Liverpool agree £2m Wilson deal

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 66
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
A great signing for Liverpool and now i really am fearing for Rangers this season Walter Smith has to get his finger out his **** an sign some players our team is bare thin

In FM10 should this guy be given 1st team football in the first season if he is at man utd?

I agree with most except the last sentence. The lad is only 18 and has a lot to learn. Doubt he will be a regular come the end of the season, I reckon he will get between 10-15 appearances this season. Wilson becoming a regular nearer the back end of next season would me more realistic imo.

Well, I've got a feeling that you might be surprised! He stepped in to the Rangers team at 17, looking composed and effortless in big Euro games as well as normal SPL fixtures. To be honest, when Bougherra was away at the African Nations it was Wilson carrying Weir half the time. Maybe I'm being a little too ambitious for the guy, but he's better than Kyrgiakos for a start.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Oh, and it ain't Smith wanting to sell these guys - Lloyds is obviously putting pressure on the Gers to sell those in the last year of their contracts, after Boyd, Novo et al left for free this summer.

A great signing for Liverpool and now i really am fearing for Rangers this season Walter Smith has to get his finger out his **** an sign some players our team is bare thin

I agree, but I worry that he'll panic buy from pressure from the fans.

Oh, and it ain't Smith wanting to sell these guys - Lloyds is obviously putting pressure on the Gers to sell those in the last year of their contracts, after Boyd, Novo et al left for free this summer.

Hardly, Novo left because, as much as I love the wee man, he wasn't worth what he was asking for, and Boyd is on £30,000 a week at Middlesbrough, no club in Scotland could offer him that.

Hardly, Novo left because, as much as I love the wee man, he wasn't worth what he was asking for, and Boyd is on £30,000 a week at Middlesbrough, no club in Scotland could offer him that.

I don't mean that, I mean that the club would have got reasonable transfer fees for the two of them if they had been under contract - not leaving on the bosman ruling. Boyd would have been in the millions, Novo maybe half a million?

The only thing i don't really like about Danny Wilson is the boy has no loyalty Walter Smit gave him his big chance and at the end of the season he runs to Liverpool and the mega bucks of the EPL

Seems asif his contract is running out at Rangers so they've cashed in on him, which is sensible to be fair, can't really blame the manager if that is the case and he wants to leave.

He has been offered new contracts but rejected them in january when Liverpool started snooping around him

Well no offence, but any player would do the same, it's a dream move.

Thing is though, there was no concrete interest from Liverpool at the time, and even if he signs a new contract it just means he's worth more to Rangers.

Well, I've got a feeling that you might be surprised! He stepped in to the Rangers team at 17, looking composed and effortless in big Euro games as well as normal SPL fixtures. To be honest, when Bougherra was away at the African Nations it was Wilson carrying Weir half the time. Maybe I'm being a little too ambitious for the guy, but he's better than Kyrgiakos for a start..

Tbh I haven't watched him regularly enough to agree or disagree with most of that but if he is better than Kyrgiakos then he must be good. Kyrgi was one of our best players when played last season. However I'm not sure how you can compare them. The highest level Wilson has played at is in the Champions League against Unirea, Kyrgi has played against some of the biggest teams in the world and performed very well. Also 2 different types of centre-half, so I'm not quite sure how you have compared the 2 :S

*Goes on knees with arms raised*

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

On-topic,good signing for Liverpool and should be one for the future.

I'm a Celtic fan, but I can tell what some Rangers fans are thinking;

FACE
PALM.

Still, good luck to him. 18 and already at Liverpool, dream! ^_^

Good prospect, would like to see what Rangers fans say about him
A lot of talk about him when Benitez was here, but it faded away

Board refused to authorise Rafa spending the money on him. Superb prospect. Sad that Rangers are having to sell at a low price because of their own financial problems because he's certainly one of the best 18 y/o defenders I've seen for a long time but hopefully they'll get the full 5m if he fulfills his obvious potential.

I think the fact Rangers are selling there brightest young players highlights there current financial situation. I'd question whether he'll get much game time though because Hodgson prefers to stick with experience rather than youth. I think he will be 5th choice centre half this season unless he plays left back. Wilson certainly has an exciting future though and will turn into a home grown player eventually because he is only 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back