• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 117
  • Views Views 6K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Liverpool agree a fee with Aston Villa for the transfer of Stewart Downing.

More...

Good signing, much needed width to Liverpool.

GodCubed, I'm singing "Dry your eyes" just for you mate.

Why does everyone keep assuming I'm not happy about this transfer?!

I reconciled myself to it long ago: he wanted to leave, and I wanted us to get £20 mil for him. We have, and thus it's been a success.

I reconciled myself to it long ago: he wanted to leave, and I wanted us to get £20 mil for him. We have, and thus it's been a success.

Fair does, change of tune!

"Always look on the bright side of life!"

It's OK to open up, GC. If you need to have a little cry - go ahead. No one's going to call you a ***** and beat you with a stick until you man up.

But if lying makes you feel better, you just go ahead and lie to yourself and others. We all know how you REALLY feel about this transfer.

lol

It's OK to open up, GC. If you need to have a little cry - go ahead. No one's going to call you a ***** and beat you with a stick until you man up.

But if lying makes you feel better, you just go ahead and lie to yourself and others. We all know how you REALLY feel about this transfer.

lol

It's cool Joss. Losing Downing isn't going to lower us to the level of a club who draw 4-4 with Newcastle at home after being 4-0 up.

It's time to count our blessings. One: We don't have Bendtner. Two: We don't have Denilson. Three: We have a European Cup. Four: Arsenal don't. And so on.

:)

Around £75 Million for Carroll, Downing and Henderson?

Ridiculous how expensive English players are.

Ohitmustbe on Twitter:
"£20m for Downing? Makes a change for the Scousers to be the ones that have been robbed."

Regional stereotyping ftw. ;)

If come clubs scouted players the way David Moyes and his scouts do, they'd save an absolute fortune in some cases.

''Villa chief executive Paul Faulkner confirms fee agreed with Liverpool after Downing submitted formal transfer request. ''

Proves how quickly transfers can be dome after a TR is handed in, player power gone mad.

People are talking 20 million for Rodwell as well, who did practically nothing worth shouting about last season and couldn't even make the U-21 starting XI. English players=Overpriced, probably due to the HG system I mean 2.5 million for Brad Jones (HG Australian) as well? He was barely worth 2 pound 50...

Really don't think he's worth £20 Mill but Liverpool need width and English players are overpriced so I can why they are paying that much

Well Moyes hasnt made that much from it thus far.

If it wasnt for moyes and his scouting they'd be in a much worse position, becuase they wouldnt have got the cheap talent

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

The price of overachieving sadly, leading to offering of stupid wages.

could be worse TBH. Imagine if Moyes hadn't been able to find those kind of players

If it wasnt for moyes and his scouting they'd be in a much worse position, becuase they wouldnt have got the cheap talent

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

could be worse TBH. Imagine if Moyes hadn't been able to find those kind of players

To horrific to think about about tbh

But it's safe to say that Liverpool are now in a very good position to challenge for a top 4-5 finish now. Looking a very strong side with plenty of versatility and quality. Kenny has bought very wisely indeed

Really don't think he's worth £20 Mill but Liverpool need width and English players are overpriced so I can why they are paying that much

Aston Villa didnt want to or need to sell, he just had a very good season and is on a 2 year contract. People keep downplaying him, but if you look at his performances and his stats he was quality. 18M rising to 20M considering all that is a fair price

Such as? The deal with Fm has been in place since late 2008. In that period who has Moyes signed that wasnt already bigish? Thats is now gone good?

Back