Liverpool agree Adam fee

2things please?

1. Charlie Adam was a good player at Rangers, but cannot handle criticism or pressure, things that naturally come at a club the size of Liverpool and Rangers.

2. Charlie Adam went to my school, he is coming to visit us after the summer holidays, i've heard this could be called off if he moves. I hope not

The thought of 'Pool lining up with Henderson and Adam as a possible central midfield partnership makes me chuckle.

I have my doubts about Adam, I really do. Time will only tell, I guess.

The thought of 'Pool lining up with Henderson and Adam as a possible central midfield partnership makes me chuckle.

I have my doubts about Adam, I really do. Time will only tell, I guess.

Henderson will be RM im fairly sure

I wonder if this one will actually go through... Hasn't he already had about 53 medicals after 129 official bids were made? That's if we're going by the infamous Liverpool ITK's!

Apparently the deal includes Shelvey and Wilson on loan to Blackpool.

Aquilani played very well in the games he did play in the PL, not sure what you are basing that off.

Spearing - uhm, don't watch much Liverpool do you? Every game he puts in a heck of a shift and rarely plays poorly, a good performer.

Poulsen -will be sold.

Shelvey is what, 18/19? He will be loaned out this season.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Most teams don't even register 25, think we only had 21 last year. And youngsters of the age of 20(maybe 19) and younger don't have to be registered. There is no worries on that front.

We're basing it off him because he hasn't showed even in Italy last season that he was good enough. Spearing may put the effort in and congratz to him on that but in truth.. is he a player that you want in a Liverpool team against Barcelona if use make it back to the champions league? Shelvey was atrocious when i seen him last season.. at 18/19 you have to start breaking into the first team if you want to be a contender, look a the stars of today, they weren't loaned out at 19.

You do realize that is a Everton fan you are debating with. Every player you have/had is **** to him :P

Mostly true. But credit where credit is due.. i wouldn't mind having Agger in my team :)!

Gerrard is injury prone. Poulsen, Shelvey, Aquilani and arguably Spearing are not good enough for the prem.

Shelvey will be & Aquilani certainly is imo. You guys can have Poulsen on a free & welcome. Spearing is a classic backup player imo - he has his fans but not me. Have to agree with you about Stevie - argueably KK bought Henderson as his long term successor.

We're basing it off him because he hasn't showed even in Italy last season that he was good enough. Spearing may put the effort in and congratz to him on that but in truth.. is he a player that you want in a Liverpool team against Barcelona if use make it back to the champions league? Shelvey was atrocious when i seen him last season.. at 18/19 you have to start breaking into the first team if you want to be a contender, look a the stars of today, they weren't loaned out at 19.

Mostly true. But credit where credit is due.. i wouldn't mind having Agger in my team :)!

bit of a false argument. there are very very few players in the world who can cope with barcelona

Aquilani was good last season, 32 games 2 goals 5 assists 1.3 shots a game, 1.2 key passes a game, averaging 50 passes a game with an 88.2% accuracy; 3 tackles a game, 1.5 interceptions a game, and 1.3 clearances a game; in effect he did what central mid is supposed to, though could do with slightly increasing his key passes

I wonder if this one will actually go through... Hasn't he already had about 53 medicals after 129 official bids were made? That's if we're going by the infamous Liverpool ITK's!

Apparently the deal includes Shelvey and Wilson on loan to Blackpool.

Taking dig on ITKs at every possible chance.. Lol..

Whats the fee?

Meireles > Adam. However, it sems as if Dalglish wants to make a British team by all the buys he has been making, so you might be right

No, no he's not based on last season. Meireles was dreadfully over-rated, I think he's a good player, proven at Porto, but last season was very meh.

No, no he's not based on last season. Meireles was dreadfully over-rated, I think he's a good player, proven at Porto, but last season was very meh.

And because Adam had one good season he's suddenly a proven player? Who says he won't just be poor for Liverpool?

Apparently he's set to have a medical now so doubt their will be any hijacking.

@ Mike - i watched the Italian league a lot last season, to follow Napoli's progress. Aquilani was doing well against teams like Bari but anonymous against the bigger clubs. He was good going forward for Roma but his tracking back game was missing and that's a bigger part than most people think of a CM's game.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

And because Adam had one good season he's suddenly a proven player? Who says he won't just be poor for Liverpool?

To be fair, Adam was also a class apart in the championship.

Apparently he's set to have a medical now so doubt their will be any hijacking.

@ Mike - i watched the Italian league a lot last season, to follow Napoli's progress. Aquilani was doing well against teams like Bari but anonymous against the bigger clubs. He was good going forward for Roma but his tracking back game was missing and that's a bigger part than most people think of a CM's game.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

To be fair, Adam was also a class apart in the championship.

his tracking back was decent, but he isnt any kind of defensive player, best deployed alongside a more defensive minded partner, like Lucas. Aquilian's job was to maintain possession, and he did that very well

Steven Gerrard, Lucas, Meireles, Poulsen, Shelvey, Aquilani, Henderson, Spearing and Charlie Adam?

LOL

I actually thought Meireles was very good. But he's kind of in the same situation as Gerrard is for England, moved around to fill gaps etc.

Also, good news; Johnson's got a contract extension

More good news!; Insua's back in training, and looks like he'll be staying! **** another left back, we're fine.

I think adam is a good player, but when i seen him after 60 mins he was panting like gary palister and looked very average

Back