that really? Kenny is no more then an Caretaker manager, after may his opinion means very little, If Comolli wanted to sign someone and pushed hard enough Henry would ignore Kenny and buy him, same with Selling, As Comolli is more important to your long term plans then this stop gap caretaker.

Who's to say Kenny is only a caretaker manager? Whilst I wouldn't agree with it, it isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

If Kenny doesn't want someone, we won't get him. Finito.

Who's to say Kenny is only a caretaker manager? Whilst I wouldn't agree with it, it isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

If Kenny doesn't want someone, we won't get him. Finito.

“We are delighted that Kenny Dalglish has agreed to step in and manage the team for Sunday’s FA Cup tie at Old Trafford and for the remainder of the season" ( Henry, 2010)

That doesnt sound like a long term committment to me....?

Kenny is no more then a stop gap. And Comolli will be there for 5 years, so who is more important.

JUst reported in dutch press, that Babel will only join Hoffenheim if a deal with Ajax fails. Because he would rather like to go out on loan to Ajax. He is afraid not everyting is gonna click together as a result of coming in the winter window.
So far from done deal.
http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/ajax/8766499/__AKKOORD_OVER_RYAN_BABEL__.html

Maybe Ajax just want a straight cash deal for Suarez. They aren't exactly loaded. Anyway, Babel's salary might be too rich for the Eredevisie . Who knows ?

“We are delighted that Kenny Dalglish has agreed to step in and manage the team for Sunday’s FA Cup tie at Old Trafford and for the remainder of the season" ( Henry, 2010)

That doesnt sound like a long term committment to me....?

Kenny is no more then a stop gap. And Comolli will be there for 5 years, so who is more important.

Then who is to say he doesn't do a good job and has his contract extended?

You're being just as naive by completely dismissing the possibility of Dalglish staying on longer.

Then who is to say he doesn't do a good job and has his contract extended?

You're being just as naive by completely dismissing the possibility of Dalglish staying on longer.

Your be naive thinking he gets a major say....? there is no indication from Henry he will take the job, the only direct quote from his mouth, i could find, was it will be until the end of the season. This runs with how he runs his american sports franchises with Young coaches and buying players yet to peak.... Comolli is in man in charge, this is an european set up. with Commolli being a transfer man, whilst Kenny is the football man, does what he can, with what is given to him.

post from a trusted ITK on RAWK-

Right

I know for a fact that we bid 18 million for Young in December but he had his heart set on Arsenal. Things change though so I will be honest. I've not heard anything for 2 weeks on that

Downing = I know **** all about.

= Warnock. Very likely

= Suarez. I said on Sunday that next week will be a very busy week for Liverpool football club and transfers and I stick by that. Just look at the activity the past few days. I said to you all that Suarez wants to join Liverpool and I also said Ajax will drag there heels over this. They want 28 million for him and they are not getting anywehre near that upright from Liverpool. Monday night 17,000,000 was a deal agreed and Ajax where all game. They want more money so are trying there best to get more money and the manager is doing this by speaking to the press by the looks of it. I also said Babel would be linked to this deal and I stick to that. I've recently been infored with addons the Suarez deal is £22,000,000 is the extra 5 coming from the babel deal? Probably.

I am not a fella who comes on spouting this and that. If I find info out ill say this and that. If I don't I won't bother. Have you seen me post that I know about this downing deal? No **** all because I don't. I still stick to my word and Wednesday / Thursday SHOULD be the day breaker

Right

I know for a fact that we bid 18 million for Young in December but he had his heart set on Arsenal. Things change though so I will be honest. I've not heard anything for 2 weeks on that

= Warnock. Very likely

= Suarez. I said on Sunday that next week will be a very busy week for Liverpool football club and transfers and I stick by that. Just look at the activity the past few days. I said to you all that Suarez wants to join Liverpool and I also said Ajax will drag there heels over this. They want 28 million for him and they are not getting anywehre near that upright from Liverpool. Monday night 17,000,000 was a deal agreed and Ajax where all game. They want more money so are trying there best to get more money and the manager is doing this by speaking to the press by the looks of it. I also said Babel would be linked to this deal and I stick to that. I've recently been infored with addons the Suarez deal is £22,000,000 is the extra 5 coming from the babel deal? Probably.

I am not a fella who comes on spouting this and that. If I find info out ill say this and that. If I don't I won't bother. Have you seen me post that I know about this downing deal? No **** all because I don't. I still stick to my word and Wednesday / Thursday SHOULD be the day breaker

Why double posts?

Right

= Warnock. Very likely

TOMMO86 :wub:

I really liked Babel :S

Good luck for him in the future :)

Guys this thread is about Babel's transfer, not about Dalglish, Saurez or anything else. If you have any transfer rumours post them in the appropriate thread and stop trying to argue about Comolli and Dalglish's role.

Guys this thread is about Babel's transfer, not about Dalglish, Saurez or anything else. If you have any transfer rumours post them in the appropriate thread and stop trying to argue about Comolli and Dalglish's role.

With respect, rumour has it that Babel will stall for a move to Ajax and therefore could potentially be a make-weight in a deal for Suarez, so I think mentioning Suarez is relevant to this thread.

Only time will tell of course wether this scenario pans out or not.