Liverpool agree £2m Wilson deal

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 66
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sotos looks like he's going back to Greece so he'll likely be fighting for a place with the other young Liverpool centre halfs behind the three senior ones who'll remain.

Great signing. From what Ive seen of him he looks quality and only being 17/18 playing regular 1st team football with Rangers is good news. Welcome Wilson, I cant wait to see him and shelvey play at Liverpool.

Last edited:
i read about people saying that walter is going to pressure buy? dont be daft, he's too experienced to do something like that. i have full faith in walter and i believe he knows what he's doing, although as every other fan its dissapointing to see so many people going

A great signing for Liverpool and now i really am fearing for Rangers this season Walter Smith has to get his finger out his **** an sign some players our team is bare thin

It's not really something Smith has control over, long gone are the days where you can waste money. Like the rest us.

Signings need to be the right one's. The reason the Eagles deal failed is because he wanted 20k+ wages and Rangers refuse or cannot offer more than 15k.

You still have Weir, Boog,Webster and Kirk

Well, I've got a feeling that you might be surprised! He stepped in to the Rangers team at 17, looking composed and effortless in big Euro games as well as normal SPL fixtures. To be honest, when Bougherra was away at the African Nations it was Wilson carrying Weir half the time. Maybe I'm being a little too ambitious for the guy, but he's better than Kyrgiakos for a start.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Oh, and it ain't Smith wanting to sell these guys - Lloyds is obviously putting pressure on the Gers to sell those in the last year of their contracts, after Boyd, Novo et al left for free this summer.

You basically summed up what I was going to say. Have to remember this guy is still only 18. Don't expect imediate success. Just a pitty Sami Hypia isn't there to show him how it's done.

Could maybe do with going back out on loan for a year.

When I heard he's came from Rangers I thought "*****". But I've researched him and spoken about him and he doesn't seem to be that bad. :D

Another good signing, on paper, not too much money either and from what I've heard of him he sounds quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back