Liverpool agree Adam fee

Also, good news; Johnson's got a contract extension

More good news!; Insua's back in training, and looks like he'll be staying! **** another left back, we're fine.
Not really, Insua Is slow and has poor positioning so I don't see how he will be our first choice left back.

Not really, Insua Is slow and has poor positioning so I don't see how he will be our first choice left back.

He played bad in a side which was awful that season, other times he's played he's been very good. I think he's good enough, with some guidance and coaching.

He played bad in a side which was awful that season, other times he's played he's been very good. I think he's good enough, with some guidance and coaching.
Yeah ok he has potential but for me his ability right now is no better than koncheskeys(sp)

I never gave Insua or Degen any time. Are they any good at all?

Im just not a fan of Aquilani although who knows, maybe he'll prove me wrong this season.. although id think id rather have him than Bilyaletdinov!

Adam will be a good signing and big plus that he's british, although he is very slow.. he struggles to get back. I cant see what your midfield will be next season. How are use going to keep, Lucas, Adam, Henderson, Gerrard, Meireles, Kuyt and Cole happy. Especially if you are playing 2 up top!

Im just not a fan of Aquilani although who knows, maybe he'll prove me wrong this season.. although id think id rather have him than Bilyaletdinov!

Adam will be a good signing and big plus that he's british, although he is very slow.. he struggles to get back. I cant see what your midfield will be next season. How are use going to keep, Lucas, Adam, Henderson, Gerrard, Meireles, Kuyt and Cole happy. Especially if you are playing 2 up top!
I very much doubt cole will be here next season, Meireles could possibly be sold and Henderson will probably be used on the right seeing as he played better there for Sunderland.

Yeah ok he has potential but for me his ability right now is no better than koncheskeys(sp)

Insua is a player I like and glad to see him tweeting saying he was back in Liverpool. I always felt he was one of the scapegoats picked by the commentators, when a player with pace took the ball past him they were always quick to point out Insua was skinned, but would fail to mention the numerous times said player was handled well by Insua.

Pace is the saviour of all developing left backs, sadly it's something Insua lacks so when he does make a mistake he has to work hard to catch up. I would prefer it if we signed another left back and allowed Insua the time to develop, out of the limelight, that he never had thanks to H&G. He's not phenomenal right now, but he's decent enough.

Oh and did I mention he offers a pretty good attacking threat. Much, much, much, much, much, much better than Konchesky.

Thats a terrible insult. N'gog is a better LB than Kons***sky. Insua could be used as a backup to the new LB we at LFC have been clammering for.....well, forever it seems.

adam medical pictures

1_4e149bf696703100762127.jpg

2_4e149bfca23a8705252845.jpg

3_4e149c0286077095894336.jpg

4_4e149c08261ca191705793.jpg

6_4e149c143fe61253642206.jpg

bit of a false argument. there are very very few players in the world who can cope with barcelona

Aquilani was good last season, 32 games 2 goals 5 assists 1.3 shots a game, 1.2 key passes a game, averaging 50 passes a game with an 88.2% accuracy; 3 tackles a game, 1.5 interceptions a game, and 1.3 clearances a game; in effect he did what central mid is supposed to, though could do with slightly increasing his key passes

Exactly, and if we were to play Barca, he is the man I'd want to play, keep them moving, a workhorse.

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Apparently he's set to have a medical now so doubt their will be any hijacking.

@ Mike - i watched the Italian league a lot last season, to follow Napoli's progress. Aquilani was doing well against teams like Bari but anonymous against the bigger clubs. He was good going forward for Roma but his tracking back game was missing and that's a bigger part than most people think of a CM's game.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

To be fair, Adam was also a class apart in the championship.

Well I guess playing Aquilani [where he shined for Liverpool] in attacking midfield may be the best option. He isn't there for the tracking.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Poor how? He wasn't mesmorizing, but he wasn't bad by a long shot.

For a large portion he was average, albeit shuffled around the pitch to fill in for others.

People overlook this, thinking of his amazing 3 months.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

No one cares about keeping Cole happy. Gerrard will play every game when fit, Kuyt won't be left out, invaluable to us, our most consistent player over the past 3 years imo. Henderson is young, he will be fit in here and there, rotated with Meireles and Adam will play the games when we don't have much options and against the smaller teams who he and Carroll would link up very well with. He would even be >Meireles and Henderson vs Chelsea etc for some extra creativity imo.

Aquaman can play the DLP role and Meireles/Gerrard can play AP role...

Aquilani>>>>>Adam in my opinion.

Alot better quality of a player, but horses for courses and Adam has proved himself in the Premier League but I just still think he's not 100 pct needed with Aquaman around if I'm honest.

Aquilani's not a playmaker, he passes it 5-15 yards and makes us play beautiful football in close quaters, Adam is more Xabi-mold.

Good signing Liverpool, wish city had gone for him, he can replace the useless **** that is gareth barry.

Any news on the fee? Glad that he has signed for Liverpool. In my opinion extremely overrated. Isn't guaranteed a start for Scotland kind of shows his true quality. Anyway, wish him all the luck with Liverpool.

Offer him to Rangers now and they'll bite your arm off for him.

Ridiculous thing to say, Rangers missed out.

No thanks, over-rated down south and could never quite handle the pressure up here... and no, he is not good enough for Liverpool FC. Even the i don't like them, they are better than the current rubbish (i.e Poulsen) and a **** of a lot better than Adam

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

To be fair, Adam was also a class apart in the championship.

He also had a great season with St. Mirren around 6 years ago, in the Scottish Second Division...

Don't see the big issue here myself, he'll be playing for a better team with a better defence where he won't be relied on as much therefore taking off the pressure a little bit. He also won't be pigeon holed as Liverpool's dangerman as he was at Blackpool and if he is given a bit of a free role with solid pairing of say Lucas and Spearing behind him, it could be a nice fit for Liverpool. He's always struck me as a poor mans Gerrard if I'm honest but I still think he'll be good for Liverpool.

Adam was a stand-out player, in a pretty shocking team. He carried them with one hand at times, and does deserve another season of Premier League Football, however I hope he isn't sat on the bench for most of the season.

Sadly, in the summer of 2009, Argyle had a chance to buy Charlie Adam for a pretty cheap price compared to what he's worth now. Sturrock, said no, and decided Alan Gow would be a better option. And look where that got us. Good luck to Charlie, I just really hope he doesn't become a bench-warmer because he deserves better...

Any news on the fee? Glad that he has signed for Liverpool. In my opinion extremely overrated. Isn't guaranteed a start for Scotland kind of shows his true quality. Anyway, wish him all the luck with Liverpool.

Ive seen £7m thrown about with Shelvey and maybe Wilson on loan.

Other fee mentioned is £10m.

Back